.Arizonas special teams had three costly mishaps -- a blocked field goal, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 12 '18
In one of the most riveting road racing finishes in recent history, Desiree Linden (then Desiree Davila) nearly became the first American woman to win the Boston Marathon since 1985. Air Max 270 España . Over the final kilometer of the 2011 race, she found herself dueling sprint-for-sprint with Caroline Kilel of Kenya -- only to lose by a slim two seconds. Linden went on to make two U.S. Olympic marathon teams and crack the top five in Boston (again), Berlin, and New York City. On Sunday, shell race alongside fellow Americans Shalane Flanagan and Amy Cragg in the Olympic marathon in Rio de Janeiro.In short, she has learned from that mental error in Boston five years ago. And now shes not only tenacious; Linden is smarter, too. When youre redlining it for 2 hours 22 minutes 38 seconds or longer, theres plenty to think about. How does she outwit her opponents over the long haul? Heres what she had to say.Start smart, then end with heartThe general rule for the marathon is to run the first 20 miles with your head and the last 10K with your heart. So I plan for everything. The night before a race, Ill hash through all the scenarios and figure out how to respond to almost anything that can happen. The plan is very individual -- whats the best race for me? Dial into that plan for 20 miles, then race the last 10K on guts and grit and inspiration. You can still be smart within that last 10K, but to me, thats the dividing line. First 20 miles in your head; last 10K in your heart.Use that watch early onFor those in the head miles, Im very aware of my watch. I know what Ive been able to do in workouts and what pace Im ready for, so I take splits and think, At some point, this type of mile is way too fast for me. I cant maintain that, lets bring it back. Or, This is too slow and theres a bunch of kickers here so start picking up the pace.?But its all individual on what your workouts indicate youre ready for. So its being logical in that way. What do my workouts say that I am able to do for this marathon, and use that to get to that 20-mile mark.Let your mind wanderIts such a long time to be out there, so at certain points, you just have to kind of let the mind relax because you can overthink it. Paralysis by analysis is absolutely real. So for me, Im always noticing fans signs. That stuffs kind of fun. Also, if youre in a really big marathon, you have to appreciate that -- like in Boston, youre running down the center of Boston. The roads are closed for you to have this running parade. Its an incredible feeling. Theres always a point where I have to smile because its really cool and very rare. Not a lot of sports get to go out in the city and stop traffic.Go through every scenario beforehandIn Boston 2011, I pictured myself winning that race for so long and it was always like I would pull away with three miles to go or something. I never, ever envisioned a sprint finish so I was like, Whoa, this is not what I expected to be experiencing right now and I didnt have a picture for what that would look like. So visualize everything.And visualize what you want, tooFigure out what you want from the race. Whats your motivation? Do you want to get across the finish line and not care what the clock says? Do you want to stop at every mile and drink a beer with a buddy? Whatever youre trying to accomplish, picture yourself doing that. So for your first marathon, visualize that point when you cross finish line and go, Im a marathoner! Picture the crowd and what its going to smell like and sound like and feel like -- and have that moment ready so when you get tired or you start to hurt in the race, you can think about that, Oh yeah, this is why Im doing this.Its also the idea of acting as if you are the thing you want to become. Just act like that every day. Im a marathoner, Im going to do the training because I have this picture in my mind of what its going to be like.Above all, be patientThe marathon all boils down to patience. The first 20, you have to keep yourself in check. Youre going to feel amazing and youre going to want to bank time, but you have to be patient. Its the same in training. Youre not going to be the New York City marathon winner on the first week of training. Or the second week. Or the third. For us, it takes years. But youre going to get better.It truly is a journey. You start, and youre like, The first 10 days are horrible. I dont know why Im doing this. Then you look back 10 days later and youre like, Im in shape! Each week you can look back at your training log, see how far youve come, and realize theres so much more to grow. Its incredible when you look back to day one or the day before the race when youre nervous and like, I dont know how Im going to do. Am I ready for this? Then you cross the line and youre a marathoner. Its kind of cool. Vapormax Plus Hombre . -- Its been a long road back for Sean Bergenheim. Air Max 97 Blancas Hombre . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpool, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off.http://www.zapatillasdeportivasairmax.com/nike-odyssey-react.html . It was Kerbers third final of the year after losing to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia in Monterrey in April and to Petra Kvitova of Czech Republic in Tokyo two weeks ago. The 10th-ranked German improved her record in finals to 3-5. GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Safety Tyrann Mathieus frustration with the Arizona Cardinals defense carrying the rest of the team in Sunday nights 6-6 tie with the Seattle Seahawks was evident after the game.Its a team sport, Mathieu said. When the defense is playing well, the offense has to complement us, special teams has to complement everybody, [and] vice versa.The Cardinals held the Seahawks to their fewest total yards and rushing yards in a game this season with a swarming attack of quarterback Russell Wilson. Even though Arizona had just one sack, it hit Wilson five times.Arizona forced Seattle to punt on its first nine drives.It limited Wilson to just one run, for minus-2 yards. It happened on the games third play. The Seahawks didnt break 100 yardds until 10:13 was left in the game. Air Max 93 Dusty Cactus. Wilson threw for 60 yards through three quarters, and Seattle ran for 29 yards through three quarters.The Cardinals offense failed to score a touchdown despite having eight drives that ended in Seattle territory, including six inside the 30.Arizonas special teams had three costly mishaps -- a blocked field goal, a blocked punt and a missed game-winning field goal in overtime.Its upsetting, Mathieu said. Its a team sport. We all got to get held accountable. We got to better on special teams. Offensively, we got to score points and defensively we got to create turnovers. China Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys NFL T-shirts From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2019 ' ' '
Share: