the position has made us confident, he said.To win three in a row would be magnificent | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 28 '17
OMAHA, Neb. Wholesale Authentic Jerseys NFL . -- Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte did their part. The longtime rivals are headed to another showdown at the U.S. Olympic swimming trials.Phelps and Lochte cruised through the semifinals of the 200-meter individual medley Thursday, with each winning his heat in dominating fashion.It means a lot, Lochte said. Ive been racing him in this event since, like, 2003. Hes a tough competitor. I just love racing against him because its a challenge.This one is especially significant for Lochte, an 11-time Olympic medalist who has yet to qualify for an individual event in Rio.Slowed by a groin injury, the 31-year-old Lochte missed out in the 400 IM -- a race he won at the Olympics four years ago -- finished fourth in the 200 freestyle and dropped out of the 200 backstroke.Although also entered in the 100 butterfly, Lochte is basically putting all his hopes on the 200 IM. A top-two finish will give him a spot, but he really wants a win over Phelps in Friday nights final before they head to the Olympics.Im feeling better, as far as, like, mentally, but physically, Im getting tired, said Lochte, who at the very least will be going to Rio as a relay swimmer. Tomorrow night will definitely be a good battle between me and Michael.Lochte was the top qualifier, at 1 minute, 56.71 seconds, while Phelps took the second spot in 1:57.61. That means theyll be right beside each other in the final, just as theyve been so many times in their dazzling careers.Phelps has already qualified for Rio in the 200 fly, but the most decorated athlete in Olympic history is eager to add two more individual races to his program. Hell be a big favorite in the 100 fly, a race in which Lochte doesnt figure to be a major threat.This is their only real chance to race.Him and I have gone back and forth a number of times in this race, Phelps said. During the big meets, we have great races. Were right there with each other tomorrow in the middle of the pool, probably a couple of tenths apart. Were going to be out and probably step on the gas a little bit more than we have in the past, and youll have an exciting race.Missy Franklin, on the other hand, didnt advance to the final of the 100 freestyle. The other big star from London struggled to an 11th-place showing in the semifinals, which leaves her with only one individual race in Rio and just one more chance to bulk up her program: the 200 backstroke.No matter what, Franklins bubbly personality will be much less of a presence at these Summer Games than it was four years ago.That speed just doesnt feel like its quite there this meet, she said. No idea why. Its super disappointing, but I really feel like my endurance is there, so it gives me a lot of hope for my 200 back.Franklin is going to her second Summer Games, but she wont be nearly as busy this time around. As a high schooler four years ago, Franklin took part in seven events and won four golds and a bronze. At age 21, shes shaping up as one of the biggest flops of the trials, besides a gutsy, runner-up finish behind Katie Ledecky in the 200 free. At the most, Franklin will swim three events in Rio.While Franklin is struggling, another Olympic gold medalist will get a chance to defend his title. Nathan Adrian, the burly 27-year-old who won the 100 freestyle in London, used a powerful finishing kick to win in 47.72 seconds. Caeleb Dressel will also get to swim the down-and-back sprint in Rio, after taking the second spot at 48.23.Anthony Ervin, the oldest swimmer at the trials, got off to a blistering start and led at the turn. But the 35-year-old couldnt hold on and faded to fourth in 48.54 while also touching behind Ryan Held (48.26). The top four are assured spots on the team for the 4x100 free relay, which means Ervin will be headed to his third Olympics.On the fifth night of the meet, Josh Prenot became the latest Olympic rookie to make the team when he knocked off Kevin Cordes in the 200 breaststroke. Cordes won the 100 breast and was more than a second under world-record pace at the final turn of the longer race. But Prenot, furiously bouncing up and down in the water, surged past Cordes on the final lap to win in 2 minutes, 7.17 seconds. He set an American record and finished just off the world mark of 2:07.01 held since 2012 by Japans Akhiro Yamaguchi.Also Thursday, Cammile Adams won the 200 butterfly after being briefly disqualified once day earlier during the preliminaries. The ruling that she made an illegal turn was quickly overturned after a review provided by the underwater camera, and Adams took advantage of her second chance to win with a time of 2:06.80. Hali Flickinger took the second Olympic spot in 2:07.50.Phelps is shooting to swim three individual races and will likely be part of all three relays. Also, he celebrated his 31st birthday on Thursday.I have a bunch of friends here, and my mom rented out a room, so were all going to get together and have some food, Phelps said.Then hell turn his attention to a familiar foe. Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic . -- The Sacramento Kings are set to become the first major professional sports franchise to accept Bitcoin virtual currency for ticket and merchandise purchases. China Jerseys . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. http://www.wholesalenfljerseysforchina.com/ . -- Playing time has been limited for Maxim Tissot this season, so the Montreal Impact defender made the most of his first scoring opportunity on Saturday. Coach Mark Jones has slammed Newcastles critics, declaring hes dumbfounded by attacks on his sides performances given their recent injury crisis.Jones was quick to share his dismay at the view of those whod written the Jets off as a poor team, using back-to-back wins as proof that they can turn it on when required.Friday nights 2-1 triumph over Adelaide and last weekends upset of Perth has coincided with the return of key personnel including captain Nigel Boogaard, Daniel Mullen, Andrew Nabbout and Morten Nordstrand.Jones argued it should be obvious those players would lift his side after seven winless rounds.Weve copped a lot of stick for the way we played early on, but we had five players out, Jones saidAnd even then we still tried to play football.Now weve got everyone back weve got better possession and composure - thats why you have experienced players in your side.Ive been very disappointed with some of the comments when we have five players out and were coppinng flak. Cheap Jerseys. Its not rocket science; you get your experienced players back in, you play better.It dumbfounds me.Jones will soon have a full compliment at his disposal with Finnish striker Aleksandr Kokko set to be back for the Boxing Day clash with Wellington.At least until Saturday night, the Jets are sixth and could spend Christmas there depending on other results.Theyll be motivated to continue their climb up the table, but Jones said the team drew more confidence more from winning.The wins more than the position has made us confident, he said.To win three in a row would be magnificent.It just takes us up the table further and (prompts) more reflection that a team from Newcastle can do well.Ive always said they can and I dont cop that Sydney or Melbourne or anyone else is better than us.We play good football, we can beat anyone. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: