Cooking Up Small Batch Candles For Small Businesses | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
xysoom
xysoom Dec 4 '19
Being a small business owner can be super rewarding but also challenging in many ways. Believe me, I know. As a small business owner myself, I am always trying to find new and unique ways to pull apart from my competition.Candle manufacturers

On top of the list of challenges is high-minimums.

For the candle maker, it’s wax, fragrances, wicks, containers, and labels. The more we buy, the cheaper the cost but for the small business owner, we face the challenge of space, money, and chance.
If you’ve already done your research, you already know that candle minimums can be anything but minimal. Some require a minimum of 500 candles PER SCENT. For one, where in the heck are you going to put all of those candles? 500 candles could probably fill up all of the shelf space in your inventory closet! So, that’s not going to work.

Money

Let’s say you have decided to flip the bill on 500 candles. The cost of 500 candles will probably run you anywhere between $5,000 to $7,500 for one candle scent!

Chance

Now that you have your 500 custom private-label candles in just one scent, will they sell? This is where chance comes into play. No explanation needed.

Taking A Chance

Low-Minimums

As much as “taking a chance” is one of the hardest steps to take for a small-business owner, this is what we have decided to.We have an extensive list of fragrances for you to choose from or we can create a completely custom scent to best compliment the unique personality of your boutique, salon, barbershop, brewery, winery, distillery, or whatever!
Share: