Lions reportedly place Taylor Decker on injured reserve rookie Penei Sewell could move to left tackle | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
ymakerpi8d
ymakerpi8d Mar 13
The will reportedly be without their star left tackle for "a month or so." On Saturday, reported that the Lions had placed on injured reserve after he underwent Cam Sample Jersey finger surgery.Decker has been the Lions' starting left tackle for the last five years, and was selected by Detroit with the No. 16 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft out of Ohio State. While he's been a consistent presence on the Lions' offensive front, this is an interesting development, as it opens the door for No. 7 overall pick .Sewell has been the starter at right tackle for the Lions in preseason, but the former left tackle has struggled in this transition. Sewell has been practicing on the left side since Decker suffered his injury, although first-year head coach Dan Campbell has not made an official decision on his replacement. Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock Darius Hodge Jersey drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. Tyler Shelvin Jersey "I'm definitely right tackle (when Decker comes back)," Sewell said, . "I look up to him, he's like a role model to me and that's that."While left tackle is a tough position for a first-year player, it's po sible Sewell could find more succe s at this spot. Either way, Lions general manager Brad Holmes and his development. "I believe that Michael Thomas Jersey he will be ready for Week 1 and I think he's ready now," Holmes said,. "Yeah, I mean, he's going through the normal proce s that a rookie would go through, regardle s of where he's drafted Kevin Huber Jersey . That's a tough position to play out there on that island and he's sat out for a year. So what he's done, and I know it's magnified by what may be a hiccup here or there, but there's so much of the good stuff that's maybe kind of hidden when you really kind of deep-dive the film, little subtle nuances that is going to make a big difference."
Share: