it like a midseason acquisition or trade. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Dec 29 '17
TORONTO -- Casey Janssen doesnt have a date circled on his calendar for his return to the Toronto Blue Jays lineup. Haloti Ngata Jersey . The Toronto closer is dealing with a left abdominal/lower back problem that sent him to the disabled list March 30, the eve of the Jays season opener. "Its just a day-by-day thing," Janssen said Saturday of his return. He says he plans to push as hard as he can go, but does not want to set a rigid timeline that might lead to disappointment -- or headlines. "We dont want to get ahead of ourselves," he explained. "We dont want to have dates where either I or you (media) guys or anyone else wants to have as a deadline or a certain date, where if I dont make it that day then its breaking news or something like that." Coming after a pre-season that saw him pitch just three innings as he protected his shoulder, it all means that Janssen is a long way off from where he hoped to be. "Im starting to trust it a lot more," he said of the problem oblique muscle. "Im starting to be a lot more active on it. The recovery is quicker, I guess. If Im active on it, within a few hours it (the discomfort) is probably gone. You wake up with a fresh start every day which is nice. "Ive just got to continue to progress. The further we get away from that Montreal date, the healthier its going to get." The Montreal date was the late March finale to the Toronto pre-season. Janssen felt something as he was warming up to go in against the New York Mets, but didnt think it was anything more than a "tight something." "Never did I imagine Id be sitting here in late April having not thrown a pitch," he said. The days after, however, he knew it was something more than tightness. Janssen is slated to throw a bullpen session Sunday, with another planned a few days later. A rehab assignment in the minors will follow. He has already had one of those shut down mid-month when it was determined he needed further rest. "I cant wait to throw (the bullpen session), Im excited," he said. "Hopefully theres no looking back." As frustrated as he is by the inactivity, the 32-year-old right-hander understands patience is needed. "Being in the position where I pitch in a game, youve got to be good," he said. "You dont want to let the team down by figuring it out up here. "So I want to be clicking once I get up here ... At the end of the day, my arms got to be able to bounce back, do the things Im asked to do here and then also have my side tested enough where, the same thing, Im not getting special treatment when Im ready." Janssen, who converted 34-of-36 save opportunities last season. says he only feels the injury occasionally in his day-to-day life. But given the importance of the bodys trunk to throwing, it is like Kryptonite to a pitcher. "Theres no injury thats fun," he said. "This one seems to take lot more time, even when theres no extreme pain." Sergio Santos has assumed the role of closer in Janssens absence. Nevin Lawson Jersey . Zdeno Chara scored with 13 seconds left in regulation after David Krejci tied it late, lifting the Bruins to a 3-2 win over Pittsburgh on Saturday night in a game that saw Orpik taken from the ice on a stretcher. Marvin Jones Jr Jersey . So far, so good: Gonzalez has allowed one run through 12 innings this season. His second start came Tuesday night, when he gave up only three singles over six innings to lead the Nationals to a 5-0 victory over the Miami Marlins. BALTIMORE -- Johan Santanas comeback bid with the Baltimore Orioles ended Friday when the two-time Cy Young Award winner tore his Achilles tendon. The injury occurred in Florida while Santana was pitching in extended spring training. He was struck by a line drive before stumbling in pursuit of the ball. An MRI revealed a torn tendon. "The tendon is severed, and it will in effect end his season," Orioles vice-president of baseball operations Dan Duquette said. "I know the rehab is significant for these tendon injuries. Well have to get with him and speak to him. But he wont be able to pitch for the Orioles this season." The 35-year-old Santana has not pitched in the majors since 2012 with the New York Mets. The left-hander missed last season after undergoing his second major shoulder surgery, then signed a minor league contract with Baltimore in March. Santanas return appeared on course when the Orioles purchased his contract from Triple-A Norfolk on Monday and placed him on the major league disabled list. "He was pitching well," Duquette said. "The last time out he had his velocity and he was able to back-door his slider. I think he had eight strikeouts and no walks, so he was right on schedule. After (Friday), he was going to come up and join the major league teeam, and we were going to continue the rehab in (Double-A) Bowie. Golden Tate III Jersey. " Now, however, Santanas future is up in the air. "The skills are there," Duquette said. "Hes been able to rehab his arm, but now hes got another challenge." Santana broke into the majors with Minnesota in 2000. He won both his Cy Young Awards with the Twins, going 20-6 in 2004 and 19-6 in 2006. He was traded to New York before the 2008 season and signed a $137.5 million, six-year contract. But injuries limited him to less than four full seasons on the mound with the Mets, and his record got progressively worse -- 16-7, 13-9, 11-9, 6-9. It was uncertain if Santana could return after his second shoulder surgery, but Duquette thought it was worth taking a chance. Now he and the Orioles are left looking for a Plan B. "Its unfortunate," Duquette said. "We were looking for Johans leadership and also his pedigree from being a winning pitcher. Now well have to look for that capability somewhere else. "I was looking at it like a midseason acquisition or trade. We invested in the rehab and we invested in the salary, and of course we wouldnt have had to trade a player. Unfortunately it didnt work. Sometimes you can plan and do things right, and they just dont work out." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: