make the spectacle better - that is important - but it make the spectacle better - that is important - but it | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Nov 9 '19
MIAMI -- Wei-Yin Chen of the Marlins was sharp through four innings in his first game since July 20. Balenciaga Triple s Cheap .Chen allowed a three-run homer to Danny Espinosa in the fifth but Miami was able to score twice in the sixth and went on to beat the Washington Nationals 4-3 on Monday night.Obviously, a good one for us being on life support, Marlins manager Don Mattingly said in reference to the teams slim playoff chances. A lot of good things happened. Wei-Yin was really good, the air came out of the balloon quick in the fifth.Miami trails San Francisco and St. Louis for the second wild card spot with 12 games left.Giancarlo Stanton hit his 26th home run and Christian Yelich, Ichiro Suzuki and Derek Dietrich also drove in a run for the Marlins.Brian Ellington (3-2) picked up the win with an inning of relief and A.J. Ramos pitched the ninth for his 38th save in 41 chances.The Nationals have lost three straight.A.J. Cole allowed two runs and four hits in four innings for the Nationals. He struck out three and walked two.I didnt have my best stuff, but I fought to keep my team in the game and I went out there and still tried to throw my stuff where I wanted to and battle through it, Cole said.Mat Latos (7-3) took the loss, allowing two runs in 1 1/3 innings.Chen made his first start in two months due to an elbow strain, and allowed three runs and four hits, ending his night after 4 1/3 innings. Chen threw 44 of 66 pitches for strikes.I havent been pitching in a game for a really long time and (my stamina) could have been a factor, Chen said through a translator.Washington trailed by a run to begin the ninth when Wilson Ramos led off with a double to left-center field. Michael Taylor pinch-ran for Ramos and was thrown out at third on a groundball to shortstop Miguel Rojas.I cant speak for what a guy was thinking, but that was a mistake, Nationals manager Dusty Baker said.Pinch-hitters Bryce Harper and Daniel Murphy flied out to end the game leaving a runner stranded at first.The Nationals trailed by a run in the seventh and had two on and no outs. Fernando Rodney was able to get out of the jam without allowing a run to score.The Marlins took an early 2-0 lead on Stantons solo home run and an RBI double by Yelich.Espinosas homer put the Nationals up 3-2.I was trying to get something out over the plate so I could get it to the outfield and ensure one run -- a fly ball or something like that, Espinosa said. He threw me a couple good changeups and I just tried to settle down and wait for a pitch that I could get at least one run in.Miami responded with two runs in the sixth to take a 4-3 lead behind an RBI double by pinch-hitter Dietrich and a failed fielders choice by Suzuki that allowed Justin Bour to score as second baseman Wilmer Difos throw was wide to home plate.These guys could have quit after the three-run homer but we put up good at-bats and kept going hard and we prevailed, Marlins second baseman Dee Gordon said.BOURS BUNTBour dropped a successful bunt to the open left side of the infield in the pivotal sixth inning with the Nationals in a shift for the left-handed hitter and he later scored the eventual game-winning run.It was Bours first bunt for a hit this season and he does not have a sacrifice bunt in 247 career games.I saw a situation and at this point every game is huge for us, Bour said. Whatever it takes to get the job done and I had an opportunity to bunt.TRAINERS ROOMNationals: RHP Stephen Strasburg (elbow) played catch on Monday for the first time since leaving his Sept. 7 start early. ... C Jose Lobaton (ankle) has not played since Sept. 13 when he was a defensive replacement.Marlins: LHP Adam Conley (finger) is going to throw a simulated game on Wednesday and could re-join the team in some capacity before the end of the season. Hes feeling really good, Mattingly said. He came into my office and told me he feels totally healthy.UP NEXTNationals: RHP Tanner Roark (15-8, 2.75) will start the second game of the series with the Marlins. Roark is 2-1 with a 1.08 ERA over his last four starts.Marlins: RHP Jose Fernandez (15-8, 2.99) enters Tuesdays start with 174 1/3 innings on the season with the goal of keeping him in the 180-inning range. Obviously we dont want him to throw innings that we dont need him to throw, but I think were still paying close attention to him, Mattingly said. Hes got his mind set on three more starts, but we have to be mindful of how it goes with what we do with him. Name Brand Shoes Cheap Online . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. Cheap Air Force 1 China .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. http://www.brandshoescheaponline.com/ . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision.F1 chiefs will move to change the qualifying format within days after the new elimination-style system endured a farcical debut at the Australian GP. The newly-devised system, which sees drivers knocked out at 90-second intervals from mid-way through each of the three sessions, was panned by drivers, team bosses and pundits after the new rules confused fans and meant cars were not on track at what were meant to be decisive moments of the session.Polesitter Lewis Hamilton was already in parc ferme three minutes before the chequered flag fell, while a host of drivers had earlier been knocked out when their cars were not even on track. Conclusions from qualifying for the Australian GPBut after an immediate backlash from fans on social media, and condemnation of the new system from a number of the sports leading figures, moves are already underway to make immediate changes for the second round of the season in Bahrain in two weeks time.There is a will [to change it], Mercedes boss Toto Wolff said on Saturday night in Melbourne. Head of Mercedes Motorsport Toto Wolff said the new qualifying format is rubbish, and thinks discussions will take place over reverting to last years form Nobody tried to damage the spectacle in qualifying on purpose. The basic idea of having a shootout and every 90 seconds somebody drops out could trigger results that give a certain variability and could mean that a favourite gets it wrong.So the basic concept was not completely stupid but, as with many things, the devil lies in the detail and weve seen today that we actually complicated things in a time that we should simplify them.There was periods when no car was running, you saw that at the end, and that wasnt exciting. Qualifying report Lewis Hamilton dominates in Australia to take pole That should be the target [to change by Bahrain].With the season already underway, a unanimous vote of the F1 Commission will be required to change the regulations again - with such a move possibly taking place as early as Monday.Technically you need a couple of days to change whatever you want, said McLaren racing director Eric Boullier.You just need an e-vote by fax or by email and the FIA Commission members can give their opinion. If everybody agrees, it should be unanimous and it could be done.Whens the Australian GP on Sky Sports F1?It appears likely that the three-part qualifying system will revert to the rules used over the last decade, with a group of cars exiting at the end of Q1 and Q2 respectively before the top 10 compete for pole in Q3. Sky Sports F1s Martin Brundle and David Croft give their damning verdict on the new F1 qualifying format which resulted in no action for the last four min It seems theres a unanimous desire amongst both the team bosses and the drivers themselves and other power brokers within the sport to get all this changed, probably back to the way it was last season in time for the Bahrain Grand Prix, reported Sky Sports News HQs Craig Slater. Cheap Jordan Shoes Paypal Accepted. The shake-up of qualifying was only first agreed two weeks ago by the Strategy Group and F1 Commission and had already provoked controversy among drivers, who had argued that it would not work.Team managers also met with FIA race director Charlie Whiting to express reservations about the new-look Q3 during testing at Barcelona, but the elimination system was subsequently rubber-stamped in its original form by the World Motor Sport Council last week. Ted Kravitz brings you all the latest news from qualifying at the Australian GP Wolff believes F1 is right to be looking at ways to improve its spectacle, but suggests it needs to take longer working on any more radical solutions.There are two perspectives, he said. The first is we had a qualifying format that was pretty okay and in order to spice things up this is where we ended up. The obvious choice is to return to what we had before, its in the regulations. If we were to reinvent a different format I think we need to think carefully about what that would do.We shouldnt close our eyes to trying to make the spectacle better - that is important - but it should be a thought through process.Hamilton enjoys sexy laps for pole positionThe first race of the 2016 F1 season, the Australian GP, is exclusively live on Sky Sports F1. The race in Melbourne starts at 5am on Sunday morning. Every race live in 2016 Sky Sports F1 brings you every race live in 2016. Fast and easy online upgrade - click here Also See: Conclusions from Oz GP qualifying New qualy format slammed ' ' ' 
Share: