gets his first start since May 19. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 12 '18
WASHINGTON -- Gio Gonzalez is picking the right time to pitch his best baseball of the season. Braves Jerseys Outlet .With just a few weeks left in regular-season play, the veteran left-hander has thrown well in his last few starts for the Washington Nationals. He is 2-0 with a 3.06 ERA in his last three starts.He will take the mound Tuesday night at home to face the Atlanta Braves, who will start right-hander Williams Perez.And Braves interim manager Brian Snitker knows that Perez will have to contend with rookie Trea Turner, has been a spark plug in the leadoff spot for the Nationals.Turner went 3-for-4 and drove in three runs in a 6-4 win over the Braves on Monday.He is something else, Snitker said. He is a very, very special young player. He is making the most of this opportunity that is for sure. He is tough.Turner, now hitting .343, has been grateful for his opportunity. All three of his hits Monday came with two strikes.Put the ball in play, he said of his two-strike approach. I have an idea what they are going to throw me. With two strikes it is hard to guess. I try to see the ball and put the bat on it. I would rather swing a close pitch than take it for strike three.Teammate Gonzalez is 10-9 this season with a 4.14 ERA and is 0-0 with a 2.31 ERA against the Braves in two starts this season. He has won at least 10 games in every season, when he pitched for the Oakland As.Gonzalez was acquired in a trade with Oakland before the 2012 season and that year he won 21 games for the Nationals. He is 101-75 in his career with a 3.67 ERA.Atlanta first baseman Freddie Freeman, who hits the Nationals very well, and outfielder Matt Kemp have had success against Gonzalez in the past.Freeman is hitting .290 with two homers and 10 RBI against Gonzalez. Kemp is hitting .308 in 13 at-bats.Gonzalez had been able to neutralize Atlanta right fielder Nick Markakis, a left-handed batter. The former Orioles outfielder is hitting .167 in 18 at-bats against the Washington left-hander and he had three hits Monday.Perez was activated from the 60-day disabled list when rosters expanded on Sept. 1 and he will make his first start since June 6, when he strained his right rotator cuff.Perez made three rehab starts in the minor leaguers, with five shutout innings in his last start for Triple-A Gwinnett in the International League.There are few Washington hitters with a track record against Perez, who is 2-2 with a 4.62 ERA this year in nine starts and 1-0 with a 5.68 ERA in two games, with one start,in 2016 against Washington.Clint Robinson is 2-for-3 against Perez, Bryce Harper is 1-for-4 with a homer, Daniel Murphy is 3-for-6 and Anthony Rendon is 1-for-3.The Nationals won Monday as normal reserves Robinson, Chris Heisey (three-run homer), Ben Revere, Brian Goodwin and Jose Lobaton were starters. All but Robinson got a hit.Thats what theyre here for, Nationals manager Dusty Baker said of his bench. Ive always said you cant win with just your regulars. Youve got to get those other guys some opportunities to play. We feel very confident, especially for a short period of time, that those guys can do the job. ... The circle is not completed unless youre dependent on everybody in that circle, so everybody in that circle is important. That was a big day today, to win that game.The guys feel good about themselves, the regulars got a day off, get a good night sleep. (Bryce Harper) said it best, sittingnext to me in the dugout. He said, I love this team because we are a team. Thats the kind of attitude you want to have on a team. Babe Ruth Jersey . "Theyve both been real good," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. Kurt Suzuki Jersey . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said.http://www.cheapbravesjerseyschina.com/dansby-swanson-jersey/ .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers couldnt figure out Boston knuckleballer Steven Wright, and Scott Kazmir couldnt stop the Red Sox.Justin Turner doubled in the first inning, and the Dodgers didnt get another hit until the eighth inning in a 9-0 loss to the Red Sox on Friday night.Kazmir (9-5) was roughed up for four runs and five hits by a Boston lineup that was missing slugger David Ortiz.I didnt approach it any different. I feel like I would have been in a good position if I was able to be effective with my pitches, Kazmir said. I just didnt pitch well. I was erratic. When I tried to throw inside, it was way inside. I was trying to pull it, and I just wasnt effective on the outside of the plate.Kazmir has lost two straight since a 13-start unbeaten streak.I was trying to get some outs with my cutter in and my changeup away, but as far as getting ahead of hitters, just throwing consistently quality pitches, it just wasnt there.The Dodgers have lost three of their last four games but still remain two games behind the Giants in the NL West.,Mookie Betts, Sandy Leon and Travis Shaw homered for the Red Sox. Wright, who was born in Torrance, Calif., pitched a three-hitter, striking out nine in his third complete game of the season.Wright (13-5) was greeted with a big bear hug from Ortiz after he put the finishing touches on his first career shutout.Its definitely nice to do it in a homecoming, said Wright, whose mom, dad, sister, brother and wife were in attendance. Watching Dodgers games is what I did growing up. To have an opportunity to pitch here was fun. To be able to throw my first complete-game shutout was icing on the cake.Newly acquired outfielder Josh Reddick has yet to get a hit as a Dodger. He was 0 for 4 with two strikeouts.I think that they all want to make an impression, and it seems like Josh (Reddick), tonight aside, the at-bats have been very good, Dave Roberts said. Very quality, hitting the ball hard, and still getting on base. I think he wants to get that first hit as a Dodger.It was a rough day for Reddick as he got his first taste of driving in Los Angeles traffic going to the stadium from Glendale, a Los Angeles suburb.For me it took four entrances and three wrong turns to get here, but I made it, Reddick said. Ill learn eventually.Hell surely get that first hit eventually, ttoo. Tyler Flowers Jersey. The Dodgers did well in how they honored Ortiz on his farewell tour in a pregame ceremony. Legendary broadcaster Vin Scully narrated a video tribute while Ortiz stood with former teammates Nomar Garciaparra, Adrian Gonzalez and Roberts.I think any time Vin is going to tell a story, its going to be impactful and its going to be meaningful, Red Sox manager John Farrell said. To highlight David the person, not so much the player.The Dodgers presented Ortiz with a $10,000 check to his foundation, The David Ortiz Childrens Fund. Gonzalez and his wife, Betsy, matched the donation.I dont want to say we take it for granted, but Davids impact in the community and the Dominican Republic is so far-reaching, Farrell added. Hes always there to help people and through the foundation hes impacted so many lives.Ortiz is expected back in the lineup Saturday. Hell play first base.Pedroia was hit by Kazmirs pitch in the shin in the third inning and is day-to-day. X-Rays on his shin were negative.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: Ryan Hanigan was forced to leave Thursday nights game against the Mariners after taking a pitch off his left ankle. For Friday night, he was available only in the case of an emergency. Boston claimed Bryan Holaday off waivers from the Texas Rangers to solidify its catching corps.Dodgers: Ace Clayton Kershaw (back) and outfielder Trayce Thompson (lower back) will both be out until at least September. ... Bud Norris (mid-back strain) will be placed on the disabled list to make room for Ross Stripling, who will start in his place on Saturday.MINOR LEAGUE WATCHDodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig has yet to report to Triple-A Oklahoma City. Roberts said he hadnt reported yet because hes still got some loose ends to tie up, but hell be there. When asked what those were, Roberts said: I dont know. Thats his business, right?UP NEXTRed Sox: LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (2-4, 5.91 ERA) has a 2.63 ERA in four starts since being recalled from Triple-A Pawtucket on July 16.Dodgers: RHP Ross Stripling (2-3, 4.14 ERA) gets his first start since May 19. He had a 1.54 ERA in four appearances as a reliever since and has also made five starts and one relief appearance in Triple-A. NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys ' ' '
Share: