Louisville: The Cardinals head east on I-64 to face Marshall, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 8 '18
Match factsNovember 24-28, 2016 Start time 1400 local (0330 GMT)Big PictureRemember back in April, when South Africas players were reluctant to accept a day-night Adelaide Test? It could be a series decider, they said, and there could be a No. Authentic Orioles Jerseys .1 ranking on the line. What quaint, innocent times they were. This series was decided when Australia capitulated in Hobart, and indeed there is a Test ranking up for grabs for the winner of this match, but it is No.4. Still, what both teams wouldnt have given for the pink-ball day-night factor to be the primary focus of this past week. Instead, all anyone has cared about is what South Africas captain sucked in Hobart, and why Australia sucked in Hobart. As for the day-night Test, both teams will just suck it and see.In the end, for all the argy-bargy - both verbal and physical - around the ball-tampering issue, South Africa will have Faf du Plessis available in Adelaide and may or may not change their XI. As for Australia? They will be unrecognisable - and not just to the public. Three debutants - opener Matt Renshaw and middle-order batsmen Peter Handscomb and Nic Maddinson - have been confirmed. Smith even revealed that prior to this week, he had never so much as set eyes on Renshaw. In his column on Cricket Australias website, Smith wrote of the squad convening in Adelaide: I had to quietly ask a couple of the guys who had met Matt beforehand to make sure they pointed him out to me if he happened to walk past.It is a remarkable situation in which the Australians find themselves. Three debutant batsmen in Australias Test top six is exceptionally rare. It last happened during the World Series Cricket divide, and before that in 1946 in the first Test following a six-year hiatus due to World War II. But to find the last occasion that was not caused by external circumstances we must go all the way back to 1936 and Don Bradmans first Test as captain. Even that instance is debatable - it occurred only when the batting order was tweaked in the second innings. Not since 1924 and the shared debut of Bill Ponsford, Victor Richardson and Arthur Richardson has it happened in the first innings.All of this just highlights how extraordinary Australias selection sweep has been this week. South Africas week, too, has been far from normal. But now the focus can shift to the pink-ball day-night Test, the third in the games history. Should South Africa win, they will move to No.4 on the Test rankings and Australia - No.1 earlier this year - will fall to fifth. Then there is the small matter of a possible clean sweep: never in Australias history have they lost every Test of a home series of three or more matches. Never has a dead rubber felt so alive.Form guide(last five completed matches, most recent first) ? Australia: LLLLL South Africa: WWWDWIn the spotlightOne of the most debatable of Australias selection decisions this week was the axing of Peter Nevill, considered the countrys best gloveman and a batsman who had fought in vain for a draw in Perth, and the recall of Matthew Wade. Australias selectors believe that Wades wicketkeeping has improved since he last played a Test in March 2013 and his batting record - two fighting centuries in a 12-Test career - is encouraging. But it also appears that Wades yappy nature behind the stumps is a desired trait, and that Nevill was simply perceived as too quiet. It is also worth noting that Wade is colour blind, yet has been called up for a day-night Test. However, this may be less of a problem than some people think: in his four day-night Sheffield Shield games, Wade has scored 55, 30, 41*, 78 and 26.The leading run scorer in the series, Quinton de Kock has been a constant barrier between Australias bowlers and their hopes of running through the South African lower order. He has piled up 252 at 84.00 from just three Test innings on this trip, and clearly has no problems against the pink ball, having blasted 122 against a Cricket Australia XI in the day-night warm-up game before the first Test. In fact, such has been de Kocks consistency in recent times that if he reaches a half-century in his first innigs in Adelaide, he will join Jacques Kallis and Alan Melville as the only South Africans in history to have passed fifty in six consecutive Test innings.Team newsAustralia confirmed their XI on the eve of the match, with Chadd Sayers named 12th man and Jackson Bird included. It means five changes from their Hobart XI: Matt Renshaw, Peter Handscomb, Nic Maddinson, Matthew Wade and Bird have come in at the expense of Joe Burns, Adam Voges, Callum Ferguson, Peter Nevill and Joe Mennie.Australia 1 David Warner, 2 Matt Renshaw, 3 Usman Khawaja, 4 Steven Smith (capt), 5 Peter Handscomb, 6 Nic Maddinson, 7 Matthew Wade (wk), 8 Mitchell Starc, 9 Josh Hazlewood, 10 Nathan Lyon, 11 Jackson Bird.There is a school of thought that Tabraiz Shamsi, the left-arm wrist-spinner, might come in for this Test due to the difficulty for batsmen in seeing the seam on the pink ball, and therefore picking a wrist-spinners variations.South Africa (possible) 1 Stephen Cook, 2 Dean Elgar, 3 Hashim Amla, 4 JP Duminy, 5 Faf du Plessis (capt), 6 Temba Bavuma, 7 Quinton de Kock (wk), 8 Vernon Philander, 9 Kyle Abbott, 10 Kagiso Rabada, 11 Keshav Maharaj / Tabraiz Shamsi.Pitch and conditionsAn extra two millimetres of grass will be shaved off the Adelaide Oval pitch this year compared to last years inaugural day-night Test in an effort to even up the contest between bat and ball. Still, there should be plenty of seam movement and batsmen will need to work hard both against the new ball, and during the dusk period when the lights first come on. No rain is anticipated over the course of the match.Stats and triviaThis will be Steven Smiths 17th Test as captain, and will take his tally to 28 players used in those Tests. By comparison, Steve Waugh used only 28 players in his entire 57-Test captaincy careerThis will be the 12th consecutive Test in which Australia have used a different XI from their previous matchLast time a team whitewashed Australia in Australia was 1887, when England did it in a two-Test series. It has never happened in a series of three or more TestsPeter Handscomb is the leading run scorer in day-night Sheffield Shield games, with 480 at 60.00. His record at Adelaide Oval is also extremely strong: 479 first-class runs at 68.42QuotesVery important. You want to be part of creating history. Weve played some really good cricket and weve got something going. I dont know how many pink-ball Tests will be played. This could be our first or last. Faf du Plessis, South Africas stand-in captain, on the importance of the match Discount Orioles Jerseys . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. Jim Palmer Jersey . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. http://www.cheaporiolesjerseyschina.com/mark-trumbo-jersey/ . The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona. LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson shrugged off chants of Heisman! Heisman! from Cardinals fans and seemed satisfied knowing he had played a role in one of the programs biggest wins.A very big role worthy of all the adulation.Jackson ran for four touchdowns and threw for another as No. 10 Louisville poured it on for a 63-20 victory on Saturday, the most points ever allowed by Florida State.His performance helped Cardinals establish themselves as a title contender in the Atlantic Coast Conference -- and the national crown -- by dismantling the second-ranked Seminoles in one of the worst defeats in FSU history.What was billed as an ACC showdown quickly turned into a rout. And after blowing second-half leads against Florida State the past two years, Louisville kept the pressure on.Jackson ran for 146 yards and four TDs and passed for 216 yards and a score to lead the Cardinals (3-0, 2-0 ACC).The quarterbacks performance raised his season TD total to 18 and drew high praise from none other than NFL free agent Michael Vick, a dual-threat QB himself not long ago at Virginia Tech.Vick tweeted, Lamar Jackson 5x better than what I was at V-Tech....Enough said!! (hash)futureJackson was flattered but took it in stride, I guess its just helping us win, you know? I dont really look at that.Louisville coach Bobby Petrino talked about his quarterbacks poise.Im just proud of how he prepared for the game, how he was able to stay calm, he said. He was able to focus and concentrate.Jackson wasnt the only star in Louisvilles domination.Louisvilles defense chipped in with five sacks. The Cardinals also held FSU (2-1, 0-1) to 284 yards and forced two turnovers. The Seminoles only bright spot was 10 straight points to get within 14-10 before Jackson took over.Florida State scored another 10 points late and avoided its worst loss ever.Give credit to Louisville, they did a great job, FSU coach Jimbo Fisher said. You dont play with fire and let teams get ahead of you.Jaire Alexander contributed two 60-yard punt returns -- including a 69-yarder for a TD -- and a fumble recovery leading to another Louisville score. Brandon Radcliff rushed for 118 yards and a score and Jeremy Smith ran for two TDs.Jackson added to his collection of highlights as he faked one defender and spun off another en route to his final TD run of 47 yards. It followed his interception on the previous series, one sign that he is human. Chris Davis Jersey. I told my team I owed them four touchdowns, he said. I was like, Im determined to score right here.THE TAKEAWAYFlorida State: The Seminoles seemed out of synch on both sides of the ball but especially defensively, possibly due to the absence of injured defensive back Derwin James . Without him available as a spy, FSU appeared helpless in its efforts to contain Jackson. Dalvin Cook wasnt a factor in rushing for 54 yards on 16 carries.Louisville: The Cardinals seized their moment on the national stage by stepping on the gas instead of wilting in the second half. With so many players stepping up to help Jackson is an encouraging sign as Louisville looks to keep opponents from keying on him.CONCENTRATIONA pause followed Florida States Tarvarus McFaddens apparent breakup of a right sideline pass for James Quick. But the Cardinals senior stayed with the ball, controlling it between his knees and running 44 yards to FSUs 2 to set up a Jackson 1-yard TD run. When I looked down I saw the ball and said I gotta run, Quick said.ALI TRIBUTELouisville paid tribute to late heavyweight champion and hometown hero Muhammad Ali. The Cardinals red chrome helmets featured a white butterfly sticker with Ali in the middle; The Greatests daughter, Laila, was ESPNs celebrity picker; and the school presented Alis family with a framed No. 75 jersey honoring his community service initiative.POLL IMPLICATIONSFlorida State: The Seminoles were never in the game after their first TD and will fall in the Top 25, the question is how far. They had hoped to establish themselves as division favorites and national contenders in the game.Louisville: This was a signature win for the program and now its just a matter of how far the Cardinals will jump in the Top 25 after positioning themselves to contend for a playoff spot.UP NEXT:Florida State: The Seminoles stay on the road and will visit South Florida, seeking redemption along with their third win in four meetings against the Bulls.Louisville: The Cardinals head east on I-64 to face Marshall, looking to end a four-game losing streak against the Thundering Herd.----AP college football website: collegefootball.ap.org Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys White Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts From China ' ' '
Share: