Jason Garrett said the decision can be as complex or as simple as the Cowboys want | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 5 '17
CINCINNATI -- Archie Bradley has been good at pitching out of threats lately. Womens Nike Air Max 2018 . With two runners aboard, he couldnt keep one away from Joey Votto, and it cost him a game.Votto extended his post-All Star break surge with a three-run homer off Bradley, and Dan Straily pitched six innings on Friday night, leading the Cincinnati Reds to a 6-2 victory over the slumping Arizona Diamondbacks.The Reds got the better in a matchup of last-place clubs. The Diamondbacks began the day with second-year manager Chip Hale hearing reports that the team had considered changing managers. Arizona has dropped 16 of 20.Hales only comment: I would just say youre never surprised in this game about anything.Votto connected in the first inning off Bradley (3-6), who had a rough time on a hot, humid night. He lasted five innings, walked five and threw only 59 strikes out of 105 pitches.I think theres only one inning out of my last three starts where I went the whole inning out of the windup, Bradley said. Thats a lot of stress, a lot of high-pressure situations.Its the walks. They say if youre going to play with fire, youre eventually going to get burned. Tonight I did. Time after time, I keep putting myself in bad situations.Votto has hit safely in all seven games since the All-Star break, going 12 for 23 with a double, three homers, eight RBI and seven walks.Tucker Barnhart added a solo homer in the sixth off Randall Delgado. Brandon Phillips later singled home a run, extending his hitting streak to 10 games. Zack Cozart had an RBI double in the eighth as the Reds got four walks, a single, a double and a homer off Arizonas young relievers in three innings.There are places where guys without a great amount of experience are getting some experience, Hale said.Straily (5-6) made his fourth straight quality start, settling down after a rough first inning. Jean Segura opened the game with a homer, and Michael Bourn doubled and scored on Welington Castillos sacrifice fly. Straily gave up five hits in six innings.Bradley gave the lead right back with an even worse opening inning. Billy Hamilton singled, Cozart walked, and Votto followed with his 17th homer before the Reds made an out. Cincinnati had three hits, two walks and a hit batter during the inning.Hamilton singled twice and stole three bases off Bradley in the first two innings.The game got heated in the third inning. In his next at-bat following his homer, Segura was plunked in the lower back by Strailys first pitch. Segura motioned toward the mound with his left hand and said something to the pitcher. Plate umpire Carlos Torres got between Segura and catcher Barnhart and restored calm.BIG CHANGEHamilton opened the Reds first with a single and was called out at second base on a steal attempt. A video review showed he got his hand on the base before Seguras tag, and the call was overturned. Hamilton scored on Vottos homer.STATSThe Diamondbacks have won eight of their last 11 against the Reds. They had won five straight at Great American Ball Park before the loss on Friday. ... Bradley had a 1.57 ERA in his four previous road starts. ... It was Seguras fourth career leadoff homer, his third this season. ... Hamilton is 9 for 22 during a five-game hitting streak. His three steals gave him 30 for the season. His career high is 57 last season.TRAINERS ROOMDiamondbacks: RHP Zach Greinke will have a full bullpen session on Saturday and the Diamondbacks will decide whether hes ready to pitch in a simulated game. Greinke has been on the DL since July 3 with a strained left oblique.Reds: RHP Homer Bailey will make another minor league rehab start on Monday and the club will decide if hes ready to be activated. Bailey had Tommy John surgery a year ago.UP NEXTDiamondbacks: LHP Robbie Ray (5-8) pitched seven shutout innings in a win over the Dodgers in his last game. Hes faced the Reds one other time, taking the loss last year while giving up three runs in six innings.Reds: RHP Keyvius Sampson (0-1) makes his first start of the season after seven relief appearances. Hes 2-6 career as a starter with a 6.66 ERA.---Follow Joe Kay on Twitter: http://twitter.com/apjoekay Mens Nike Air Max 2018 . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. Nike Air Max 2018 Mens . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. http://www.2018airmaxshoes.com/ . Vokoun departed practice on Saturday morning after discovering swelling in his thigh. He was taken to a local hospital where the clot was revealed. The club announced the surgery following a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. FRISCO, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones wants everybody to know he believes in rookie quarterback Dak Prescott.Jones comments on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday that a quarterback debate by those outside the organization was a legitimate discussion have been construed by some, including Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman, as a dig at Prescott and a way to set the stage for Tony Romo to return to the field.The last thing Im worried about is the fragileness of our team, our coaches, our players, one of the real qualities of this team is that nobody is fragile, Jones said on Thursday. We completely support Dak as our starting quarterback unequivocally so thats that. And theres no issue there at all. Were very fortunate -- and Ive said that -- that we have depth there.And you certainly have got depth in a big way when you got Tony Romo sitting there and thats not trying to be cute. Its absolutely in our best interest that Dak, who is absolutely playing at a level for a rookie that has probably never been seen, and we want him to be able to use that and some degree of that to help us go all the waay to the Super Bowl. Nike Air Max 2018 Black. arlier Thursday Aikman said on KTCK 1310 AM The Ticket in Dallas he was dumbfounded by Jones comments calling the quarterback debate a legitimate discussion. Aikman said, Im not sure that Tony, if it was left up to the owner, wouldnt be the starter now, just based on the comments that Ive heard in the last couple weeks.Jones said he appreciated Aikmans comments.He might have had sensitivity but Dak doesnt, Jones said. Im serious. I dont mean that negatively. I appreciate him saying it. I respect him. But Dak Prescotts No. 1 quality is that he doesnt get distracted.On Monday, Jason Garrett said the decision can be as complex or as simple as the Cowboys want, but they are going with Prescott. Even with his open-ended comments on Tuesday, Jones agreed.What we are saying here is he is our quarterback, Jones said Thursday. And we are proud of him and want him to continue to do something that no quarterback has ever done. And thats have the success he is having. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: