QuickBooks Error Code 15242 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jamess will
jamess will Nov 13 '19

Resolve QuickBooks Error 15242 

QuickBooks Error Code 15242 activates when you are wanting to use and improve your QuickBooks account or payroll. This error message displayed on the screen specifies which you cannot install and download payroll updates properly on the system. Intuit releases updates regularly for all its versions of QuickBooks and payroll for giving the most recent tools and features.

When wanting to Update, You run into one of the following error messages as-

QuickBooks Error 15242: The payroll update did not complete successfully. QuickBooks FCS is damaged or otherwise not responding.

QB Error 15242: The update did not complete successfully. QuickBooks FCS is damaged or perhaps not responding.

The main issue will result as QuickBooks FCS which is File Copy Service is not responding appropriately. This problem may block the appropriate functioning associated with QuickBooks and payroll system. Thus, it's important to resolve this error, as it could terminate the flow of work which will absolutely impact the business.

Just how to fix QuickBooks Error 15242?

Solution 1: Validate the subscription of your payroll

Open QuickBooks, go to Employees, My Payroll Service, Account/Billing Information.

It will probably open the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page in your screen.

QuickBooks will spontaneously re-validate your payroll subscription. Whenever you close the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page.

If the validation process gets completed, attempt to update QuickBooks or payroll again.

Solution 2:

Have a look at if this error is happening on one desktop or if it occurring on most of the systems. If at all possible, attempt to update on the other side system.

We hope that our article was helpful to you. If you are swept up with this, or you need more assistance from us, please call us on QuickBooks Payroll custome support number. I will be offered at your service and assure full assistance since you need them. Try not to hesitate to inform us when you need us because I will be there to assist you anyway.

Share: