lay a tackle or things like that, Ballantyne said.Theres a | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 28 '18
CINCINNATI -- One trip around the bases has Yu Darvish thinking more like a hitter. Authentic Texans Jerseys .Darvish connected for only the second homer by a Rangers pitcher, and Adrian Beltre hit a tiebreaking double in the eighth inning Wednesday night for a 6-5 victory over the Cincinnati Reds and a split of their two-game interleague series.Darvishs solo shot to center field was one of three homers by the Rangers, who wasted a three-run lead before rallying late. Beltres double off Blake Wood (5-2) snapped a 5-5 tie.The right-handers next start will be in an American League game with the DH preventing him from getting to try for an encore.Just take the DH off and let me hit, he said, through a translator.Well, maybe not.If I get another at-bat, I might strike out, he said. I want to keep that (home run) image in my mind.Darvishs big moment came in the fifth when he ended his 0 for 12 career slump. He tipped the bill of his batting helmet as he rounded third base and raised an index finger briefly as he headed for the plate. The only other Rangers pitcher to homer was Bobby Witt in 1997 at Dodger Stadium, in only their third interleague game.The way he did it -- his whole at-bat looked good, Beltre said. That wasnt a cheap home run. He hit it to straight center field.Darvish looked good in batting practice before the game and assured manager Jeff Banister that he could hit.When he came back after hitting the home run, he reminded me that hed told me he could hit, Banister said. Thats a big boy home run to center field. That ball was struck well.Hes the fifth pitcher to homer against the Reds this season.It was just a really bad pitch, something he could handle, pitcher Tim Adleman said.Nomar Mazara had a three-homer, and Ian Desmond followed Darvishs homer in the fifth with one off Adleman. The Reds have given up 10 homers in the last three games, including four sets of back-to-back homers.Darvish let a 5-2 lead slip away. He walked a season-high five batters and hit a batter in six innings. A passed ball and an error led to two unearned runs.Jake Diekman (4-2) went one inning and got the win. Sam Dyson pitched the ninth for his 28th save in 32 chances.The win snapped Texas three-game losing streak. The Rangers havent lost more than four straight this season. They improved to 28-8 in one-run games, best in the majors.Carlos Beltran was hitless in four at-bats, leaving him in an 0-for-24 slump that matches his career high from 2000.Darvish helped the Reds score two runs in the second. He hit Adam Duvall and walked two to load the bases. Duvall scored when Ramon Cabrera grounded into a forceout, and another run scored on Jonathan Lucroys passed ball.Shortstop Elvis Andrus throwing error set up another unearned run in the fifth. Cabrera had an RBI double as the Reds tied it with three runs in the sixth, aided by another walk.INTERLEAGUEThe Rangers are 11-6 in interleague play, with their pitchers going 4 for 21 at the plate. The Reds are 5-12.TOP TWOThe Rangers host the Cleveland Indians on Thursday, matching the top two teams in the AL. The last time they met so late in a season with both teams leading their divisions was 1999, according to STATS. The Rangers have won five of their last seven games with the Indians.TRAINERS ROOMRangers: RHP Tanner Scheppers had no problems after his third rehab appearance, an inning for Triple-A Round Rock on Tuesday night. Hes missed the season recovering from surgery on his left knee.Reds: SS Zack Cozart missed his seventh straight game with an inflamed left Achilles tendon. He worked out on the field before the game. Manager Bryan Price said he could be back in the lineup this weekend.UP NEXTRangers: LHP Cole Hamels (13-4) opens a series in Arlington against the Cleveland Indians. Since the All-Star break, Hamels is 4-2 with a 1.85 ERA in seven starts.Reds: After a day off, they open a series in Arizona. LHP Brandon Finnegan (8-9) has 13 quality starts and has been the victim of blown saves four times.---Follow Joe Kay on Twitter: http://twitter.com/apjoekay ;Texans Youth Jerseys . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. Jordan Akins Jersey . A knee to the thigh might have stung him the most, but his sixth straight double-double made up for the brief burst of pain. http://www.authentictexansshopnfl.com/ ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. Fremantle goalsneak Hayden Ballantyne says his rumoured rift with teammate Nat Fyfe was nothing but wrong speculation, while he also denied he asked for a trade away from the Dockers.Rumours surfaced last season that a host of Dockers players were unhappy with Fyfes leadership style, with Ballantyne apparently part of the clan.But Ballantyne flatly denied those claims on Wednesday.Theres a lot of speculation in Perth with footy players, and thats exactly what it was. There were no issues to resolve, Ballantyne said.It also emerged last year that Ballantyne had sought a trade to West Coast after failing to land a multi-year contract extension at the Dockers.But Ballantyne says he never wanted to leave the Dockers, claiming his manager was merely sussing out all available options.I didnt ask for that, no, Ballantyne said of the talk he wanted to head to arch rivals West Coast.(I was) open to look at all the possibilities for my football career.My manager does a great job, and he dealt with all the rubbish outside.For me, it didnt faze me in the slightest.Im happy here. Once all the dust settled, and Im staying as a Fremantle player, I was stoked.Its always been my mission to stay a Fremantle player for my whole career. Im as happy as hell.Ballantyne said he had a refreshing chat with coach Ross Lyon after the trade period.Once the dust settled, we laid everything out, Ballantyne said. Texans Official Jerseys. I said, What do you need from me for 2017? And he was stoked with that.He said get your head down, bum up, and into pre-season.Ballantyne was an All-Australian in 2014, but he has struggled to recapture his best form since.The 29-year-old booted just 26 goals from 20 games last season, and just 15 goals the year before.It was a far cry from his 2014 campaign that yielded 49 goals.Ballantyne says Dockers players have been given the green light to play more instinctively in 2017.The club is hopeful the new style of play will help the team rebound from their horror 2016 campaign that yielded just four wins.Ballantyne suffered a fractured cheekbone last season, and he also broke his jaw in 2014.But the pocket rocket says hes not about to change his frenetic attack on the man and the ball any time soon.If I think about trying to protect myself in a game, opportunities are missed to lay a tackle or things like that, Ballantyne said.Theres a fair bit of metal in there now, so hopefully that helps.Luckily enough there hasnt been concussions or damage to my brain. Its just been bone damage, which heals quick enough. I wont be changing too much. Wholesale NFL Gear Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL T-shirts ' ' '
Share: