third consecutive victory, while Kazmir hopes to earn his fourth successive win. Despite not losing since May 9, Kazmir has itched be | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Nov 14 '19
EAST RUTHERFORD, N. Fake Jerseys Online .J. -- The fun has begun, and its not even Redskins week yet.New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz and cornerback Janoris Jenkins?took jabs at Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman for not covering Pittsburgh Steelers star wide receiver Antonio Brown on Monday night. Brown had eight receptions for 126 yards and two touchdowns in a 38-16 win over the Redskins.Especially if he calls himself -- I dont call him this, he calls himself the best corner in the league -- then you have to go cover the best receivers on the other team, Cruz said Wednesday. Going in, I thought he was going to follow AB all over the place, but he didnt. So it is what it is. He made his choice.It just so happens that Cruzs teammate and friend?Odell Beckham Jr.?was involved in an ugly on-field, back-and-forth altercation last year when Norman was with the Carolina Panthers. Beckham was flagged for three penalties in the contest and suspended one game for his actions. Norman was also flagged for penalties and wrestled Beckham to the ground on multiple occasions.The two have gone back and forth taking public shots at each other since.Norman signed a five-year, $75 million contract with the Redskins in the offseason, setting the stage for two meetings a season with his archrival Beckham. The first meeting between the two is in Week 3.Norman told reporters Wednesday that he focuses on the assignments given to him by his coaches.Im doing what Im asked to do and doing it to the best of my abilities, trying to be a cerebral assassin on details and assignments, which my coaches ask me to do, he said. Trying to be a technician of the game. Anything I can do, Im all for it. Whether I travel or not travel to one side, left side, who really cares? Just get the job done. Whoever gets the job done, so be it.All this talk about this guy matchups up this guy, who really frickin cares? Come out with a W and win the game. Thats hogwash. Thats what people talk about. Of course we want to go up against each other because our competitive egos are through the roof. Its one of those things that comes with the territory.There is little doubt among the Giants that Norman will spend next Sunday covering Beckham.He didnt get into a fisticuffs with those guys last year, so it will be different, Cruz said. Id be a little surprised given the circumstances if he doesnt follow Odell around the field. Id be a little surprised, to be honest.Cruz said he watched only part of Mondays game between the Redskins and Steelers. He didnt see all of Browns catches, most of which came against Redskins cornerback Bashaud Breeland.But if Norman really wanted to cover Brown, Cruz thinks it would have happened.Its always his choice. He can go to the powers that be and say, Hey, I want to cover this guy. And if they say no, if maybe he did that and they say no, then Ill have to eat my words, Cruz said. But for the most part, you can go make that request.Cruz isnt alone in his thinking. Jenkins said Norman should have been covering Brown throughout that contest.I think when youre paying someone $70 million, there shouldnt be no game plan, Jenkins told reporters. The game plan should be, youre on this guy and thats what it is.Its going to be a fun week for the Giants leading up to their much-awaited matchup with the Redskins. But first they play the New Orleans Saints on Sunday. Norman and the Redskins take on star wide receiver Dez Bryant and the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim contributed to this report. Fake MLB Jerseys . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. Cheap Fake Jerseys . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. http://www.fakejersey.com/ ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. LOS ANGELES -- The Colorado Rockies and Los Angeles Dodgers will have two similar, yet distinct, goals for their offenses when they play Saturday night at Dodger Stadium.The Dodgers, who earned a 5-0 victory over the Rockies on Friday night, hope to extend that success beyond one day. Though Los Angeles compiled a 16-12 record with 37 home runs last month, several Dodgers experienced a miserable June offensively.Seven players hit less than .225 for the month, ranging from Adrian Gonzalezs .223 to Enrique Hernandezs .158. Among those seven are four other regulars: Chase Utley (.209), Trayce Thompson (.207), A.J. Ellis (.188) and Yasmani Grandal (.169).Throughout the lineup, weve got to have some more production, manager Dave Roberts recently told MLB.com.Hurting Los Angeles cause will be the absence of Joc Pederson, who went on the disabled list Friday after injuring his right shoulder by running into the outfield wall in Milwaukees Miller Park on Tuesday night to catch a fly ball. Pedersons 13 homers rank second on the club.However, Corey Seager remains healthy and productive. The shortstop -- who leads the Dodgers with 17 home runs, 40 RBI, 95 hits, 20 doubles and a .590 slugging percentage -- will bring a 14-game hitting streak into Saturday nights contestThe Rockies, meanwhile, hope to return to the offensive success that marked their June. Colorado batted .275 as a team during the month while amassing 61 doubles, five triples, 39 home runs and 149 RBI.Carlos Gonzalez contributed a .364 average and 29 RBI in June. Nolan Arenado and Mark Reynolds had 12-game and nine-game streaks, respectively, during the month.As a result, Colorado went 13-14 during June, the first time the team won 13 games in a month in three years. Nevertheless, the Rockies enter Saturday nights game having lost tthree in succession and six of their last nine. Fake NHL Jerseys. Were playing decent baseball, but were not playing good baseball, Gonzalez told the Denver Post. Even though things are more positive than in the past, its still not good enough. You cant be satisfied with being a close to .500 club.The Rockies played three of their last four games without two important components, rookie shortstop Trevor Story and veteran second baseman DJ LeMahieu. Story has a bruised right finger that he aggravated Tuesday in a 14-9 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays, while LeMahieu is battling a bruised left knee.Story leads all major league rookies with 19 home runs and 50 RBI. LeMahieu is with tied Gonzalez for fourth place among National League batters with a .326 average.Colorado manager Walt Weiss said before Friday nights game that LeMahieu could have played after performing some pregame drills, but he opted to give his All-Star second baseman an extra day of rest.Right-hander Chad Bettis (6-5, 5.84 ERA) will start for the Rockies against Dodgers left-hander Scott Kazmir (6-3, 4.67). Both pitchers will try to extend personal winning streaks at the others expense.Bettis, who has not lost since June 4, seeks his third consecutive victory, while Kazmir hopes to earn his fourth successive win. Despite not losing since May 9, Kazmir has itched beyond the sixth inning just once this season.In six career games (three starts) against the Dodgers, Bettis has no decisions and a 4.58 ERA. He has not faced Los Angeles this year.Kazmir is 1-0 with a 5.73 ERA in two all-time starts against the Rockies. He got a no-decision at Coors Field on April 22, when he allowed four runs in five innings. ' ' ' 
Share: