the Lumberjacks were the preseason favorite in the Big Sky Conference, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 16 '18
RIO DE JANEIRO -- U. Womens Germany Jerseys .S. boxer Shakur Stevenson reached the Olympic bantamweight final Thursday after his Russian semifinal opponent was unable to fight because of an injury, marking the first time since 2004 that an American fighter will be in a gold medal match.Stevenson won by walkover against Vladimir Nikitin, who sustained heavy damage in three consecutive brutal fights, clearing the way for Stevenson to advance to the final against Robeisy Ramirez of Cuba on Saturday.I always want to fight, but once I found out I wasnt fighting (Nikitin), I kind of liked it, Stevenson said. I can use the extra days off. Once I found out I wasnt fighting, I just kept moving to Saturday.Stevenson will secure either gold or silver for the U.S., something the country hasnt accomplished since Andre Ward won gold in Athens in 2004.Ramirez, the London Olympics gold medalist at flyweight, advanced with a masterful victory over Uzbekistans Murodjin Akhmadaliev while Stevenson watched from the stands.I paid close attention to it, Stevenson said. He had a tough opponent from Uzbekistan, and he got it done. He made it look easy, and were about to get after it, I swear.Stevenson is an elite 19-year-old prospect from Newark, New Jersey, with sophisticated boxing skills and remarkable athleticism. He hasnt lost an international bout in his amateur career, and he received a preliminary-round bye as a seeded fighter in Rio before beating Brazils Robenilson de Jesus and Mongolias Erdenebat Tsendbataar, both by unanimous decision.The U.S. men won just one bronze medal in Beijing and none at all in London. With light flyweight Nico Hernandezs bronze medal and Stevensons win, the Rio mens team will leave the Olympics with two medals for the first time since Athens 12 years ago.Nikitin took a pounding Tuesday from Irish world champion Michael Conlan. Nikitin still received the decision in a hard-fought bout, prompting an outraged Conlan to denounce the international boxing association and Russia as conspirators in corruption.Nikitin also won a disputed decision over Thailands Chatchai Butdee before taking on Conlan. The Russian started his tournament by beating Vanuatus Boe Warawara in a bout that left Nikitin bleeding grotesquely from a cut on his shaved scalp, and the cut opened up in each of his two ensuing fights.Conlans potential semifinal matchup with Stevenson was one of the most anticipated bouts of the Rio tournament. Even Stevensons personal coach, Kay Koroma, was excited about the potential test.Ive had many conversations with him where he said that he made his own list when he got here, said Koroma, who is also a coach for USA Boxing. `I saw my bracket. I get to see Conlan in the semifinals and Robeisy in the finals. He didnt get to see Conlan, and he didnt get to see the Russian, but the end of it is happening, and now hes got to fulfill it. What a way to win a gold medal, fighting the person you want to fight.Stevenson has been widely expected to begin his pro career with Top Rank Promotions this fall, but Floyd Mayweather tweeted Wednesday that he wished to extend a warm welcome to (at)ShakurStevenson into The Money Team family. Mayweather runs an eponymous promotional company, but has no stars under contract with the potential drawing power of Stevenson.Stevenson declined to confirm he had teamed up with Mayweather to be his promoter or in another capacity, grinningly saying he hasnt even decided whether he will go pro.Nothing is decided yet, Stevenson said. Im going to focus on winning the gold medal, and after I win the gold medal, Im going to weigh my options and see whats next for me.But Stevenson spoke glowingly of the retired champion after meeting him earlier in the Rio tournament. Mayweather, who attended Stevensons fights, subsequently referred to Stevenson as the next Floyd Mayweather.If he calls me and tells me stuff, Ill take it, but Im focused, Stevenson said. Im ready. It dont matter who I talk to. Cheap Germany Jerseys China . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. Germany Jerseys World Cup . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. http://www.cheapgermanysoccerjerseys.com/ . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. (STATS) -- Northern Arizonas offense is in veteran hands this week, but the Lumberjacks dont expect to be the same without All-America quarterback Case Cookus, who is sidelined with a shoulder injury.The redshirt sophomore, the 2015 STATS FCS Freshman of the Year, was injured in the third quarter of last Saturdays loss to Eastern Washington. Hes been undergoing tests on the shoulder this week.Fifth-year senior Blake Kemp, a transfer from East Carolina, is expected to start Saturday when the Lumberjacks visit Northern Colorado.I dont think its impossible to overstate (Cookus) importance to what we do offensively -- his ability to play the position, NAU coach Jerome Souers said.The injurys a setback for him. He took it really hard. Training our new guy, Blake Kemp, into the position, thats tough to do in the middle of a season. But other teams are having to do it. Its the next guy up.Kemp, a 6-foot-1, 205-pound left-hander, was the starter at East Carolina last year, throwing for over 300 yards five times in a 5-7 season. He also was aa starter for two seasons at Mesa Community College. Soccer Germany Jerseys. Kemp, who replaced Cookus against Eastern Washington, has completed 10 of 15 passes for 77 yards and a touchdown with two interceptions in two games.Cookus is among the FCS leaders in a number of passing categories. He is 80 of 119 for 1,173 yards and 13 touchdowns with one interception, and has a 184.4 passing efficiency rating.No question about it, its tough, Souers said. Well be a little bit of a different team, but I really like Blake Kemp. Hes a great competitor, great young man. I think the football team has responded well to him already.Cookus threw seven touchdown passes in NAUs win over Northern Colorado last season. This year, the Lumberjacks were the preseason favorite in the Big Sky Conference, but they are 1/3 with the loss to Eastern Washington in their conference opener.Northern Colorado (2-1) is playing its first Big Sky game. NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Gear China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White ' ' '
Share: