seven games against the Cubs and is 3-2 with a 2.27 ERA.Cubs: RHP Jason Hammel | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 15 '17
CLEVELAND -- The Miami Marlins are reeling and the Cleveland Indians are dealing. Air Max 97 Silver Italia . On Sunday afternoon at Progressive Field, they will meet for the final game of their three-game series.In winning the first two games of the series, the Indians have outscored the Marlins 14-5. Clevelands two starting pitchers -- Carlos Carrasco and Trevor Bauer -- combined for a 1.72 ERA in the two games.In Clevelands 8-3 win on Saturday, Bauer gave up three runs and three hits in the first inning and no runs and no hits in the next seven innings, facing the minimum 21 batters.That was really impressive, Indians manager Terry Francona said of Bauer. You look up in the first inning and think we might be into our bullpen early, and then he (Bauer) pitches into the ninth.Its September, the Indians are in first place, and they are hot. Theyve won five games in a row, and the win Saturday pushed them to a season-high 22 games above .500 (78-56). In the American League Central race, the Indians lead over second-place Detroit is up to 5 1/2 games.The Marlins, meanwhile, are going in the opposite direction. Theyve lost seven of their last eight games and are 1-5 in the first six games of this seven-game trip to New York, where they played the Mets and Cleveland.The Marlins are trying to stay in the hunt for a wild-card berth in the National League, but the losses are starting to pile up.Saturdays loss dropped the Marlins record to 68-68. Its the first time they have been at .500 since they were 12-12 on May 1. They have lost 12 of their last 18 road games, dating to Aug. 1, and the Marlins have been held to three or fewer runs in 10 of their last 13 games. Their record in those 10 games is 2-8.Im not concerned with the guys mindset, but I am concerned with the results, Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. Were at the point where we have to win every game. The guys are playing hard. They have all year. But weve got to get it going again.The Marlins will try to get it turned around Sunday. The pitching matchup will be Clevelands Danny Salazar (11-6, 3.88 ERA) against Miamis Tom Koehler (9-10, 4.02).Salazar, who was selected to the American League All-Star team, was glad to see the end of August. In four starts in August, he was 0-3 with a 12.41 ERA. However, his last start in August was a good one, even though he was the losing pitcher in a 2-1 loss to Texas. In that game, Salazar pitched 5 1/3 innings, allowing two runs and five hits with 10 strikeouts and two walks. This will be his first career appearance against the Marlins.Koehlers last win came Aug. 9. In four starts since then, he is 0-2 with a 5.09 ERA. This will be Koehlers first career appearance against the Indians. Air Max 90 2018 . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. Nike Air Max 90 Essential Bianche Uomo .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. http://www.2018airmax97.it/nike-air-max-97-undefeated.html . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. ST. LOUIS -- Kyle Hendricks was so good Monday night he even surprised himself.The right-hander took a no-hitter into the ninth inning before giving up Jeremy Hazelbakers leadoff home run, and the Chicago Cubs beat the St. Louis Cardinals 4-1 to close in on the NL Central crown.I never thought Id get that close to one, Hendricks said. A guy who throws to contact and doesnt throw hard, you dont think about it. You can run into one of those special days and you think, why not?My pregame bullpen was probably the worst Ive had all year. Hopefully it clicks once the game starts, and it did.All the way until the ninth inning.Hazelbaker drove an 0-2 pitch into the right-field stands for his 12th homer before Hendricks (15-7), the major league ERA leader at 2.03, was relieved by Aroldis Chapman.If youre going to give it up, at least its that way and not a cheap hit, Hendricks said. I just left the ball up and he got it. It was just a changeup and I wanted to throw it in the dirt and get him to chase.Hazelbaker was looking for a changeup.I wasnt surprised by it, he said. Hed been throwing that pitch all night. It was a good pitch he threw me. I was able to handle it like I wanted to.Ben Zobrist and Dexter Fowler homered for the Cubs, who lowered their magic number to three for clinching the division crown. They lead the second-place Cardinals by 17 games and can wrap up the NL Central with a three-game sweep in St. Louis.The Cardinals remained a half-game behind the Mets for the leagues second wild card. New York lost 8-1 at Washington.Soon after Hazelbakers shot cleared the fence, teammates went to the mound to talk to Hendricks -- leading to an animated argument between Cubs manager Joe Maddon and plate umpire Joe West.Maddon was ejected for the third time this season, and Chapman entered to finish the one-hitter. He got three outs for his 14th save with Chicago, and is 34 for 37 overall this year with the Cubs and Yankees.After the pitching change, Maddon argued some more with West before leaving.It was a misinterpretation there, Maddon said. We needed more time there. I needed the catcher to go to the mound. We were denied. I made my stand.I truly believe I was proper in that, but this is not about that. This is Kyles night.Hendricks, who threw 96 pitches, struck out seven and walked two.Pretty special night all around, he said. It was fun, man.It was the fourth no-hit bid broken up in the ninth inning this season. Cubs teammate Jaake Arrieta tossed the lone no-hitter in the majors this year, winning 16-0 at Cincinnati on April 21. Nike Air Vapormax Flyknit Donna. Hendricks got some help from his defense, especially in the sixth.Cubs shortstop Addison Russell, deep in the hole, went to his knees on the outfield grass for a sliding stop of Jhonny Peraltas sharp grounder and made a strong throw to first.Right fielder Jason Heyward then reached into the stands to catch Hazelbakers foul fly, practically wrestling with a fan in a Cardinals jersey for the ball.He was unbelievably great, Maddon said about Hendricks. Unfortunately, he didnt get the no-hitter. They didnt have good swings against him all night. He was in charge the entire game. It was a spectacular performance. Kyle was the star.Hendricks control made him tough to hit, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said.He was pushing the corners all day long and hes been doing that most of the season and didnt give us a whole lot, Matheny said.Mike Leake (9-10) pitched six innings before being lifted for a pinch hitter. Leake, making his second start since a stint on the disabled list due to shingles, allowed six hits and four runs (three earned).Anthony Rizzo had an RBI single for the Cubs.The last time the Cubs won a division title was 2008. They did it by beating St. Louis on Sept. 20 at Wrigley Field.TRAINERS ROOMCardinals: RHP Michael Wacha (right shoulder) threw batting practice to Brayan Pena, Jose Martinez and Alberto Rosario. Wacha said he hopes to come off the disabled list Wednesday. ... LF Matt Holliday took batting practice on the field for the first time since breaking his right thumb Aug. 11 against the Cubs. ... Cardinals closer Seung Hwan Oh, who has 17 saves and a 1.87 ERA, was unavailable Saturday and Sunday against Milwaukee because of a sore groin. Speaking through translator Eugene Koo, the reliever said he would not be available Monday but should be Tuesday.UP NEXTCardinals: LHP Jaime Garcia (10-12, 4.58 ERA) makes his 29th start of the season Tuesday night, his most since 2011 when he made 32. He has started seven games against the Cubs and is 3-2 with a 2.27 ERA.Cubs: RHP Jason Hammel (14-8, 3.50) allowed nine runs -- eight earned -- and a career-high 13 hits over 5 2/3 innings in a 12-5 loss at Milwaukee last time out. He is 4-4 with a 4.80 ERA in 10 starts against the Cardinals. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: