r a coach. But thr a coach. But th | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Nov 15 '19
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Rangers reliever Jeremy Jeffress will remain on the restricted list while entering an unspecified treatment program following an arrest on a drunken driving charge. Air Max 720 Scontate Outlet .The right-hander apologized to his teammates and fans in a statement issued through the players union Wednesday. Jeffress, who was arrested last week in Dallas, asked for privacy while in rehab.Make no mistake, drinking and driving is wrong, said Jeffress, who was twice suspended on drug violations while in the minor leagues. I made a mistake that not only jeopardized my wellbeing, but the wellbeing of others, and I thank God that nobody was hurt because of my mistake.The 28-year-old was pulled over on a traffic stop early Friday morning and booked several hours later in the Dallas County jail. Hes out on $500 bond.Major League Baseball is investigating the arrest, and Jeffress could face a suspension.The Rangers commend Jeremy for seeking treatment and taking responsibility for his actions, Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said. Our thoughts are with him as he is dealing with this situation.Jeffress came to Texas with catcher Jonathan Lucroy from the Milwaukee Brewers in a trade Aug. 1. He was first suspended for 50 games in the minors in 2007 and then for 100 games two years later.The hard-throwing Jeffress became the closer this season for the Brewers, recording 27 of his 28 career saves before the trade. As one of the setup men for American League West-leading Texas, Jeffress has no record and no saves with a 4.00 ERA in nine appearances with the Rangers.Jeffress said he had faced much adversity in his life -- some of it self-inflicted -- and that he was trying to be a positive influence to those around him, including his daughter, Jurnee.Moving forward, I promise to do everything I can to live my life the right way, as I look to put this incident behind me, Jeffress said. And I will begin this process by being away from the team while I get the help I need to overcome these difficult personal issues.Jeffress thanked police for their professionalism and said he planned to become an advocate speaking out against what he called impaired driving.I hope others will learn from my mistake, he said. Air Max 270 Italia . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. Air Max 270 Saldi . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. https:///...et-italia-c2566.html . Thousands of Southern California fans enveloped the Trojans to celebrate an improbable win secured by an interim coach, an inconsistent kicker and a thin defence that wouldnt break.As a one-club man who played in 14 consecutive Premier League seasons, former Tottenham captain Ledley King is a legend at White Hart Lane. But while King did lift the League Cup in 2008, he never got to play in a Spurs side quite as strong as the one Mauricio Pochettino has forged this season.In an interview with Sky Sports, King tells us who is Tottenhams unsung hero, why Eric Dier still has a future in defence and why hed love to have played under Pochettino… Why Diers future could still be in defence…It depends on him really in terms of what he wants, but I havent changed my mind on him as a defender. I still feel that however how good he has been this season - and he has been exceptional - having had that experience in midfield, once he goes back into defence hell be able to see the game in a whole new light. It will benefit him if he ever does move back. King feels Eric Dier will find life easier now if he moves back into defence But theres no reason for him to move right now. Hes doing a great job for the team and hes enjoying it. With him being a natural defender, hes filling the gaps really well. If the centre-half does get dragged out, he seems to be in there filling the hole. There seems to be a really good balance there. Its a strong unit thats working really hard together.Why Dembele is an unsung hero…Mousa Dembele has become much more of an all-rounder. He used to be more of an attacking player in his early Spurs days but now he seems to be all over the pitch and is defending very well too. He has got so much flair but what goes unnoticed is how hard he works. Key Battle: Dembele v Schneiderlin Matt Cheetham looks at the stats that show how the midfield battle could be key on Sunday. With the strength he has, he just breaks things up in that midfield. When people try to go past him, he just pushes them off the ball and makes it look easy. Sometimes that can go a bit unnoticed. If youre not sliding around the pitch you might think hes not doing anything, but hes a really important player for the team.Why Spurs youth players are so excited…Pochettinos record in working with young players is exceptional. Hes someone who puts his arm around players off the pitch and they just seem to respond to him. His track record in improving players and, in particular, developing players whove gone on to play for England is amazing.I got to work with Josh Onomah quite a bit last season as I was working down there and hes a real good talent too. Its great that we have players who, when they are performing in the youth team, there is the chance for them to make that step up. Josh Onomah and other Spurs youngster can see a pathway to the first-team You have to have a manager who believes in you and is willing to give you that chance otherwise no matter how well youre doing at youth level then you just wont get there. I think everyone in the youth team and the under-21s will be training and playing that much harder in knowing that if they do perform well therell be chances in the first-team.Why hed love to have played in this Spurs team…As much as you go onto the pitch and try to do the right things, much of it depends on the organisation, the preparation and people doing their jobs. Everyone seems to know their jobs at the club now. Were an organised team. King played with some talented players at Spurs but they didnt hit these heights Thats why were getting results. Air Max 90 Uomo Saldi. They put the work in and theyre getting the rewards. As talented as my group of players were, we just lacked a little bit of the organisation thats required at the top end in order to get the real results.Its a long time since I was fit - youd have to go back to when I was 25 or 26 for me to be free of injury and thats such a long time ago - but to have played in a team like this at the peak of my powers would have been great. Im just so proud of the current team at the moment and how they are doing.Why Spurs future is bright no matter what happens…Obviously, Leicester are in pole position now. All Tottenham can try to do is win their remaining games and hope that somewhere along the way Leicester make a few slip ups. They can only take it one game at a time and try to nip away at that lead. King believes there are three teams in the Premier League title race If they can claw two points back this weekend and another two soon after that then who knows? But the next couple of results are going to be huge. Finishing above Arsenal is something that hasnt been done for many years so that would be a big achievement. But no matter what happens now, its been a fantastic season for Spurs.We have Champions League football again and the players will be a lot stronger for knowing what it takes at the top end of the table. I fully expect more improvement next season for having had this experience.Why Pochettino should ignore any interest from elsewhere…We all know Manchester United is a huge club but at the moment there is a lot of uncertainty there with whats happening. At Tottenham, things seem to be very well balanced. Hes got a group of young players who are singing to his tune so Im sure hes just concentrating on finishing the season as well as possible. Mauricio Pochettino is being coveted by other teams but King feels he should stay If youre a player playing well then people will be after you and its the same for a coach. But thats part of the enjoyment of it and I think this manager is enjoying the challenge right now of working with these young players. Hes in a great place with a new stadium on the way, so I think the manager is very happy where he is.This season Barclays is giving one fan the chance to present the Barclays Premier League trophy to the Champions. Could you be the one? Search Barclays Spirit of the Game to enter. Also See: Key battle: Dembele v Schneiderlin Shreeves meets Alli ' ' ' 
Share: