CFL struggles to gain attention at times, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Feb 8 '18
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. Giovani Lo Celso Jersey . -- Midfielder Eric Alexander scored his first goal of the season and the New York Red Bulls earned a 2-0 victory over the New England Revolution on Sunday. Peguy Luyindula scored his third goal of the season for the Red Bulls in the 76th minute, a right-footed shot from atop the penalty box. Alexander, who had taken just four shots on goal this season, headed in a cross in the 17th minute from the left wing by Lloyd Sam after New England goalie Bobby Shuttleworth was knocked to the turf in the scramble. Luyindulas goal was his first in 10 matches. The Red Bulls (4-5-6) snapped a four-match (0-3-1) winless streak in which they had allowed 10 goals. New York also snapped a 17-match (11-0-6) winless streak in New England against the Revolution. New York goalie Luis Robles earned his third shutout of the season, spoiling New Englands season-best crowd of 23,950 by making eight saves and foiling five corner kicks. The Revolutions Diego Fagundez launched a shot off the right wing off the far left goal post in the 44th minute. New England (7-5-2) suffered its second straight shutout loss, having its unbeaten streak of five matches (4-0-1) at home end as well. Marquinhos Jersey . The England international raised his middle finger toward Manchester City supporters during Saturdays game at Etihad Stadium, which Arsenal lost 6-3. The incident was not seen by match officials at the time but the FA charged Wilshere retrospectively after a study of video footage. Edinson Cavani Jersey .Y. -- Syracuse guard Trevor Cooney was mired in a shooting slump, and his woes coincided with a late-season swoon by the Orange.For at least three participants in the 101st Grey Cup game, a dream will be realized -- back to back championships. It doesnt matter which team wins. At least three members of last years Toronto Argonauts will become repeat winners. If the hometown Riders prevail, Ricky Foley, Tristan Black and Ejiro Kuale will win another ring. If the visiting Ticats break the hearts of an entire province, Evan McCullough, Brandon Isaac, Joel Reinders, and defensive coordinator Orlondo Steinauer will once again be champions. For Isaac and Kuale, its a particularly sweet opportunity. Isaac was released by the Argos early in the season and quickly signed in Hamilton, while Kuale, who signed with Montreal in the off-season, was let go by the Alouettes before finding his way to Regina in September. Its a chance for both players to end a frustrating season on an incredible high. "Ive thought about it a little bit," Kuale told TSN.ca "Ive talked about it with Ricky and Tristan and its pretty exciting to be in this position again." The fourth-year linebacker/rush end sees an incredible similarity between Torontos run last year to the path the Riders find themselves on right now. "I was talking about it with Foley," said the LSU product. "We had the home playoff game like in Toronto, we had to travel to the East Final, this year we had to travel to the West Final, now weve got the home Grey Cup. The mood feels the same." Isaac also relishes the opportunity to go back to back, and had a great experience at this weeks East Breakfast when he got to revisit an old friend. "I went and looked at the Grey Cup and saw my name on it," said the linebacker. "I told the guys they have the opportunity to put their names on it as well." It would be an incredible way to end a season that started out with his stunning release. "Coming into the season, I prepared myself," said the South Carolina product. "I was named captain, took that to heart, thought it was a big step in my life. It was taken away from me. I was down, frustrated, shocked, upset at myself and upset with others." "Then I got an opportunity to come over here," Isaac continued. "I kept on battling and battling and now Im here at the Grey Cup with the team that gave me the opportunity to play football." Evan McCullough brought versatility to the Ticats when he arrived from the Double Blue, but he didnt bring his Grey Cup ring to Regina. Yuri Berchiche Jersey. Thats safely tucked away back at his home in the United States. The starting defensive halfback told TSN.ca that he hasnt thought about the rare opportunity to win consecutive championships. "I havent because it really hasnt hit me yet," said McCullough "To be a part of the 100th Grey Cup champions and then get a chance to go back for the 101st is awesome, its amazing. A lot of people dont get to experience that, and I get a chance to do that at a young time in my career." Ricky Foley experienced the absolute high last year of winning a championship, doing it for his hometown team in his home stadium, and also playing well enough to be named the games Outstanding Canadian. Since the time he put pen to paper with Saskatchewan, hes thought about the opportunity to accomplish what may occur on Sunday. "I thought about it when I came here," said the native of Courtice, Ontario. "At the same time you dont want to be focused on back-to-back, you want to be focused on executing and playing a good game." Foley left an area of the country where the CFL struggles to gain attention at times, to play in the heartland of the league. He has trouble visualizing what it will be like to run through the tunnel Sunday in front of Rider Nation. "I cant even imagine it," Foley told TSN.ca "Last year was pretty special and its hard to compare to that because I had so much family and friends in the crowd, it was unbelievable. But this is the Mecca of football in Canada. I dont know what to expect, but Im just going to enjoy it." Kuale shares Foleys fondness for the Rider faithful. "I get goosebumps every time I walk out on the field with the team or Im on the sidelines," said a smiling Kuale. "It feels like when I was back at LSU. I felt we had the best fans in the world and thats the way I feel about the Rider fans." Its rare that home teams win a Grey Cup game. Its even more unusual to have a player be on teams that win in consecutive years on their home field. Quarterback Jarious Jackson accomplished the rare feat last year, after winning a ring in 2011 with the BC Lions. Before that, members of the 1946-47 Argos were the last players to win back-to-back championships in front of home fans. The three Riders are hoping they can join that exclusive club. Their former teammates on the Ticats would prefer the feat remains a rarity. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: