procedure.UP NEXTBlue Jackets: Host Los | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Dec 27 '17
CHICAGO -- With some of their big hitters getting the day off, it was sharp pitching that helped the Los Angeles Dodgers break a franchise record that stood for 89 years. Jordan 6 Rings Black . Chris Capuano scattered six hits over 6 1-3 innings and the Dodgers set a team record with their 13th straight road win, 3-0 over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday. The Dodgers, who havent lost on the road since July 6 in San Francisco, eclipsed the 1924 mark set by the Brooklyn Robins. "You go out there and youre just waiting to see whos going to drive in the runs and get the big hits," Capuano said. "Its a good feeling when you come to the park." Los Angeles is in the middle of a stretch of 26 games in 27 days, and manager Don Mattingly gave his infield an alternative look by taking four-time All-Star first baseman Adrian Gonzales, hot-hitting second baseman Mark Ellis and third baseman Juan Uribe out of the starting lineup. No matter. There were others who came through at the plate. Carl Crawford broke open a 1-0 game by driving in two runs with a single in the sixth inning. Jerry Hairston Jr. singled in the first run in the third for NL West-leading Los Angeles, which is 13-2 since the All-Star break and has won 30 of its last 37 overall. "Its a good feeling to be a part of history, to keep winning," Crawford said. "The team is jelling really well right now." Capuano (4-6) came up with his second straight strong start and third in his last four. He struck out five and walked only one before four Dodgers relievers closed it out. "Cappy really did a good job finishing pitches, the whole thing," Mattingly said. "Some nice plays in the infield but Cap was really efficient doing his thing." The Dodgers turned three of their four double-plays behind Capuano, who has been rocked at times this year. But on Saturday he was crisp and in command. "For me, hes attacked with his fastball more and continued to use that and not always get to his off speed," Mattingly said. "I just think hes used his whole repertoire for the right guys." Brandon League relieved Capuano with one out in the seventh and runners on first and second but got out of the inning by getting Cody Ransom to ground into a double play. Kenley Jansen pitched a perfect ninth to earn his 16th save in 19 chances. Jeff Samardzija (6-10) allowed three runs over six innings in Chicagos third straight loss. He gave up seven hits, five walks and hit a batter, but was able to get out of jams with nine strikeouts. "Fastball command is going to be the dictation of pretty much everybodys outing and he really didnt have it today," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said. "He battled and got the outs and kept the game close, but obviously the pitch count after six innings was way too many." Dodgers rookie Yasiel Puig had a pair of singles and scored a run. He has hit safely in 12 of his last 14 games, including seven multi-hit games during that span. Puig made a diving catch on Starlin Castros line drive into the gap with one out in seventh and a Chicago runner on second to preserve the shutout. He left the game after the inning with bruised thumb. "Well see how I feel tomorrow before the game," Puig said through a translator. "Ill take some swings and well decide then." The Dodgers took a 1-0 lead in the third on Hairstons RBI single that drove in Puig. Samardzija escaped a one-out, bases-loaded jam in the fourth by striking out Crawford and Puig swinging. He wasnt as lucky in the sixth after Skip Schumaker walked to open the inning then advanced to third on Tim Federowiczs double one out later. Samardzija struck out Capuano, but Crawford lined a sharp single to right to make it 3-0. The Cubs loaded the bases in the eighth against relievers Ronald Belisario and Paco Rodriguez, but Rodriguez struck out Wellington Castillo swinging on a full count to end the threat. NOTES: Gonzalez is hitting .301 and leads the Dodgers with 105 games played, 120 hits, 15 homers and 66 RBIs. Scott Van Slyke filled his spot at first base, but Gonzales pinch-hit in the ninth. Ellis had extended his hitting streak to 13 games -- he is 19 for 47 during that span -- on Friday. Schumaker took his spot and Hairston played third until Uribe pinch-hit in the eighth and stayed in the game .. Mattingly said before the game that RHP Zack Greinke is still "lined up" to start Saturday, but hinted that he might make a last-minute tweak to the rotation and push Greinkes start back to Monday. Los Angeles doesnt have another off-day until Aug. 15 and Mattingly is trying to keep his starters fresh. ... Dodgers OF Matt Kemp, who is on the DL with a sprained left ankle, is wearing a boot and threw in the outfield before Saturdays game. "Hopefully thats going to help him bounce forward," Mattingly said. "I know the plan in St. Louis is to start the baseball stuff back up again, start hitting off a tee and getting in the cage." . Cubs RHP Zach Putnam, who is on the DL with right elbow soreness, had bone chips removed from the joint on Friday. Retro 12 Bordeaux Sail Metallic Silver .ca! Hi Kerry, Heres an interesting one. I know its common knowledge that all players are responsible for their sticks. We witnessed that when Zack Kassian hit Edmontons Sam Gagner in the face after a missed check. Jordan 6 Gatorade Green For Sale . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. http://www.jordan32rossocorsa.com/ . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- The Columbus Blue Jackets made John Tortorella sweat a little for his 500th NHL victory.Columbus squandered leads of 2-0 and 3-2 in the third period before Seth Jones scored 46 seconds into overtime Sunday to lift the Blue Jacked to a 4-3 victory over the Vancouver Canucks 4-3 for their ninth straight win.Tortorella became the first U.S.-born coach to reach 500 victories, and while he downplayed the accomplishment, Columbus captain Nick Foligno said it was a special moment when he handed the 58-year-old the game puck in a boisterous locker room.He says it doesnt mean (anything), but its a lot of wins, Foligno said. Hes gone through a roller-coaster of a career ... going through so many things. Were really happy to have him at the helm here. Hes really helped push this group forward. Really gratifying for all the guys to see him get that.Brandon Saad had two goals and Cam Atkinson added a goal and an assist for Columbus. Alexander Wennberg had two assists and Sergei Bobrovsky finished with 14 saves for his league-leading 19th win.Tortorella, who took over seven games into last season, has the Blue Jackets firing on all cylinders a third of the way through 2016-17 with points in 11 straight (10-0-1) to sit in the mix near the top of the powerhouse Metropolitan Division.I have been so privileged to have the opportunity to coach as many games as I have in the league, Tortorella said after becoming the 24th coach in NHL history to reach 500 wins. To get this opportunity with this club when there are so many other people dying to get in, thats what Im so grateful for. Not numbers, just having the opportunity.It looked like Tortorella might not get this opportunity after one forgettable season with the Canucks in 2013-14, a campaign that saw the team miss the playoffs for the first time since 2008.The fiery Boston native got off to a good start in Vancouver, but things quickly started to unravel. Tortorella was involved in an ugly incident where he attempted to charge into the Calgary Flames locker-room, and he also benched star goalie Roberto Luongo for the showcase Heritage Classic game, a move that ultimately led to the netminders trade to the Florida Panthers.It makes no difference, quite honestly, Tortorella said when asked if getting to 500 against the Canucks meant more. Coming here is fun for me because I have a lot of friends here. You guys may think that `He wants to get back at them. Thats not the way I am thinking. Its a tremendous city, the people always treated me well. Air Jordan 32 Ceo For Sale. Brandon Sutter, Daniel Sedin and Jannik Hansen scored for Vancouver, while Ryan Miller stopped 21 shots.Jones scored his fifth of the season on a 2-on-1 break with Atkinson in the extra period after Vancouvers Ben Hutton hit the post at the other end. Jones was actually caught up the ice after his stick flew into the Canucks bench and he seemed to have to battle to pry it loose.I knew Cam was going to make a great play, Jones said. I didnt know if he was going to shoot or not so I just went to the net with my stick down.The Canucks trailed 2-0 after two periods before getting on the board when Sutter scored his ninth of the season on a power play, and third goal in as many games, at 2:51 of the third.Vancouver, which picked up a much-needed 4-2 victory over Tampa Bay on Friday following a demoralizing road trip, then tied it when Daniel Sedins slap shot from well out deflected off Columbus defenseman Jack Johnsons skate and past a surprised Bobrovsky at 7:42.The Blue Jackets retook the lead with 4:39 left in regulation when Saad scored his second of the game on a nice feed from Wennberg, but Hansen tied it on a shot that went off Columbus defenseman Ryan Murray with 1:09 left.We found a way to get back in the third, not once but twice, said Hansen. We had an opportunity in overtime as well. Those little margins are whether or not you get two points.The Blue Jackets top-ranked power play went to work in the second. Atkinson scored his 11th goal of the season on a rebound off a point shot from Zach Werenski at 1:10 with Vancouver defenseman Luca Sbisa off for interference.Sbisa was then whistled for slashing midway through the period, and Columbus, which entered play clicking at 25.9 percent with the man advantage, made Vancouver pay when Scott Hartnell fed a no-look, cross-crease pass to Saad at the side of the net for his 10th with 6:42 left.He was pretty heated. We made him sweat for that win, but it was nice to be able to get that for him, Foligno said of Tortorella. Hes grown a lot as a coach and as a person. Nice to see him get rewarded.Game notes The Canucks announced Sunday that D Erik Gudbranson will undergo surgery to repair ligament damage in his wrist. The team said a timeline on his recovery will be provided after the procedure.UP NEXTBlue Jackets: Host Los Angeles on Tuesday night.Canucks: Host Winnipeg in consecutive games Tuesday and Thursday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: