Martinez (9-6, 2.83) faces the New York Mets Noah Syndergaard | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 28 '18
SANTA ANA, Calif. Will Dissly Stitched Jersey . -- The Latest on a California Highway Patrol recommendation that Dennis Rodman be charged with hit-and-run (all times local):11 a.m.Former basketball player Dennis Rodman says a claim he was involved in a hit-and-run on a California freeway is hearsay.Rodman commented Friday in Atlantic City, New Jersey, at an event where he was giving out copies of his childrens books.Orange County prosecutors are reviewing a California Highway Patrol recommendation that he be charged with hit-and-run and driving the wrong way on a freeway for an alleged incident last month.A driver said he had to swerve out of the way to avoid a head-on collision, and Rodman left after a brief conversation without exchanging information.Rodman says nothing happened, there was no wreck and there were no injuries.---The California Highway Patrol says former basketball player Dennis Rodman should face charges in a freeway crash.Officer Florentino Olivera told The Orange County Register (http://bit.ly/2aTIN8W) on Thursday the agency recommends Orange County prosecutors charge Rodman with felony hit-and-run and driving the wrong way on a freeway.District attorneys spokeswoman Roxy Fyad tells The Associated Press the matter is under review.The incident allegedly occurred at 12:30 a.m. July 20 on Interstate 5 in Santa Ana.According to the California Highway Patrol, a BMW driver reported striking the center divider after swerving to avoid a head-on collision with an SUV traveling north in a southbound lane. The BMW driver said that after a brief conversation, Rodman left without exchanging information.A voicemail seeking comment was left at a listing for Rodmans marketing agent. Throwback Seahawks Jerseys . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland could be forgiven if he was caught rationalizing instead of dissecting how his club could blow a 5-1 lead late in Game 2. Camo Seahawks Jerseys .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. http:///...ugh-stitched-jersey/ . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end. ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Mike Mayers had one of the worst major league debuts ever, and did it on national TV.Mayers became the first pitcher to allow nine or more runs with less than two innings pitched in his first start since at least 1913, and St. Louis lost to the Los Angeles Dodgers 9-6 on Sunday night.Mayers allowed nine runs on eight hits, including two homers, over 1 1/3 innings in the primetime game. He threw 62 pitches, including 45 during a six-run first. His ERA is 60.75.After a rainout earlier in the week forced a doubleheader, the Cardinals decided not to start Carlos Martinez on short rest and called up Mayers, 24, from Triple-A Memphis for a spot start. St. Louis was the last team in the majors to use a pitcher not in their starting five this season.The outing was derailed by Adrian Gonzalezs first-inning grand slam and Howie Kendricks two-run homer in the second. Mayers had about 35 family members and friends on hand.Its the same game -- 60 feet, 6 inches, Mayers said. I felt like I told myself that over and over but as far as when you get out there its a totally different ballgame. I felt like I kind of started to let my emotions get to me. The game kind of sped up after those first two hits. I felt like I had to be better and thats the situation I have to get a lot better with.Mayers loaded the bases on two singles and a walk in the first. Gonzalez crushed a fastball 427 feet to center for his fifth career grand slam. After a double by Kendrick, Mayers struck out Yasmani Grandal and got a nice ovation from the crowd. With two outs, Joc Pederson walked and stole second. Pitcher Scott Kazmir singled up the middle for the final two runs and his first RBI of the year.Los Angeles chased Mayers in the second with three more runs.St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said Mayers should not be too discouraged.Hes had a great season and that was a tough assignment he just walked into, Matheny said. Rasheem Green Stitched Jersey. It could have looked a little different but hopefully he looks at it as a learning experience and he builds off it.The Dodgers had little sympathy for Mayers.Just pile on, Los Angeles manager Dave Roberts said. This league, no one feels sorry for us. Its a big boy league. I hope he throws well his next turn.Kazmir (9-3) pitched five innings to earn the victory. He allowed three runs on six hits.I felt for him, yeah, Kazmir said of Mayers. Its your debut, its hot and its on ESPN. It was a tough draw for him.Matt Holliday doubled home a run in the first. It was the first run scored in the first inning by St. Louis since July 3.Tommy Pham cut the Dodgers advantage to 9-3 with a two-run homer in the bottom of the inning.Four St. Louis relievers combined for 7 2/3 scoreless innings.We were in survival mode at that point just trying to figure out if we were going to get through it, Matheny said. Fortunately we figured out how to get through it and now we just keep moving forward.HOT HOT HOTThe temperature at the start of the game was 96 degrees.TRANSACTIONSCardinals: To make room on the 25-man roster for Mayers, St. Louis optioned RHP Miguel Socolovich to Memphis following Saturdays game. Socolovich made two relief appearances while in St. Louis.TRAINERS ROOMCardinals: INF Matt Carpenter is expected to begin a minor league rehab assignment this week. Carpenter, sidelined since July 6 with a strained right oblique, took swings in the outdoor batting cage and ran the bases Sunday.UP NEXTCardinals: Martinez (9-6, 2.83) faces the New York Mets Noah Syndergaard (9-4, 2.43). Martinez logged seven innings in a 4-2 win over San Diego in his last start despite suffering a bloody nose. Wholesale NFL Gear Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL T-shirts ' ' '
Share: