Installing a Tri-clamp Soldered Fitting to the Chapman Fermenter Lid | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
xysoom
xysoom Dec 10 '19

Recently I purchased a couple Chapman portless 7 gallon fermenting buckets to replace my traditional glass carboys.Water Purification Equipment
I ferment in a BrewPi controlled chest freezer, so having ports on the bottom of my fermenter is not needed as I do transfers from the top of the vessel.
I have developed a CO2 pressure transfer system for my old glass carboys that I love and wanted to continue to use with my shiny new Chapman fermenters….
While that certainly could have been accomplished with a traditional bung it seemed too pedestrian for these fermenters. After a few minutes of discussion with Bobby, we configured a TriClover 2 attachment system.

One TC for fermenting with my airlock & thermowell for the BrewPi probe
and a second TC to pressure transfer with CO2. At the heart of the system is the silver solder TC adapter.
The hole on the Chapman lid was practically made for Bobby’s silver solder 2inch tri-clover attachment…
Once soldered on I have the ability to attach numerous adapters to the bucket.
I have pictured the two I am currently using…
First, the thermowell/airlock attachment gives me the ability to ferment and control temp from the single attachment.
Second, the pressure transfer attachment that allows me to transfer directly to my purger keg by using CO2.
While these are certainly nothing new for the home brew industry I think it is cool to show how to trick out your stainless fermenter.
All the parts are available from Bobby and the Chapman fermenters are just a fantastic vessel to work with.

Share:
john teacher
john teacher Jan 12 '20
If you are getting it done with extreme moments of the flow chart and you can analysis them with high range of form though even it can help you to generate the monthly income with Best Price of Bitcoin can be found on cryptolinks  transfers from the top of the investors.