and let things come and let things come | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Dec 4 '19
ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Texas Rangers have re-signed free agent outfielder Carlos Gomez, finishing the one-year, $11. Hughie Jennings Jersey .5 million agreement reached during winter meetings.To make room for Gomez on the 40-man roster, right-hander Brady Dragmire was designated for assignment Tuesday.The 31-year-old Gomez figures to play center field for the Rangers after Ian Desmond left for Colorado on a five-year, $70 million deal. Gomez is likely to be joined by Shin-Soo Choo in right and Nomar Mazara in left.Gomez batted .210 with five homers in 85 games this year for Houston and was released by the Astros in August. He signed with Texas and hit .284 with eight homers and 24 RBI in 33 games. An All-Star in 2013 and 14 with Milwaukee, Gomez has a .257 average and 116 home runs in 10 big league seasons.The 23-year-old Dragmire was received from Pittsburgh in a waiver claim this month. Mickey Cochrane Jersey . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. Daniel Norris Jersey . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. https://www.cheaptigers.com/1579z-bill-coughlin-jersey-tigers.html . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said.Less than 24 hours after being relieved of his duties as head coach of the Edmonton Oilers, Ralph Krueger reflected on his season behind the bench. "Im not a big fan of regrets," Krueger told TSN on Sunday. "I made mistakes, Im sure, but Im not a person who uses the word regret very much. I dont feel any right now." Krueger spent one season as head coach of the club after serving as an associate coach for two seasons. He was let go on Saturday after the Oilers finished with a 19-22-7 record and 12th in the Western Conference, missing the playoffs for the seventh straight year. "When the conversation began it went to business very quickly," Krueger said of his discussion with general manager Craig MacTavish." He was quite clear with the message; that he was following his instincts and felt it was necessary to hire a new head coach. "The conversation was short and I didnt really dig deep because I believed it wasnt worth burning any brain cells thinking about why," Krueger continued. "I could feel the decision was final and so it wasnt really necessary for me to understand it." Asked if he expected something of this nature so soon into his tenure, Krueger said he didnt. "The idea of adding an assistant or associate was one of the first things I requested following the season because I took over the head coaching job of Tom Renney and did not replace the associate coaching job that I held. Craig (MacTavish) and I both agreed that this was something we needed to do and I was all-in on that. "It now just has a slightly differennt ending then I expected. Rocky Colavito Jersey. " As MacTavish addressed the media on Saturday, he admitted the decision to fire Krueger began with an effort to add to the staff behind the bench. "Ralph and I at the end of the year spent the better part of a week discussing that we would add a veteran assistant coach or associate coach," MacTavish said. "During the process of me conducting those interviews, I recognized I was trying to add a coach that was more closely aligned with the way I wanted to run the team and less about supporting Ralph in the head-coaching role. It was at that point when I contemplated making the change if, in my opinion, I found the ideal fit for our hockey club." Krueger said he appreciated the opportunity in Edmonton and that his emotions were in check following the news. "My primary emotion right now is that Im extremely grateful. Im grateful I found a place where I could go every single day with pleasure. I enjoyed being an Edmonton Oiler and I was all-in 100 per cent the whole time." What lies ahead for Krueger remains to be seen, but the 53-year-old believes its time to pull back and let things come his way. "Im not going to be out hunting; I want to let my track record speak for itself," said Krueger. "I loved my time in the National Hockey League and so its definitely one of my options, but I do have multiple opportunities in Europe and also on other levels.  Im going to take some time now for my family. In that time, Im certain new opportunities will be born and I look forward to those." ' ' ' 
Share: