didnt let it come to me, was g | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Dec 27 '17
In the cat-and-mouse game of postmatch interviews in London, Novak Djokovic has been driven to testiness on several occasions when questioned closely. Buy Air Max 97 . After defeating Milos Raonic in a round-robin match earlier this week, he was asked if there were times in the past when he felt unbeatable -- and if he now felt more vulnerable.Well, I never felt unbeatable, and I never will, Djokovic said. First of all, its not my mindset. Second, I dont think its fair to say youre unbeatable. There are few athletes ever in their career that have retired unbeatable.I did have certain periods of my career, especially in the last five years, when I really felt very confident on the court, and I was dominating the play.What about vulnerable?I dont feel vulnerable, Djokovic snapped.Heading into the last mens ATP match of the year, he looks like something approaching unbeatable. As difficult as it is to fathom given his second-half results, the No. 2-ranked Djokovic is a single victory from regaining the No. 1 ranking.He meets old friend and recent nemesis Andy Murray in the championship final of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET on ESPN2 & WatchESPN. For the first-time in year-end history, the seasons No.1 ranking will be decided in a winner-take-all final.It would be an unprecedented fifth consecutive year-end title for the 29-year-old Serb in a year when he won at least seven titles for the fourth consecutive year and two of the four majors this year.Does this sound like a vulnerable man?Djokovic obliterated Kei Nishikori 6-1, 6-1 in Saturdays second semifinal. The match was over in a blazing 66 minutes and couldnt have been more different than the first semifinal.That exquisite piece of performance art was a 5-7, 7-6 (5), 7-6 (9) Murray victory against Milos Raonic.Very glad, obviously, that I get to experience that [dominance] the last couple matches, Djokovic said in his on-court interview. Pretty much flawless.Murray, meanwhile, looked world-weary at times and saved a match point in that extraordinary third-set tiebreaker. The question must be asked: Does Murray have anything left for Djokovic?Three days earlier, Murray and Nishikori played a 3-hour, 20-minute match -- the longest three-set match in the history of the year-end event. Saturdays epic ran a scintillating 3 hours, 38 minutes, which turns out to be the longest three-set match of the 2016 season.Thats a lot of mileage this close to the finish line.I dont know how Ill feel tomorrow, Murray said after the match. Obviously, tired just now because it was a really hard match. It wasnt just that it was physically hard, it was mentally a tough match, too.It was pretty stressful.Murray, who made the one-hour commute to his suburban home when he played day matches, will be staying at a Thames-side hotel. After the match, he immersed himself in an ice bath, stretched and had a massage from his physio. Murray said hed go through another round of recovery and try to sleep in as late as possible. Hes scheduled to practice at 2:30 local time, 3? hours before the final.Murray, riding an enormous wave of momentum, has won 22 consecutive matches, matching his career high set earlier this year.But his personal on-court history with Djokovic -- they first met 18 years ago in junior tennis -- is not terribly pleasant. Djokovic has a commanding 24-10 record in their head-to-head matches, and upon closer examination, its even more lopsided in recent years.After Murray broke through with his first Grand slam singles title at the 2012 US Open, Djokovic held an 8-7 advantage. Since then, the Serb has won 16 of 19, including the finals of the two majors hes won this year, the Australian Open and French Open.And theres this delicious symmetry: After beating Murray in four sets to win the long-sought-after career Grand Slam in Paris, Djokovic lost his way. Here, he has a chance to beat Murray again, finish the season on a breathtaking high and set himself up for the 2017 season.Since the beginning of 2011, Djokovic has dominated mens tennis, winning 11 of 24 Grand Slam singles titles. For context, consider the other 13 major winners over the past half-dozen years: Rafael Nadal (5), Stan Wawrinka and Murray (3 each), and Roger Federer and Marin Cilic (1 each).In that span, the only time Djokovic finished with the No. 2 year-end ranking was 2013, when Nadal won two Slams. Djokovic regained the top spot the following summer after winning Wimbledon, and for 122 weeks, he did not relinquish it. That glorious run ended two weeks ago in Paris, when Murray -- after slowly reeling Djokovic in following Roland Garros -- took the No. 1 ranking for the very first time.In this year-end event that is without Federer and Nadal, its appropriate these two are in the final with so much at stake. They are the best in mens tennis, and it seems likely they could continue their dominance for a few more years.Hopefully, we can have a good final, Djokovic told the pro-Murray crowd. Its really a privilege to be part of this history with Andy. There are two of us on the court.Lets try to enjoy the occasion. Air Max 97 Silver Bullet 2018 . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Air Max Classic Bw Ireland .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. http://www.maxshoesireland.com/air-max-tavas-47-ys/ . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. SYDNEY -- Sit back and enjoy the ride. Thats Jordan Spieths message to Dallas Cowboys fans.But be sure to keep any thoughts of gloating away from social media, too; until they reach the playoffs, at least.Ive been quieter on social media this year about it, Im kind of just like just let them do their thing, Spieth said at Royal Sydney Golf Club, where he is preparing to play in the Australian Open.But come Super Bowl time, if they go through the process and make it there, then we can go nuts ... most people arent Cowboys fans and Ive realized Ill just keep to myself [until then].Currently riding an eight-game winning streak and three games clear at the top of the NFC East, the Cowboys are the hottest team in the NFL.And its all been without star quarterback Tony Romo, with?Dak Prescott thriving in the hot seat of one of the NFLs most scrutinized franchises.Its incredible what theyre doing, Spieth said of the Cowboys.I think they actually just recently named that Dak was going to stay the starter, I think Jerry Jones named that, he continued when asked whether Prescott should retain the starting spot.Its awesome to have two fantastic quarterbacks on the team when we were kind of really struggling last year with Tony out. [Its] fun to watch. I hope I actually get to go back and get to a couple of games. It looks like theyre going to make it into February - so to the Super Bowl.Spieth said Dallas was a ddifferent place when the Cowboys were winning. Nike Vapormax For Sale Mens. I mean when the Cowboys are playing well, the city of Dallas is just rocking, its just a different vibe.Texas is just a huge football state, so its a lot of fun at home now and hopefully [Ill] get to a couple of games.Before he heads back to the U.S. to take in some Cowboys action, Spieths focus is firmly on this weeks Australian Open -- a tournament he won two years ago before his runner-up finish in 2015.This year hasnt reached the lofty heights of his amazing five-win 2015 season, but Spieth said he was maybe a little disappointed really only with the second half of the PGA Tour.I got myself into position early on this year, I mean Hawaii was a better performance than any of the ones in 15, he said.And then the Masters, I got myself into position there, a couple of swings away from another major and then, where else, Colonial, winning the way we did there was a lot of fun, too.So it was just the second half of the year where I would say I maybe tried just a bit too hard, didnt let it come to me, was getting a little frustrated with the lack of first-place finishes; I guess, even though if you win five times a year from the amount of time I expect to be on tour, Ill have more than Tiger [Woods]. So its unrealistic.Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: