ther 10 medals, 15 medals, but life is | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Jan 2 '18
As the final note of her floor music played inside Rios Olympic Arena, Aly Raisman clutched her chest, tears rolled down her cheeks and pride filled her eyes. Cheap Air Max 95 . The emotion of the moment, of all that had gone into fulfilling her dream of returning to the Olympics and having another shot at an all-around medal -- a dream she shared with her longtime coach Mihai Brestyan but rarely anyone else -- overwhelmed her.It was very special, Raisman said. Its a moment you only dream of in your wildest dreams. The crowd was screaming and yelling, and I finally did it. I was so proud.Raismans tearful exit from the floor was a beautifully rare moment in the stoic sport of gymnastics, and few who witnessed it firsthand will likely soon forget. Two years ago, when Raisman made the decision to return to gymnastics, she couldnt imagine herself competing in the all-around in Rio. Back then she was just trying to convince her detractors -- and herself -- that she and Gabby Douglas werent crazy for trying to make a second Olympic team after taking a year off from the sport. In those years, routines had become more difficult, and a young gymnast from Texas named Simone Biles had bounded onto the scene. Besides, Raisman would be 22 in Rio. Didnt she know thats ancient in the sport of gymnastics?I feel like Im better now than I was in 2012, Raisman said Thursday after taking silver in the all-around. Im very proud of that. Its obviously not something people expected or thats easy to do after taking a year off and being the Grandma, as everyone likes to call me. Im happy I proved everyone wrong.In the lead-up to 2012, as in 2016, few expected Raisman to qualify for the all-around. Back then, reigning world champion Jordyn Wieber was favored to win, and Douglas was hot off a win at trials, but it was Raisman who finished first in qualification. She and Douglas took the top two spots for Team USA, and Douglas, of course, went onto win. But forgotten in the celebration of Douglas success is Raismans heartbreak. In the final rotation, Raisman made a mistake on beam and tied Russias Aliya Mustafina for third. She lost the bronze medal to Mustafina on a tiebreak.She has had four years to think about that day.It was heartbreaking and devastating. But everything happens for a reason, Raisman said, lifting her silver medal to show a crowd of reporters. I didnt know the reason until now.Is this redemption? a reporter asked.Yes, she said. Yes. Yes. Yes.If there was a moment Thursday night when Raismans redemption didnt seem a sure thing, it was after the second rotation. Raisman and Biles headed to beam in fourth and second places, respectively.Raisman thought back to 2012 and the beam routine that cost her a medal, to the philosophy she and Biles share to break the beam and land each skill with aggression, confidence and belief, to the thousands of routines she had done in the gym and why shed sacrificed so much to get back to this moment. She had a redo in Rio, and she wasnt about to waste it. She wasnt going to allow a ruling to decide if she took silver; tonight, and with this beam routine, she was going to put enough distance between herself and Mustafina to win the silver outright.I made myself a little angry before beam, Raisman said. Thats the best way to do beam. Its important to fuel yourself with some devastating things, but I also realized that if I daydream about doing well and having this silver medal, its more motivating than focusing on the negatives. So I learned to focus on the positive.She didnt have to look far to find the silver lining in her silver medal. In a world in which Simone Biles competes, Raisman said taking silver felt like winning gold. I know I cant beat her, so were not competitive with each other, she said. Were lucky we have each other. We kept hugging and saying we love each other. Its so nerve-wracking. Sometimes you just need a little love.With her win, Biles cements her legacy as the greatest of all time, but Raismans name should be included on the lists of the best ever, if not for her Olympic medal haul then for her consistency, difficulty level and longevity in a sport in which that word is rarely uttered. That her teammates call her Grandma is less an indictment than recognition of her rarity.I think I was more proud of Aly getting silver than me gold, Biles said. Shes worked so incredibly hard during her comeback. Shes one of my role models, and I dont think theres anyone Id rather share the podium with. Im more happy for her than I am myself.After the medal ceremony Thursday, U.S. team coordinator Martha Karolyi called Raisman one of her favorite gymnasts of all time. Because she is very talented, but more it is her dedication, hard work and willingness to sacrifice in order to become a better gymnast, she said. It is to admire.Added Brestyan: Me and Aly, we know all the time, we are the underdogs. And the underdogs, sometimes, we bite harder. Air Max White Online . Miikka Kiprusoff had just announced his retirement after a decade-long run in Calgary and it would be up to Berra and Ramo to fill the void. Cheap Air Max Store . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. http://www.airmax2018sale.us/ . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Tony Parker confirmed after Frances lopsided defeat to Spain in Wednesdays Olympic quarterfinals that he has indeed played his final game for his national team.Parker said after Frances 92-67 loss to its longtime Spanish rivals that he has promised San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich and team president R.C. Buford he will halt his international career at age 34 -- because of the toll it has taken on him physically -- and focus on finishing his NBA career strongly.And Im not gonna change my mind about that, Parker said after scoring 14 points in his finale.Wednesdays exit was a rough one for the French after they had played so well Sunday in a narrow three-point defeat to the United States, which Parker skipped to rest a bruised toe he had suffered earlier in the tournament.France and Spain have met in top-level international competition for each of the past six summers. This comprehensive performance improved the Pau Gasol-led Spaniards record to 4-2 in those matchups and sent them into Fridays semifinals against the United States as the hottest team in Olympic mens basketball.I felt like Spain was the Spurs, Parker said of the oppositions high level on Wednesday, and I was on the other side.Reflecting on an emotional summer that, in addition to the end of his own international career, saw Tim Duncan announce his retirement from the Spurs, Parker said: The conversation with Timmy, it was weird when he told me he was not going to play. I knew that was going to come one day, with the Big Three without him, but its always tough when it finally happens.Ive been very blessed -- thats all I can say. Those 15 years, all the championships, all the records, everything that we accomplished, its just stuff when I retire I can cherish and show my kids everything that we won with the Spurs.Im just happy its not both at the same time, Parker continued, referring to Argentina star Manu Ginobilis decision to play on with the Spurs despite Duncans retirement.Im happy that Manu got one more year, so its not everybbody at the same time. Mens Air Max 90. That day will come too, and then my day will come. Its just life. I think theres a lot of great guys -- it was a great 10 years with Kobe and Shaq and all the rivalries and stuff like that -- but everything comes to an end.France coach Vincent Collet called Parker the best French player forever and said it was very frustrating to walk off the court with Parker knowing he has a last game like that.We got four medals in the last five years with the national team, and he was a big part of it, Collet said. Hes been the leader that we needed for a long time.As Parker said, Spain was just great tonight, they made every spot. We made a decision to stop Pau, and?[Nikola] Mirotic?goes off. So ... thats basketball.At the same time, I dont want to throw away everything that weve done in the last 16 years [and] in the last eight, nine years with Coach Collet. Im very proud of what we did as a national team, and its the best results in the history of French basketball.The only consolation for Parker, on this night, is knowing that hell soon be able to call his good friend Gasol a teammate when they join forces for the first time next season after Gasols decision to sign in free agency with San Antonio. They embraced at midcourt after Spains emphatic win.Ive been playing against him since Im like 14 years old, Parker said. Great friend and off the court, we go to dinner, stuff like that, double dates and everything. I was so happy that he decided to come play with San Antonio. Hes going to be a great guy to have around.For me, it makes my job easy, with Pau and?LaMarcus [Aldridge], its going to be great and, like I said earlier, Spain?had a great generation. If it was not for Spain, I would have another 10 medals, 15 medals, but life is like that. I beat Pau a lot in the NBA, so it balances out.Saad Yousuf of ESPN Radio in Dallas (103.3 FM) contributed to this report. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: