anuary 17, 2016: United beat Liverpool 1 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Jan 19 '18
As Jose Mourinho becomes Manchester Uniteds new manager, we trace the timeline of events that led to the former Chelsea boss appointment. Nike Air Max Tavas Dames . United appoint Mourinho Jose Mourinho has been confirmed as Manchester Uniteds new manager. December 17, 2015: Mourinho leaves Chelsea by mutual consent. His three league titles, FA Cup, Community Shield and three League Cup wins over two spells make him the most successful manager in our 110-year history, read the official Chelsea statement. But both Jose and the board agreed results have not been good enough this season and believe it is in the best interests of both parties to go our separate ways.December 19, 2015: Manchester United lose a third game in a row, as Norwich secure their first win at Old Trafford in 26 years, sparking speculation in the press that Van Gaal would be sacked. Louis van Gaal asks journalists whether they will apologise to him for the reporting about his future December 23, 2015: Has anybody in this room not a feeling to apologise to me? Thats what I am wondering, says Van Gaal in his pre-Boxing Day press conference. I think I was already sacked, I have read. Or have been sacked. Or that my colleague [Mourinho] was here already. You have to stick by the facts, and when I get calls from Ed Woodward, Sir Alex Ferguson and David Gill, because you are creating something that is not good, that is not the facts, and now I have to answer questions. I dont think I want to do it.December 26, 2015: Manchester United lose for a fourth time in a row. The club doesnt have to fire or sack me - sometimes I do it by myself, offers Van Gaal, before giving his Sky Sports interviewer a long stare.  Van Gaal delivers a glare at his Sky Sports interviewer United captain Wayne Rooney had earlier told Sky Sports: We are working hard, we are fighting with the manager to try and get the results and turn this season around.December 28, 2015: Ahead of Manchester Uniteds home game with Chelsea, Mourinho scarves are on sale outside Old Trafford - but his agent, Jorge Mendes, tells Sky in Italy: Mourinho is now in Brazil. Lets see what will happen when he returns. Jose has to feel comfortable because he is the No 1 in the world.Following a 0-0 draw with Chelsea, Van Gaal says: When the players can give such a performance with this lot of pressure then it is not any reason to resign for me. Inside of the club the players are willing to fight for every metre, the manager is willing to fight, the members of staff are willing to fight and the board is very confident in the staff and the manager so it [the negativity] is not inside Manchester United.January 4, 2016: Manchester United end their eight-game winless run with a 2-1 victory at home to Swansea. I shall think that now the pressure is lowering, the performance shall be better every week, says a relieved Van Gaal. Apparently Mourinho did not like to come [to Real Madrid] at this time of the season. Former Real Madrid president, Ramon Calderon January 6, 2016: Former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon tells Sky Sports News HQ Mourinho was contacted by the club before they made Zinedine Zidane Rafa Benitezs successor at the Bernabeu. Apparently Mourinho did not like to come at this time of the season, he claims.January 17, 2016: United beat Liverpool 1-0 at Anfield, moving within seven points of league leaders Arsenal. Van Gaal says winning the Premier League is not beyond his side. To beat Liverpool is always important. Today it was important because our competitors lost points and when the gap at the top is like this we can overturn that. That is what Im thinking.January 22, 2016: Manchester United deny a report in French newspaper LEquipe that officials from the club held a meeting with Pep Guardiola.January 23, 2016: United lose 1-0 at home to Southampton and newspapers claim Van Gaal offered to resign later that evening - but Sky Sports News HQ reporter James Cooper says no such offer was made.
Share: