sco. Hundley reinjured his left ankle early in the sesco. Hundley reinjured his left ankle early in the se | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Oct 16 '19
BALTIMORE -- Adam Jones and the Baltimore Orioles found yet another way to win, this time in extra innings on a grounder to the pitcher. Kansas City Royals Shirts .Jones scored the decisive run in the 10th inning on a low throw to the plate by right-hander Jordan Lyles, and the Orioles beat the Colorado Rockies 3-2 on Monday night for their fifth straight victory.On Sunday, Baltimore defeated Cleveland in the bottom of the ninth on a two-out homer after the Indians allowed a runner to reach on a strikeout.For an encore, the Orioles again capitalized on a miscue by the opposition.Jones reached on a one-out single off the third-base bag and took third on a single by Jonathan Schoop. Manny Machado followed with a comebacker to Lyles, who fumbled the ball before throwing home. Catcher Nick Hundley caught the ball near the ground and lost the handle while attempting to tag the sliding Jones.It doesnt matter how you score, Jones said. As long as you win the game, thats all that matters.Lyles (2-3) was charged with an error.I made a good pitch to Machado to get a ground ball, Lyles said. I caught it and looked what to do next and it fell out of my glove. It was just a dumb play. ... Thats a tough way to lose a game.Getting two RBI from Jones, the Orioles climbed a season-high 18 games over .500 (58-40) and improved to a major league best 37-14 at home.Its good to get a win any way you get it this time of year, manager Buck Showalter said.Chaz Roe (1-0) worked the 10th for the victory.Nolan Arenado homered for the Rockies, whose four-game winning streak ended.Colorado outfielder David Dahl went 1 for 4 with two strikeouts in his major league debut. Picked 10th overall in the 2012 draft, the 22-year-old was summoned from Triple-A Albuquerque early Monday and traveled across the country from California to Camden Yards.I was very anxious, very excited and it was a great atmosphere, Dahl said.His first hit in the big leagues was a single up the middle in the seventh inning. He advanced on a wild pitch and scored on a single by Mark Reynolds to give the Rockies a 2-1 lead.One of the most surprising aspects of the game occurred in the field, where Arenado made two errors at third base. The three-time Gold Glove Award winner botched a grounder in the first inning and threw wildly to first base in the second, a mistake that led to an unearned run.Arenado came into the game with just one error in 96 games this season.Seeking his 100th career victory, Colorado lefty Jorge De La Rosa got locked in a duel with Yovani Gallardo and failed to get a decision. Coming off a miserable outing in which he gave up a career-high nine runs to Tampa Bay, De La Rosa allowed two runs, one earned, and four hits in 6 1/3 innings.He entered the seventh with a 2-1 lead but was lifted after hitting a batter and giving up a double. Jones greeted Adam Ottavino with a run-scoring groundout.Gallardo gave up two runs and five hits in 6 2/3 innings.After Jones singled in a second-inning run, Arenado led off the fourth by sending a 1-0 pitch into the left-field seats. It was his 26th homer of the season and second in two games.MOVING ON UPJones lifted his RBI total with Baltimore to 702, passing Rafael Palmeiro to move into sole possession of seventh place on the teams career list. Brady Anderson is sixth with 744.TRAINERS ROOMOrioles: Matt Wieters returned to action after missing six straight games with a foot injury. ... OF Hyun Soo Kim (hamstring) homered in a rehab assignment with Double-A Bowie and could be activated as soon as Tuesday.UP NEXTRockies: Chad Bettis (8-6, 5.31 ERA) makes his 21st start of the season Tuesday night in the second game of the series. The Rockies are 7-1 in his last eight starts.Orioles: RHP Chris Tillman (14-2, 3.18) seeks his major league-leading 15th victory. Hes allowed one run over seven innings in each of his last four starts. Kansas City Royals Pro Shop . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Stitched Royals Jerseys . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. https://www.cheaproyals.com/ . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers arent in a hurry to get star receiver Jordy Nelson ready for the start of the season.Coach Mike McCarthy said Saturday that Nelson, who was recently activated from the physically unable to perform list, will practice when the Packers get back on the field Monday. But Nelson will be a limited participant.Hell go through the individual (drills), and then well kind of take it from there, McCarthy said. So first things first.After not playing last season because of a torn ACL in his right knee, Nelson missed the first three weeks of Green Bays training camp this summer with an injury to his other knee, which he called a hiccup.Teammates feel Nelson, a nine-year pro with more than 400 receptions, wont need much time to get acclimated with the first game of the season only three weeks away.I cant put a time on when another man is going to be comfortable, fellow receiver Davante Adams said. But I know Jordy, and I know hell be ready.Even Nelson isnt expecting too much right away, a year after he suffered the ACL injury in a preseason game.Nelson doesnt know if he will play Friday, when the Packers travel to San Francisco for their third of four preseason games.Obviously, well take this weeks practice and see how everything goes, and well continue to move forward, Nelson said.McCarthy said the plan is to have Nelson work a lot with quarterback Aaron Rodgers in one-on-one pass drills in practice next week even if they dont get a chance to play together in the game against the 49ers.The goal for Nelson is to play the Sept. 11 season opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars.As far as I know, Im going to be playing Week 1, he said.Nelson made the comment after the Packers 20-12 exhibition win over the Oakland Raiders on Thursday night.A day after the Packers removed him from the PUP list and had him do some indivvidual work in their closed practice, Nelson surprised many in the Lambeau Field crowd before Thursdays game. Kansas City Royals Store. He wore his uniform, helmet and pads and went through warmups with the team, including running routes and catching passes.Im sure they enjoyed it, Nelson said about the fans, especially when everyone said I wasnt suiting up (for the game), and then I went out and suited up.Though Nelson didnt play, he drew the biggest crowd of reporters among Packers players in their locker room after the game.You guys are bored, and its the preseason, Nelson told them in a joking manner.Adams, whose locker is next to Nelsons, took notice of the big media group and wondered aloud in jest why a player who only warmed up before a game would get so much attention.Its been big, Adams said about Nelsons return. Hes a key part of this team, and hes coming back with us now, so were excited. I would expect you guys to be excited about it, too.Nelson also seems happy to resume football activities. He smiled a lot on the field during the pregame warmups Thursday.Theres a lot thats gone into it, Nelson said. Its another step in the right direction. Its another step to be ready for Jacksonville. Well just continue to work that way.NOTE: McCarthy said backup QB Brett Hundley will be hard-pressed to practice next week, making him unlikely to play Friday at San Francisco. Hundley reinjured his left ankle early in the second quarter of Thursdays game on a hit by Raiders defensive end Khalil Mack just as Hundley threw a pass. When it happened, I screamed, Hundley said Saturday, adding, Well take it day by day and see where it goes from there.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' ' 
Share: