he continued. "At the end of the day, Im going to put my staff together | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jan 18 '18
NEW ORLEANS -- The final defendant in the federal drug and sex assault case against disgraced former NFL star Darren Sharper pleaded guilty Friday in a deal that calls for a 17-year prison sentence. Adidas NMD China 2018 .Brandon Licciardi, a former deputy in St. Bernard Parish outside New Orleans, admitted he conspired to distribute drugs with the intent to commit rape. He also will plead guilty to state sex trafficking and rape charges involving the same victims, Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael McMahon said.Former restaurant worker Erik Nunez pleaded guilty this week to the same federal conspiracy charge, seeking a sentence of 10 years or less, and will plead guilty to state charges of sexual battery in an agreement worked out with the New Orleans District Attorney, court documents show.All their sentences would run concurrently under the deals presented to U.S. District Judge Jane Triche Milazzo. Shes expected to rule Oct. 13 after a pre-sentence investigation.Sharper might have spent as little as nine years in prison under his multi-jurisdiction plea deal, but Milazzo rejected that sentence as too lenient. He now faces a possible 15-to-20 years. It remains unclear how much his agreement to testify against his co-defendants will affect his sentencing on Aug. 18.The public image of Sharper, a popular member of the only Saints team to win a Super Bowl, has been shattered by allegations that he drugged and raped as many as 16 women in Arizona, California, Nevada and Louisiana.He had been selected All-Pro six times and chosen for the Pro Bowl five times during a career that included stints with the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings. He played in the Super Bowl with the Packers as a rookie and again with the Saints in 2010.His 14-year career ended the next year and he was working as an NFL network analyst when women began telling police in several cities similar stories, of blacking out while drinking with him and waking up groggy to find they had been sexually abused. Adidas NMD China Online . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. Rose Adidas NMD China 2018 .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.cheapadidasnmdchinastore.com/ . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday.TORONTO - Masai Ujiri could not hide his emotion when he was introduced as the incoming president of basketball operations and general manager of the Toronto Raptors Tuesday morning. Ujiri, 42, met with local media at the Air Canada Centre for the first time since accepting the job four days prior. The NBAs reigning Executive of the Year, formerly with the Denver Nuggets, was at a loss for words facing the realization that hell be returning to Toronto, where he spent time as director of global scouting and assistant GM from 2007-10. "Im overwhelmed," said Ujiri. "I dont even know where to start. I dont have anything written guys, Im going to speak straight from the heart." "Im home. I came home." Sitting to the left of Tim Leiweke, new president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, Ujiri expressed humility and gratitude to be given the opportunity to head up basketball operations in a city he is passionate for but didnt hide from the challenge that is now in front of him. Mired in a five-year playoff drought, the longest in franchise history, the Raptors have failed to live up to recent expectations while struggling to achieve a consistent level of respectability throughout their existence. "Why cant I change it," asked Ujiri, the fifth GM in the franchises embattled 18-year history. "Its our job. Its our job to make it better, its our job to make it good, its our job to create a winning environment and thats why Im here." Leiweke has pursued Ujiri aggressively since the Nuggets granted Toronto permission to meet with their top executive late last month. Terms have not been disclosed but the deal is reported to be in the neighbourhood of $15 million over five years. "This is not an organization that wants to make the playoffs, this is an organization that would like to win championships," Leiweke said. "We understood that we needed fresh new thinking, dynamic thinking and leadership in order to get us to where we want to go to and we clearly understood that wwe have not had the success that the owners, the fans or this team deserves and so we set our sights on bringing in a new leader, a new chemistry and culture for the organization. Red Adidas NMD China. " "When we set our sights, we decided to set our sights high." Ujiri remained tight-lipped in regards to philosophy and player personnel, speaking generally about the organizations goal to build the right way and choosing not to discuss specifics until he has a staff in place. Ed Stefanski, former executive vice president, was relieved of his duties on Saturday along with a number of scouts and several others will be evaluated by Ujiri in the coming days. Head coach Dwane Casey is under contract for one more season and is expected to be kept on, pending further conversation with Ujiri to get on the same page. The elephant in the room was the team president, who was not in the room. According to Leiweke, Bryan Colangelo -- who was stripped of the GM title but kept on in the role of president last month -- was present in Toronto and met with Ujiri this morning, but was not asked to join the two executives on stage. "This was not meant to send a message," Leiweke insisted. "I know theres a lot of controversy and a lot of opinions out there about our reporting structure but theres no confusion from within, this is simple. [Colangelos] going to be there to advise and give input when Masai asks for it." Ujiri thanked Colangelo, one of his mentors, for bringing him to Toronto and giving him an opportunity back in 2007 but firmly denied the prospect of a power struggle with his former boss. "Theres no issue with Bryan Colangelo [and I]," Ujiri said. "Theres no issue. None whatsoever." "Im on the [hot] seat now and Ill take Bryans input when I feel its necessary," he continued. "At the end of the day, Im going to put my staff together and were going to figure this all out collectively but my decisions, like Tim said, basketball decisions are going to be my decisions." Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: