Micah Parsons says he will miss Dan Quinn but is excited for a fresh start under new Cowboys DC Mike Zimmer | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
ymakerpi8d
ymakerpi8d Mar 13
has been in the for three seasons, and he has been one of the small handful of best defensive players in the league in all three of them. Parsons has finished second, second, and third in Defensive Player of the Year voting in his three campaigns, racking up 13.5, 13.5, and 14 sacks while checking in second in the NFL in total pre sures (260, behind only ) and leading the league in pre sure rate during that time.In each Chase Headley Jersey of those three seasons, Parsons' defensive coordinator has been Dan Quinn, whose arrival in Dallas coincided with Parsons', as well as the team's turnaround from being one of the worst defenses in football to one of Cory Spangenberg Jersey the best. In 2024, Parsons will be coached by a new coordinator for the first time.The hired former head coach Mike Zimmer to succeed Quinn, and Parsons has already spoken with a couple of Zimmer's former players about their experience."I'm excited," Parsons said during an appearance on The Stephen A. Smith Show,. " reached out to Ozzie Smith Jersey me, told me how good Zimmer is. talked to me about how good he is. Man, I'm just excited for a fresh start really. "Not that I don't mi s Dan Quinn or won't mi s him, because I love Dan. You know I love Dan -- like an uncle, father, friend. However you want to look at it. Dope dude, wish him all the succe s in Washington, except for against the Dallas Cowboys."As for what he expects from the Zimmer era, Parsons was clear. "I just want to play winning football. I want everybody to be accountable. I want everybody locked in," he said. "What I hear is Zimmer's one of them guys that's gonna have everybody accountable. ... I just want a fresh start. I just want Allen Craig Jersey to change the culture, identity of the Dallas Cowboys and win a championship." Dallas has won 12 games in each of Parsons' three seasons but has yet to make it past the divisional round. The Cowboys were embarra sed (particularly on defense) by the on their home field in the wild card round Rollie Fingers Jersey this year, leading to speculation that the team would make ma sive changes. Instead, Mike McCarthy is returning for a lame duck year, and the defensive staff was only swapped out after Quinn landed a head-coaching position elsewhere. The Cowboys will have to hope that Zimmer's influence on the defense can help push them past the road blocks they have come up against over the past several years.
Share: