There is no better workout on the planet. Week | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Nov 15 '17
GREEN BAY, Wis. Chris Mullin Team USA Jersey . -- Eddie Lacy is back after another concussion, and he is pondering a couple of changes. The bruising Green Bay Packers running back returned to practice Thursday as a full participant after getting knocked out of last weeks loss to Seattle in the season opener. He appears ready to assume his normal workload in Sundays home opener against the New York Jets. It was Lacys second concussion in nearly a year, enough to get him thinking about adjusting his running style. "Somehow Ill have to figure out a way to change the way I run, but still keep the physical part of it," Lacy said. "Its not really something Im trying to change as of now. I guess as I get older I will figure out how it goes." The second change appears to be more immediate. Starting in training camp, Lacy had been wearing a new helmet designed to better safeguard against concussions. "Thats what we all thought," Lacy said. Hes switching to his old helmet on Friday. "I tried it out, and I think Ill go back," Lacy said. The 2013 Offensive Rookie of the Year said he never had a concussion before suffering one against the Redskins on Sept. 15, 2013. But the aftereffects from that concussion, which he absorbed while wearing his old helmet, were apparently worse. "I actually remember nothing when I got hit last year," Lacy said. "But on this one I know everything that happened on that play and the play after and all the way until today. It was nowhere near as bad as last year." The latest concussion occurred after getting hit by safety Kam Chancellor. Lacy said he isnt sure whether the new helmet may have limited the severity of his latest concussion, because he didnt suffer a second concussion wearing his old helmet. Whichever helmet he uses, and whenever he tweaks his running style, Lacy doesnt seem too worried right now about the long term. He sported his usual, easygoing attitude after practice. "You cross that bridge when you get there. Some guys it happened to, some guys come out perfectly fine no matter how many concussions they had," he said. "You dont know what the future holds, so Im not worried about it." Lacy was held to 34 yards on 12 carries against the tough Seahawks defence in last weeks 36-16 loss. He won the Offensive Rookie of the Year award last season after rushing for 11 touchdowns and more than 1,100 yards. Green Bay last played on Sept. 4, so Lacy had a few extra days to rest after getting the weekend off. After sitting out Wednesdays practice, Lacy resumed normal activities on Thursday. He pronounced himself ready if coach Mike McCarthy decides to give him 25 carries. Running back coach Sam Gash will leave it up to Lacy on whether he wants to tweak his style. "Hes a physical guy. I dont get into him changing what hes doing. Hes been successful in the NFL and hes going to continue to do what makes him successful," Gash said. "If thats him feeling like he needs to change, thats what we would obviously talk about." Starting right tackle Bryan Bulaga, who hurt his left knee against Seattle, also practiced for a second straight day on a limited basis, as did tight end Brandon Bostick, who is coming back from a leg injury. Patrick Ewing USA Jersey . The 41-year-old Northern Irishman has proved a perfect fit at Liverpool since taking over from Kenny Dalglish in the summer of 2012 and steered the team to an unexpected title challenge in the Premier League last season. James Harden Team USA Jersey .com) - The Minnesota Twins made it official on Wednesday, announcing the signing of outfielder Torii Hunter to a one-year contract.There is a list right now that is at least five fighters long. All injured. These fighters suffered mostly knee injuries and all of these ailments are bad news for fight fans. Chris Weidman, Georges St. Pierre, and Tarec Saffiedine top the list and for St. Pierre, its the second time with this particular injury. This is the toughest sport on the planet. Tell me another sport where the practice claims as many injuries as the game itself. Honestly I have never worked with an athlete who can get back into training within two weeks of a fight. Ok, thats a lie, Ive had a few fighters get first round KOs. If the fight goes one round, the fighter is going to miss two weeks at least. The whole point of me writing about the training is to bring about a change in the fans perspective of what goes into a fight, for example the lead up is intense. As my seventh week goes in the books, I needed the support over at Elite Performance. I dont want to diet anymore and I dont want to push hard. 500 feet on the Jacobs ladder, five sets of five minute long foot touches on a tall box with a minute rest and speed skipping are all grinding on me.  Add that to the fact that Im only hitting a heavy bag or working with the Nexersys for striking, Im not sparring or rolling with anyone. MMA fighters are impressive for making it through a camp. So as Jeff Fisher gently encourages me to get through my bike sprints with 1100% effort, or go train somewhere else if I want to take it easy, I think about guys who train so hard they get injured. Christian Laettner Team USA Jersey. The guys who dig down deep, do the physical conditioning, then go full throttle spar.  Then after all of that, go into a cage and fight for 15 to 25 minutes. As they compete, if the action slows because two great fighters find themselves in a ground game stalemate, the crowd boos. That infuriates me. Id love every fan to get to the seventh, eighth, ninth or any week of a training camp. Eat the food, drink the water, sweat, and put in the hours. Then grapple with even just an average level jujitsu player. Once you get pinned, and you grab on for dear life, think about how boring it is to be there. The game, and what people who understand MMA love is the chess match. Its the preparation that went into that moment when two amazing athletes find themselves in a tie. The training, the work, and the injuries are what make MMA an amazing sport. Go put your time in. Change your health, fitness and your view of whats really going on in that cage. If you have tried CrossFit, go spend some time kickboxing, or better, try jujitsu. There is no better workout on the planet. Week 7 is in the books and the lesson learned is really how tough this is on the body. Im not even competing. Shout out to Dan Henderson at 40+ to be doing this and knocking people out. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: