ES Tests: where to get eyelash extensions in London | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
xysoom
xysoom Nov 17 '19

A semi-permanent treatment, eyelash extensions are achieved by gluing individual lashes onto your existing lashes to create a fuller, longer flutter.Best wholesale eyelash vendor

There are several options available in terms of what the lashes are made from (mink, silk, cashmere) and what shape they are cut to (for more information read our guide on the 10 things you need to know about getting eyelash extensions), but a good therapist should be able to make all these selections for you by analysing the thickness of your hair (and therefore the weight it can take) and the shape of your face.

One thing you do need to choose is whether to opt for a full set or a half set. A half set covers the same area of lash line just using a lesser number of lashes, therefore achieving a more natural look. If it’s your first time getting eyelash extensions and you’re unsure of the fullness or style of lashes that would suit you best, a half set is a great place to start. Plus, a half set takes around an hour to apply, whereas a full set can take 1.5-2 hours, which is quite a long time to sit in a chair with your eyes closed if it’s something you’re not used to doing yet.
Whichever you choose, there can be no doubt that a set of lash extensions is an amazing way to make your eyes sparkle and generally give your face a bit of a lift. And with proper care, they can last three to six weeks, before falling out with your natural lashes.Wondering where to get them done? The ES team have tried and tested four of the best in London.
Located on a sleepy street in the picturesque St John’s Wood, London Lash has just undergone four months of refurbishment – and the result is well worth the trip north on the Jubilee Line. The pristine salon has four treatment beds and on my arrival I was greeted by one of their Master Lash artists, Karolina. At London Lash, there are three tiers of lash artists and prices depend on experience.

As an eyelash extension newbie, Karolina ran me through what I needed to know about the treatment and how to care for the lashes after the treatment. After a consultation, we decided to go for the Natural 2-3d volume lashes as my eyelashes are naturally curly already so these would fall in line with the curve. I asked for them to look natural and be a similar length to my natural lashes.

The result after the hour and a half treatment was exactly as I’d asked for, they looked natural and I was told they should last for three-four weeks before they started falling out and fillers should be put in every two to three weeks if I wanted to keep them. Lash care, Karolina told me, is important as well. You can either by dedicated lash cleanser or use a small amount of baby shampoo to wash your lashes at the end of the day.

Share: