Play at the Cleveland Cavaliers on | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 27 '17
NEW YORK – As the Blue Jays venture into Yankee Stadium for an important three-game series with their foes in pinstripes, there are a number of storylines to latch on to before considering who will take the mound for Toronto on Tuesday night. Toronto Raptors Jerseys . Its the first-place Blue Jays against the team closest to them in the American League East. Toronto enters the series with a four-and-a-half game lead on the Yankees. Its another chance, the second of what will be as many as six, to wave goodbye to New Yorks future Hall of Fame shortstop, Derek Jeter. Here in New York, the dulcet voice of the late, great public address announcer, Bob Sheppard, brings No. 2 to the plate. Jose Reyes is back in New York, too. He made his name over in Queens playing for the Mets. R.A. Dickey is here but wont pitch. He won the Cy Young award two seasons ago on the other side of the city. Oh, and dont forget about the Blue Jays rookies mound opponent on this Tuesday: a rookie himself, technically, the Japanese phenom Masahiro Tanaka, whos dominated the early days of his major league career like he dominated for years back home. Then there is Marcus Stroman. Its strange that this, essentially a homecoming for a young man raised in the Long Island town of Medford, is somewhat lost in the shuffle. Hes the 23-year-old who stunned general manager Alex Anthopoulos, blowing his bubble gum in the middle of his windup. The kid seems born for the spotlight, even if it will shine more brightly on others. "Im usually pretty good with dealing with things like that," Stroman said on Sunday. "I dont let anything get to me or get me overly excited or kind of get me out of my game. Im fine. Im in a good place mentally. I feel good going into it. I have kind of an off-day just to hang out with friends in the city and then it will be Game on Tuesday." Medford is a sleepy town, according to Stroman, more than an hour from New York City. Its closer to the upscale Hamptons, a drive of about 45 minutes. Medford has one high school, Patchogue-Medford High School, which Stroman attended before moving on to college at Duke University. The town will awaken this evening. Many of its inhabitants, in fact, will venture to Yankee Stadium to watch the hometown boy pitch. Stroman has purchased up to 70 tickets for close family and friends. He said hes been told by another 50 or 60 people theyve bought ducats. Hell have a throng of about 130 people here rooting him on. "Anytime you have an opportunity to pitch in front of a bunch of family and friends, its exciting," said Stroman. "I should have a lot of – a bunch of people texting me, bunch of friends from high school, college, a lot of people reaching out to me saying theyre going to be at the game so thats always exciting to pitch in front of people whove been there along the way." Stroman is 3-1 in his first year in the big leagues, 2-1 as a starter. Hes gone six innings in each of his first three starts, losing his last outing against the Twins. In two of those appearances, including the Minnesota defeat, he didnt walk a batter. He has impressed with his fastball. His breaking stuff, particularly his curveball, has baffled opposing hitters. Hes developing his changeup. Hes not developing confidence. He already has it. His coaches brag about it. "I certainly dont see him as a guy whos going to nibble and pitch around guys," said pitching coach Pete Walker. "Hes definitely on the attack. His walks have been down and I would like to think that thats going to continue with him. He certainly trusts his stuff. Theres no doubt about that." Growing up, Stroman went to Yankees games at the old stadium and saw the Mets at Shea. He didnt cheer for either team. He admired players. Like most native New Yorkers, he watched Jeter in awe. On Tuesday night, hell pitch to Jeter. He doesnt know what to expect. "I cant even tell you," said Stroman. "Im sure itll settle in once Im kind of on the mound but Im pretty sure it will be surreal." Serge Ibaka Jersey .com)LeBron clearly likes his Italian sports cars, and thats ok with me, so up next up is the 458 Spider. OG Anunoby Jersey . That was OK with him. He was just happy his team came away with two points. Letestu redirected Jack Johnsons shot from the point with 2:38 left, lifting the Blue Jackets past the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-2 on Monday night.ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks have shown they can beat up on the NBAs weaker teams.This time, they took down one with a more impressive resume.Al Horford scored 21 points, including a huge jumper with just under a minute remaining, and the streaking Hawks won for the 10th time in 11 games with a 93-86 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Monday night.Atlanta had a nine-game winning streak — its longest since 1997 — until Orlando hit a buzzer-beating shot Saturday night for a 100-99 victory.But that run, as impressive as it was, came with a very large asterisk: None of the teams the Hawks beat had a winning record.That wasnt the case with the Bulls, who came in with three straight wins and just behind Atlanta in the Eastern Conference standings.Each night we want to have the same expectations, the same standards, no matter who were playing, Atlanta coach Mike Budenholzer said. But its always good to be tested by some of the teams were going to be playing now.The Hawks led most of the way, yet never by more than 10 points. After Taj Gibsons dunk with 1:13 remaining brought the Bulls to 87-84, Horford got loose for a 19-footer on the wing and knocked it down.It was about time, Horford said with a smile. I missed a few of them around the elbow area that I normally make. They kept going in and out, in and out. Percentages, I guess. I was due to hit one. It was a big shot for us.Pau Gasol put back his own miss to make it 89-86 with 23.7 seconds left, giving the Bulls one more chance. Jimmy Butler made a huge defensive play, leaping high in the air to stuff an attempted crosscourt pass from Kyle Korver, who had a couple of teammates wide open near the basket. The Atlanta player recovered from his miscue, getting his hands on the ball, too, as both players tumbled to the court to force a jump ball.Even though Butler won the tip, Paul Millsap swooped in to snatch the ball away for Atlanta.The Hawkks sealed the victory at the foul line, ending Chicagos three-game winning streak. Custom Toronto Raptors Jerseys. The Bulls had won six straight over the Hawks, including a sweep of all four games last season.Millsap added 17 points for Atlanta.Butler led Chicago with 22 and Gibson added 15, but Derrick Rose was held to 14 points on 6-of-21 shooting. The Hawks focused on keeping the Bulls star from penetrating the lane, forcing him to settle for jumpers.It wasnt his night.Shots I normally hit, tonight they were flat, Rose said. I just didnt have any lift to them. I guarantee you next game that wont happen.___TIP INSBulls: Joakim Noah sat out his fourth straight game with an injured right ankle. ... Rose missed his first five shots. He finally made the scoresheet on a drive with 7:09 left in the second quarter. ... The Bulls had won their last six games against the Hawks by an average of 15.8 points. ... The teams meet two more times this season, both in Chicago.Hawks: Atlanta had to go without backup centre Pero Antic, who was sidelined with flu-like symptoms. ... With Antic out, 35-year-old Elton Brand was one of the first guys off the bench. He had eight points and two rebounds in 13 1/2 minutes. ... DeMarre Carroll picked up a technical foul early in the second quarter for griping about a foul call while defending the baseline. ... The Hawks had 26 assists, the 22nd time in 24 games theyve dished out at least 20.QUOTABLEWe put ourselves in the hole. We should have had the lead a long time ago. Dont get me wrong, theyre a great team. But we should have made sure we came out a little more aggressive at the beginning of the game. — Rose on the Hawks, who grabbed the lead for good with 6:53 left in the opening quarter.UP NEXTBulls: Host the New York Knicks on Thursday.Hawks: Play at the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday.___Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 ;Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: