.United was denied once more in the 61st, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 17 '19
Top ranked Chinese golfer Shanshan Feng is hopeful the inclusion of golf in the Olympics will change the elitist perception of golf in in her homeland. Stitched Lakers Jerseys . Golf is returning to the Olympic programme in Rio this summer after a 112-year gap, and Feng believes the opportunity of a medal will have a positive impact on a sport which has suffered several bans in the past two decades.The sport was added to Chinas anti-corruption list last October when the countrys Communist Party banned their members from playing it in part of a corruption crackdown that also included lavish gift-giving. That was just one of several clashes golf has had with Chinas political leaders. In 2004, the government made it illegal to build golf courses without their consent in a bid to protect land and water.Despite the rule, hundreds of illegal courses were built, but in a nationwide crackdown Chinese authorities closed 66 in a single week last March in a bid to drive down participation. As a result, until 26-year-old Feng broke into the worlds top 10, Chinese golfers rarely figured on leaderboards or among those near the head of the rankings. Shanshan Feng won Chinas only major when she won LPGA Championship at Locust Hill Country Club in 2012 I think its going to make a big difference if somebody is going to do well in Rio, she said at the HSBC Womens Champions in Singapore.Most of the people in China maybe still dont know about golf because it has got a lot of negative images in their heads. But I think everything is going to change after they see that golf is in the Olympics and its the same as the other sports.Golfers can bring the country the gold medals which they really love. Even though they dont play it themselves, theyll watch on TV, I think thats enough, Liang Wen-Chong is Chinas highest ranked male golfer at 171st in the world Feng became Chinas first and only major champion when she lifted the 2012 LPGA Championship and is one of only two Chinese golfers - along with 43rd-ranked Lin Xiyu - in the worlds top 100.My goal was to at least get into the Olympics and I think Im fine with that goal now, she said. What I can focus on is to play my own game now and try to play well and I think everything will work out itself.To achieve a medal in Rio, China will heavily rely on their top female golfers, as the leading player in the mens list is Liang Wen-Chong at 171 with Wu Ashun (185) and Haotong Li (215) the only other two in the top 400. Also See: Opinion Golf on Sky Sports 4 Schedule Los Angeles Lakers Gear . The 26-year-old Ireland striker, who has four goals this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with his new club. Fake Lakers Jerseys .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. https://www.lakersjerseycheap.com/ . The return match will take place next Wednesday. Udinese leads Fiorentina 2-1 in the other semifinal. Napoli staged a second-half comeback from two goals down after Gervinhos opener and a stunning strike from Kevin Strootman. MANCHESTER, England -- Jose Mourinho watched from the stands in the second half as Manchester United endured a goalless draw in the English Premier League on Saturday, despite 37 attempts on goal, with `keeper Tom Heaton helping Burnley snatch a point against his former club.United bounced back from a humiliating defeat at Chelsea with an English League Cup derby win against Manchester City midweek, but hopes of a follow-up victory in the league were thwarted by Heaton, a United academy graduate.Heaton left United six years ago without a first-team appearance to his name and, now 30, returned to haunt United on Saturday, producing a stunning display in the Burnley goal as a pulsating match ended 0-0.Referee Mark Clattenburg gave Ander Herrera a harsh-looking second yellow card, having already sent off Mourinho.United manager Mourinho was furious at his side not receiving a penalty after Jon Flanagans challenge on Matteo Darmian just before halftime. Mourinho settled in the directors box after hopping around seats near the dugout.With Mourinho passing notes down, United lost a player in the 68th minute when Herrera -- booked in the first half for a challenge on Dean Marney -- was given a second yellow for catching the Burnley midfielder again. It looked harsh, considering the Spaaniard seemed to slip. Los Angeles Lakers Pro Shop. Wayne Rooney could have secured three points for United in second-half injury time but sent his shot from the center of the box narrowly over the bar.It was an entertaining draw that Antonio Valencia was forced to miss, because he was having an operation on a broken arm.Zlatan Ibrahimovic got away Uniteds first shot after 24 seconds, with Paul Pogba and Juan Mata following up during a promising opening.Ibrahimovic volleyed over before an attempt to direct home was denied by Heaton, with stand-in captain Mata seeing an attempt pushed wide.Jesse Lingard brought a wonderful one-handed save out of Heaton, who then tipped a fizzing Pogba strike over the bar.After the break, Uniteds Luke Shaw got back superbly to deny Andre Gray, and Scott Arfield wasted a clear chance.United was denied once more in the 61st, with Heaton spreading himself superbly to stop an acrobatic strike from Ibrahimovic.A Mata snap shot come back off the post, and Ibrahimovics looping header hit the crossbar, before United lost Herrera.After 10 games, United is hovering above mid-table and trails rival and league leader Manchester City by eight points. ' ' '
Share: