Reed and Thompson are cleared for opener | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
zhangzk
zhangzk Nov 16 '19

Redskins put Marshall on IR Da’Ron Payne Jersey , sign LB Josh Keyes WOODY: The Wrath goes deep once again . . . his Super Bowl picks are, who?!?!? | Columnist Paul Woody | richmond.comThe not-really offseason is over, the interminable preseason is behind us, the NFL regular season is upon us and the indomitable Wrath of Woody is in the house.Redskins put Byron Marshall on injured reserve, sign LB Josh Keyes | NBC Sports WashingtonOn Wednesday, the Redskins made a roster move that has long been anticipated and signed some special teams help.Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson are cleared for Redskins’ opener versus Cardinals - The Washington PostTwo of Washington's most important offensive players were held out of preseason action due to injuries.The Cardinals have a new coach, scheme and QB. That means extra prep work for Redskins. - The Washington PostWashington doesn't know quite what to expect out of Arizona, which dealt with a lot of turnover this offseason and boasts a new head coach and a new starting quarterback.Jay Gruden is 0-for-4 in openers as the Redskins coach. Is he doing something wrong? | Sports | richmond.comASHBURN - Horror films have nothing on game films this week for Jay Gruden.Surprising no one, Adrian Peterson is named the Redskins' Week 1 starter | NBC Sports WashingtonThere is not beating around the bush, Adrian Peterson will start Week 1 for the Washington Redskins.Need to Know: Good health for Jordan Reed, Chris Thompson is great news for the Redskins | NBC Sports WashingtonNeed to Know: It looks like two key offensive players will be in good health for the season opener. That is good news for the Redskins, and in particular Quinton Dunbar Jersey , for Alex Smith.Washington Redskins vs. Arizona Cardinals then and now | NBC Sports WashingtonRich Tandler looks at the Cardinals-Redskins series from the first time they met plus a preview of Sunday’s matchup. Adrian Peterson authored one of the seven 2,000-yard seasons in NFL history when he was 27 years old and checking that box hasn’t taken it off his list of goals now that he’s 34.Peterson told Peter King last year that he believed he was capable of another 2,000-yard campaign and he isn’t setting his sights any lower as he gets ready for the 2019 season. The Washington running back told Tom Pelissero of NFL Media that “you have to set the bar high” to do big things and that’s just what he’s doing after running for 1,042 yards last season.“I got my mark set at 2,000, I’ve always had it at that mark since I stepped into the league,” Peterson said. “So that’s where it’s at. But most importantly, I just want to contribute to the team and help this team win a championship.”Peterson ran the ball 251 times last year and no other Washington back topped 43 carries, but there’s expected to be more shuffling in the backfield this season. Derrius Guice is expected back from last year’s torn ACL and Chris Thompson will be hoping for better health after missing six games last season.Having all three backs healthy and productive wouldn’t help Peterson’s bid to become the first to cross 2,000 yards twice, but it would probably work out well for the Washington offense as a whole.

Share: