d of a season there is just a little more maintenance that hd of a season there is just a little more maintenance that h | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Oct 15 '19
Michelle Payne is not yet guaranteed a licence to ride in Queensland with stewards to decide next week whether she can partner Husson Eagle at the Magic Millions carnival in January. Justin Jackson Kings Jersey .Payne holds a dual jockey-trainer licence in Victoria but that does not transfer to Queensland, or NSW.Racing NSWs policy is that a dual licence holder can only be classed as a trainer although Victorian jockeys representatives have asked for it to be revisited.RQ chief Steward Allan Reardon said Payne had contacted his office on Friday to clear up the situation.She said she would put in an application on Monday and we will consider it from there, Reardon said.At this stage I cant say one way or the other if she will be allowed to ride. But we should be able to make a decision some time next week.Payne is hoping Racing NSW changes its policy to allow her to ride Husson Eagle, trained by her brother Patrck, in next Saturdays Listed Starlight Stakes in Sydney on his way to the Gold Coast where he won the Magic Millions Sprint earlier this year. Dewayne Dedmon Jersey . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. Bruno Caboclo Kings Jersey . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. https://www.kingslockerroom.com/Iman-Shumpert-City-Edition-Jersey/ .J. -- Seven games into a disappointing season, New York Giants defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is getting the feeling hes back. BALTIMORE -- Stephen Strasburgs weary right elbow was stiff and in dire need of some rest, so the Washington Nationals put their winningest pitcher on the 15-day disabled list Monday.The right-hander was willing to pitch through the pain for the NL East-leading Nationals, but manager Dusty Baker had other plans.I told him we hadnt won anything yet and that we had to look at the big picture, Baker said. Hopefully hell be good in September and hopefully in October.Baker expected Strasburg (15-3, 3.59 ERA) to spend the minimum amount of time on the DL.He knows how bad we need him to pitch, the manager said. I had to explain to him that its not hero time.Asked if he considered it to be a precautionary move, Strasburg replied, One hundred percent.After bolting to a 15-1 start this season, Strasburg was 0-3 with a 14.66 ERA over his past three outings.The recovery after each start started to get a little bit more difficult, the 28-year-old said. I felt like I was losing range of motion and wasnt able to get that back in between starts. I am trying to make it better than it ever was, I guess, and hopefully that will translate into good performance down the road.Strasburg missed 17 games from June 19 to July 3 while on the disabled list with an upper-back strain. Richaun Holmes Jersey. He hoped to avoid another trip to the DL, but Baker decided it was the right thing to do.I feel as a pitcher, a competitor, as long as its good enough you think you can just go out there and pitch, Strasburg said. I wanted to go out there and give it a go.His performance recently suggested it was better just to take a seat for a couple of weeks or so.He came to us and we made the decision for him, Baker said.Strasburgs right elbow has been a concern of the team -- and the pitcher -- ever since he underwent elbow ligament replacement surgery in September 2010.Being a Tommy John guy, getting through the grind of a season there is just a little more maintenance that has to go with it, he said.Strasburg said he might change his regimen between starts, opting to work less with weights and more on flexibility.Your arm works a little bit differently when you do have surgery like that, he said.Strasburg was scheduled to start Monday night at Camden Yards against the Baltimore Orioles. Washington recalled righty A.J. Cole to start in his place. ' ' ' 
Share: