from 7 feet Monday.I just | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Feb 22 '18
Josh Walters says Leeds Rhinos will have to forget about last years treble success when they travel to Wigan on Friday. Mack Hollins Jersey . The two finalists from last seasons Super League Grand Final meet at the DW Stadium on Friday night, just five months after Leeds 22-20 victory at Old Trafford.Walters, 21, scored the match-winning try that day to complete a historical treble for the Headingley club. However, the Rhinos have started this season in reverse fashion - losing their opening three fixtures before narrowly beating bottom of the league Huddersfield last weekend.Meanwhile, Wigan hold one of only two 100 per cent records remaining in the league this season and Walters admits that his side will be underdogs heading into Fridays match. Shaun Wane, Sam Powell, Matty Smith and Ben Flower speak ahead of Fridays match against Leeds Theres been a lot of casting our minds back to the Grand Final but we are under no illusions that its going to be tough to go there, theyre a really strong side, Walters said.After getting our first win (over Huddersfield), weve got a lot of positive things to work on.But weve got to forget about last year, move on, get our heads down and concentrate on this game. There are a lot of different players and, in a way, weve got to earn the right to talk about what we did last year.Leeds will be without a number of regular first team players for match, including Tom Briscoe, Joel Moon, Ash Handley and Ashton Golding. Leeds are without a number of key players for the match including Tom Briscoe However, Wigan coach Shaun Wane is not underestimating his sides opponents, despite their current injury woes.There are too many good players at Leeds, he said.Im not falling into the trap of looking at their form or league position. Theyve got injuries but so has every Super League team.Leeds are a fantastic team, what they did last year was unbelievable and Ive every respect for them. Phil Clarke looks ahead to this weeks Super League matches Wigan have won all four games in Super League so far this season, including a last gasp 26-25 victory over Hull FC last week. Wane says his side have done well to grind out results in the early stages of the competition.Im very happy with where were at, Wane said.Were finding a way to win these games.We are making hard work of some of them which is uncomfortable for me but were still finding a way to win and thats the positive. To go four from four not playing well and not having the players together that much shows that the team have a good winning mentality.Wigan Warriors: John Bateman, Joe Bretherton, Gregg Burke, Josh Charnley, Tony Clubb, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Oliver Gildart, Nick Gregson, Dom Manfredi, Lee Mossop, Sean OLoughlin, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Matty Smith, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, George Williams.Leeds Rhinos: Mitch Achurch, Jordan Baldwinson, Rob Burrow, Adam Cuthbertson, Beau Falloon, Brett Ferres, Keith Galloway, Mitch Garbutt, Ryan Hall, Ash Handley, Zak Hardaker, Jamie Jones-Buchanan, Jimmy Keinhorst, Jordan Lilley, Anthony Mullally, Brad Singleton, Liam Sutcliffe, Josh Walters, Kallum Watkins.Watch Wigan v Leeds live on Sky Sports 1 HD on Friday from 7.30pm. Catch the match for £6.99 on NOW TV. No contract. Timmy Jernigan Jersey . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. Nick Foles Jersey . Philadelphia is 2-0 against the Senators this season and scored five goals in each victory. The Flyers recorded a 5-0 win in Ottawa on Nov. 12 and then earned a 5-2 home decision on Nov. 19. The Flyers have claimed three straight and four of the last five encounters with the Sens overall and Philly has won two in a row and three of its past four tests in Canadas capital city. http://www.authenticeaglesfootballonline.com/ .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. -- Mackenzie Hughes figured he was down to his last chance to stay alive in a four-man playoff Monday morning in the RSM Classic.The Canadian rookie with pluck and a pure putting stroke poured in an 18-foot par putt from off the 17th green at Sea Island, and that last chance turned into his first PGA Tour victory when the other three players all missed from 10 feet or closer.I made the putt of my life right there, Hughes said.He calmed his nerves and came up clutch in the 42-degree chill, becoming the first PGA Tour rookie in 20 years to go wire-to-wire for his first victory. The final day of a long year on the PGA Tour brought a most unlikely finish.Hughes had a chance to end it Sunday night until his 10-foot birdie putt in the dark on the 18th hole turned away. The next morning, he was the only player who was never on the green at the par-3 17th until his ball was in the cup.Blayne Barber, Henrik Norlander and Camilo Villegas narrowly missed their par putts to extend the playoff.Hughes was watching from off the green, and the prospect of winning became more real with each putt that missed -- first Barber, then Norlander. When Villegas missed his 7-footer, Hughes dropped his putter, turned his back on the green and knocked off his cap as he rubbed his head in disbelief.If I didnt make, I thought I was probably out, Hughes said. Before I hit it, the thought was, Just make them think about it. Put this putt in first, and if you can be the first guy in, put the pressure back on them. And thats what happened.The victory sends the 25-year-old Canadian to the Masters. One of his most vivid golf memories as a kid in Ontario was watching Mike Weir win the green jacket in 2003.He was texting me last night a little bit, Hughes said. Its pretty cool to have a guy like that to lean on for advice.Billy Horschel was eliminated from the five-man playoff on the first extra hole Sunday night when he narrowly missed a birdie putt then shockingly missed a 2-foot putt. Hughes putts so well it was mildly surprising when he missed his 10-foot putt on the second playoff hole.It ate at me a little bit knowing that I had 10 feet to win it, he said. But I came out here to try to clear my mind, tell myself that I have a one-in-four chance. Stefen Wisniewski Jersey. The odds looked worse when his 4-iron bounded over the green and down a steep slope. Making the pitch shot even more difficult was that the pin was 15 feet from the back edge and the green ran quickly away from him. His pitch was a few feet from being perfect, but instead it stopped short of the green.Norlander was in the front bunker, while Barber was left of the green and Villegas was just over the back. Barber and Villegas used putter for their second shots.The last rookie to go wire-to-wire for his first win was Tim Herron at the 1996 Honda Classic. Hughes started this week with a 61, and he led after every round until he was posing with tournament host Davis Love III with the trophy.Hughes, who closed with a 69 and finished at 17-under 265, capped a memorable fall season.He began his rookie season by playing the final two rounds with Phil Mickelson and tying for 13th at the Safeway Open. Mickelsons caddie Jim Mackay said in a text message Saturday night, I really like his moxie, hes got guts.In his only week off this fall, Hughes and his longtime girlfriend from Kent State, Jenna, were married. They planned a honeymoon in the offseason, and now he gets to plan a schedule that includes Kapalua, Augusta National and the PGA Championship in Charlotte, North Carolina, where he lives.Hughes earned $1.08 million.Villegas and Norlander do not have full PGA Tour cards, and a victory would have changed that. Villegas got into the field as a past champion, while Norlander has no PGA Tour status and received a sponsors exemption.Villegas had made every big putt, from his birdies on the 16th and 17th in regulation to his 6-foot par putt on the 72nd hole to join the playoff to another tough 4-foot putt in the dark Sunday night to stay alive. He missed from 7 feet Monday.I just pushed it a tiny bit, Villegas said. But once again, Im proud of myself. We want to win a golf tournament, so you go with a little bittersweet, but youve got to look at the positive and keep moving forward. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: