other people are picking up on the protest and speaking out about it, from high school to activists to pro athletes | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 15 '17
MANCHESTER, England -- Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho rose from his chair and was about to leave the post-match news conference when he turned to his audience, threw his arms up and said: Finally, Ive lost to Arsenal. Basket Vans Old School .It was a tongue-in-cheek remark from Mourinho but it summed up his feelings perfectly. United conceded an 89th-minute goal by Olivier Giroud to draw 1-1 with Arsenal in the English Premier League on Saturday, leaving Mourinhos side with an increasingly familiar deflated feeling at Old Trafford this season.United has dominated its last three home games in the league -- against Stoke, Burnley and now Arsenal -- and come away with draws from all of them.We all know internally, Mourinho said, that in this moment we are the unlucky team in the Premier League.Girouds superb header, from fellow substitute Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains right cross, was Arsenals only attempt on target in a match that United controlled at Old Trafford. United did the same against Burnley last time it played at Old Trafford, having 37 attempts on goal but drawing 0-0.Mourinho is cutting a frustrated figure at United, which remains a work in progress in his first season in charge. But he now hasnt lost in 12 Premier League meetings with Arsenal across two spells with Chelsea and one game with United, and stretched his unbeaten run in competitive meetings with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger -- his bitter coaching rival -- to 14 matches.It was a flat and all-too-familiar performance at Old Trafford by Arsenal, who hasnt beaten United away in the league since September 2006 and fell behind to Juan Matas 68th-minute goal. The Spain playmaker met a right-wing cut-back by Ander Herrera with a low, first-time shot into the corner for his fourth goal of the season.Mourinho was heading for his most important victory since arriving at United, only for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to sprint past Marcus Rashford, reach the byline and cross for his fellow substitute Giroud to head home at the far post.We had not our usual style going forward. We were not sharp or fluent enough, said Wenger, who suggested that Arsenal might have a mental block when it plays at Old Trafford.Giroud is starting to make a serious claim for a starting place now he is fully fit following a delayed start to the season after the European Championship. The France striker, who has lost his place to Alexis Sanchez as Arsenals lone striker, scored two goals off the bench in the last away game at Sunderland.He is a bit frustrated, Wenger said. That is normal. He is ready to go again.This fixture has provided plenty of drama down the years but there was little to get the crowd excited about here, with the teams decision to field two defensive midfielders stifling much of the attacking play.United had the better of the game, but only created half chances until Matas goal.His future at United looked bleak after Mourinho was hired by United, with the Portuguese coach having sold Mata to United in January 2014 when both were at Chelsea. Mourinho then left the Spaniard distinctly unimpressed by substituting him in the Community Shield in August, soon after bringing him on as a substitute.But Mata appears to be a central figure in Mourinhos plans at United, and was given a standing ovation when he was substituted in the 85th minute. Vans Old Skool Rose Femme .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. Air Max 97 Undefeated Blanche . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. http://www.chaussurevanspascher.fr/ . However, he did make them miss him a little less. Cundiff, who had the unenviable job of replacing Dawson last season, agreed Thursday to a one-year, $1. SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- With quarterback Colin Kaepernick set to appear on the cover of Time magazine, San Francisco 49ers coach Chip Kelly spoke for the first time at length Thursday about why he believes what Kaepernick is doing is important.Previously Kelly had mostly stuck to saying that he and the team respected Kaepernicks right to speak his mind, but with Kaepernicks protest of racial inequality and oppression in the United States picking up momentum across the league and the country, Kelly offered further support.I think its an issue -- you look at whats gone on in Tulsa and Charlotte the last two nights -- its an issue thats at the forefront of our country and it needs to be addressed and needs to be taken care of because whats going on is not right, Kelly said. I think, again, hes shedding light on a situation that is heinous and shouldnt happen in this country. We all have inalienable rights as a citizen of this country and theyre being violated, and thats what I think Colin is standing up for.The cover of the Oct. 3 issue of Time reads The Perilous Fight followed by National anthem protests led by Colin Kaepernick are fueling a debate about privilege, pride and patriotism.Kelly also emphasized that Kaepernicks protest has not trickled into his preparation or had an adverse impact on the way he goes about his business when working.When hes here, hes doing football, Kelly said. When were here from 8:15 when we get here in the morning until 5 when we leave, hes at every meeting, hes done everything, there hasnt been anything. Vans Sk8 Hi Slim Noir. Hey, Coach I need time because Ive got this going on -- he hasnt done that. He understands what his job is and hes balanced it really well, and I think hes managed it really well. Hes focused, hes dialed in when were at practice.Asked whether he thought it was appropriate for Kaepernick to speak about social issues after a game, Kelly said he doesnt mind.When hes asked a question, I think he should answer what his feelings are on those questions, Kelly said. If you dont think thats the thing then maybe you shouldnt ask him those questions.On Tuesday, Kaepernick revealed that hes received death threats via multiple avenues and said anyone acting on such threats would only be proving his point. He also said he will donate $100,000 per week for the next 10 weeks to organizations focused on helping communities in need.Kaepernick said he has been encouraged by the amount of support hes received from other athletes and people around the country.I think other people are picking up on the protest and speaking out about it, from high school to activists to pro athletes, Kaepernick said. I think its huge and I think the more conversation continues between those communities, more and more solutions will come up on how to fix this and the best way to fix it as quickly as possible. I think thats important and ultimately the goal. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: