s. Oakland and the Mets. Mondays gam | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Nov 21 '17
BOSTON -- Cedric Hankerson made a layup with four seconds left and Nick Havener blocked a TJ Williams shot at the buzzer to give Boston University a 65-63 on Friday night to open the Steve Wright Classic. Wholesale Jets Jerseys .It was a Williams free throw that tied the game with 28 seconds to play. He also made two free throws at the 4:29 mark that gave the Huskies a 62-55 lead. Havener had a tip-in and Eric Fanning made a layup before Cheddi Mosely converted a 4-point play with 40 seconds to go to put the Terriers up.Fanning led the Terriers (1-1) with 17 points and Hankerson had 13 to go with three rebounds, three blocks, three assists and two steals.Williams led the Huskies (2-1) with 24 points and Alex Murphy had 13.Northeastern trailed 39-32 at the half but rallied to take the biggest lead of the game, 57-45 with 8:43 to play. Jets Jerseys Outlet .C. -- When North Carolina freshman Ryan Switzer reported to training camp in August he was a little miffed to learn he was third on the depth chart at punt returner. Adidas Jets Jerseys . -- Jimmie Johnson held off a teammate, passed a pair of Hall of Famers, and dominated once more at Dover. http://www.cheapwinnipegjetsjerseyschina.com/ . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you look like a high school offence. CHICAGO -- Dioner Navarro welcomes the chance to come off the bench to hit in a big spot late in the game. The veteran catcher delivered a pinch-hit sacrifice fly in the 11th inning to give the Chicago Cubs a 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Sunday. "Ninety per cent of the time when you pinch-hit in key situations, I dont want to sound cocky, but I kind of like to be in that situation," Navarro said. "Its the best against me and I love the challenge every time I get the opportunity." Navarro is 6 for 14 as a pinch hitter this season with two home runs and four RBIs. "Navarro has been doing it all year, constantly off the bench and getting the job done," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said. "Its a nice asset to have. Our bench has done a good job all year." Anthony Rizzo sparked the winning rally with a leadoff single. He advanced on Alfonso Sorianos single and went to third when Pirates catcher Russell Martin threw the ball into centre field while trying to pick Rizzo off second. Luis Valbuena was walked intentionally before Navarros fly ball to right off Bryan Morris (4-3) gave the Cubs their seventh win in the last 11 games. "We know we have a better team than the record shows," Cubs starter Carlos Villanueva said. "Weve lost some heartbreaking close games. You take back at least half of those games and were in a better position. Right now, I think its important for us to keep playing well into the All-Star break and have a strong second half." Matt Guerrier (3-4) pitched two scoreless innings for his first win with Chicago. He was acquired in the trade that sent Carlos Marmol to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday. The Cubs had a 3-2 lead and the Pirates were down to their last strike in the ninth when Starling Marte drove a 3-2 pitch from closer Kevin Gregg over the wall in centre for his ninth homer. It was Greggs second blown save in 17 opportunities. He began the inning with consecutive strikeouts against Jordy Mercer and pinch hitter Travis Snider. "We were one strike away there," Gregg said. "I made some good pitches in to (Marte), made him conscious of the ball in. I felt like I made a pretty good pitch away from him and he did a good job of hitting and going to get it." Chicago (38-48) improved to 20-18 since it got off to a lacklustre start. It has won five of its last seven series. "To win two out of three, it was nice beating the best team in baseball," Sveum said. Pittsburgh (53-34) has dropped three of four to fall into a tie with St. Louis for the NL Central lead and the best record in the majors. "What hurt us earlier was the fourth and sixth innings with a runner at third and we werent able to score them," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "Buut we continued to play hard, we continued to battle. Cheap Jets Jerseys. We get to the ninth inning with two outs and two strike and Marte rides a ball out of the ballpark. These games just battle-test you." The Cubs grabbed a 3-2 lead when Scott Hairston connected for a pinch-hit solo homer against Tony Watson in the eighth inning. It was Hairstons eighth homer. "I was happy to contribute today and it was nice getting the win," Hairston said. "Navarro came off the bench after waiting four hours, came up huge for us, and throughout the year were going to remember this and build on it. To win two out of three against a team like Pittsburgh, you have to feel good about that." Pirates right-hander A. J. Burnett came off the 15-day disabled list after being sidelined by a strained right calf and pitched five solid innings. He allowed two runs, one earned, and three hits. Villanueva (2-4) lasted just four innings, by design. He was making his first start since Scott Feldman was traded to Baltimore, opening a spot in the rotation, and Sveum said before the game he likely would keep Villanueva to a 75-pitch count. Villanueva allowed one run and three hits while throwing 69 pitches. He struck out five and walked one. "Winning the series against these guys, theyre in first place, and the last couple of series weve won, so I think that definitely cures a lot of aches and pains and everybody is happy," Villanueva said. Villanueva also helped himself in the third with a broken-bat leadoff single. He moved to third on Starlin Castros one-out double and scored on an error by first baseman Garrett Jones. Alfonso Sorianos sacrifice fly drove in Castro, who moved to third on Jones error. Burnett returned the favour in the fifth. He led off with a single and was erased on a fielders choice by Marte. But Jose Tabata followed with a double to deep left that tied it at 2. Tabata also doubled and scored on Andrew McCutchens double in the fourth. NOTES: Cubs OF Brian Bogusevic, who was called up from Triple-A Iowa on June 25, remains day to day with hamstring tightness. He hit for Villanueva in the fourth and struck out. ... The Cubs make up a rainout with the crosstown White Sox on Monday at U.S. Cellular Field. Cubs RHP Matt Garza (4-1, 3.45 ERA) faces White Sox LHP Hector Santiago (3-5, 3.50 ERA). ... The Cubs wrap up this seasons interleague slate with a two-game series against the visiting Los Angeles Angels on Tuesday and Wednesday. ... RHP Ryan Reid was optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis to make room for Burnett. ... The Pirates start a six-game homestand Monday that includes three-game series vs. Oakland and the Mets. Mondays game features a pair of All-Star pitchers, with Jeff Locke (8-1, 2.12 ERA) facing the As Bartolo Colon (11-3, 2.78 ERA). Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: