5,000 each for four, six, eight and 10 relief appearance | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Oct 15 '19
OAKLAND, California - Emilio Bonifacio was in the Blue Jays lineup, playing left field, for Tuesdays game against the Athletics. Fake Air Max 270 . The start was Bonifacios first since the All-Star break and fuelled speculation he was being showcased in a final push to deal him before Wednesdays 4 p.m. ET non-waiver trade deadline. Toronto won 5-0 and Bonifacio contributed, hitting his third home run of the season. "We want to get him a game," said manager John Gibbons. "You know what, Melkys still not running very good. In the game, when you get fly ball guys, were looking for wins and theyve got to flag them down out there. Thats the thinking behind that, plus Boni hasnt played in a while. He got a big hit the other day, you know, throw him a bone." Bonifacio has struggled in his first season with the Blue Jays. A part of the blockbuster deal which brought Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle to Toronto, the speedsters best asset – his speed – has hardly been utilized thanks to a paltry .254 on-base percentage. Back in spring training, most pundits thought the Blue Jays would be looking to add for a pennant run at the end of July. Instead, the club has stumbled to a 49-57 record and is caught in a deadline no mans land, certainly not a buyer but, for a variety of different reasons, also not a seller. Like Bonifacio, outfielder Rajai Davis is a speedster, a specific skill which can be a difference maker in crucial games. An impending free-agent, Davis knows his contract status makes him a candidate for trade. Players are commodities, of that theres no doubt in the business of baseball, but matters of life enter the equation. In Davis case, he and his wife are expecting their first child in September. A native of Norwich, Connecticut who still makes his home in the state, Davis prefers to tune out the chatter. "I just go about my business," said Davis. "(Keep to) my daily routine, staying focused on what I need to do on the field and off the field to help me stay competitive every day." General manager Alex Anthopoulos has received inquiries on a number of his relievers. Not a surprise, given the season put together by the Blue Jays bullpen. Darren Oliver, 42, pitched the ninth on Tuesday and surpassed the 1,900 inning mark for his career. It may have been his final outing for Toronto. "I take it as it comes," said Oliver. "I would think most guys shouldnt think about it. Its out of our control anyway. All were here to do is play baseball, play the game. If something happens it happens. If it doesnt, it doesnt. Its not going to stop me from doing what I do." The Rangers have had scouts at Jays games and there are reports Texas has sniffed around on Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion, although its hard to imagine Anthopoulos subtracting from the clubs core after going for broke in the offseason. "To me its just something to talk about today and not necessarily concrete," said Bautista. "Until something comes of it I dont think theres any need to be giving your opinion about it." What continues to confound, so deep into the season, is why this superstar roster hasnt been able to get on the same page. "We hate to blame one another because were a team so we all have to pull for one another," said Davis. "We have to play as a team, we have to do our part, we have to play better defense. We cant just blame it all on the pitchers. If we play good defense wed be out of a lot of the jams we get into. Thats tough. Pitching is one thing. Good defense is another." "We still have the potential for sure," said Bautista. "We have the same bodies. Unfortunately we havent been playing up to our capabilities. Weve had some injuries and some inconsistencies but other than that I feel strongly about our group and our chances and just the ability that we have of playing better as a team. We havent shown that." BUEHRLE RUNS SCORELESS STREAK TO 20 INNINGS Mark Buehrle is pitching his best baseball of the season. With seven innings of shutout ball on Tuesday, hes now gone 20-consecutive without allowing a run. The stretch dates back to the third inning of his start on July 20 against Tampa Bay. "Got lucky pitching in this park," said Buehrle. "Putting the ball in play, (I) gave up a lot of fly balls, which isnt like me. Outs are outs and I made pitches, I made some outs. I made mistakes. I think in the first inning I didnt make too many quality pitches and I got three outs." Buehrles ERA has dropped to 4.27 for the season. DELABAR IS EFFICIENT Steve Delabar pitched the eighth inning on Tuesday, striking out the side on only nine pitches. "Its pretty cool to do," said Delabar. "I dont think Ive ever done that in my life and I just did it in a big league game." Two other current Blue Jays, Esmil Rogers and Juan Perez, also have accomplished the feat. Fake Air Max 95 . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English football. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. Cheap Air Max 97 From China . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. http://www.airmaxsneakersonsale.com/cheap-air-max-200.html . -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second.LOS ANGELES -- The Beard is back in baseball. The Los Angeles Dodgers have signed free-agent reliever Brian Wilson to a one-year contract that guarantees $1 million for the rest of this season. He will join the team after pitching in the minors on a rehab assignment. "One thing we talked about was that quality power on the back end," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "Its one of the areas we felt could still help us." Wilson hasnt pitched in the majors since April 12, 2012, the same month he underwent Tommy John surgery on his right elbow. He threw in front of scouts last week, and Mattingly said the Dodgers representatives were happy with Wilsons location and velocity. Wilson was one of the majors top relievers from 2008-11 with the San Francisco Giants. He was a three-time All-Star and led the big leagues with 163 saves in 186 chances. He was a key reliever during the Giants run to the 2010 World Series championship, striking out 16 in 11 2-3 scoreleess innings in the post-season. Cheap Air Max 200 Mens. . He became a free agent after last season, when the Giants didnt offer him a contract. Wilson is 20-20 with 171 saves in 315 career games with the Giants. The 31-year-old pitcher has limited opposing hitters to a .238 batting average during his career with 340 strikeouts in 320 innings. His heavy black beard has taken on a life of its own, and helped make Wilson a celebrity. "We have some characters in there, so Im sure hell fit right in," Mattingly said. Wilson gets a $250,000 bonus when hes on the active 25-man major league roster for 10 days; would earn $25,000 each for four, six, eight and 10 relief appearances; and would get $50,000 apiece for 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 and 22. Wilsons deal also includes bonuses of $50,000 each for four, six, eight and 10 games finished, and $75,000 apiece for 12 and 14. He would get $75,000 if hes the league championship series MVP and $100,000 if hes the World Series MVP. ' ' ' 
Share: