in its quarter-final game while the Swedes | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 24 '17
Building on the momentum his team built after coming within one made basket of a second round playoff berth, Masai Ujiri appeared on TSN 1050 to discuss the teams press conference to announce the re-signing of their starting point guard and how the Raptors expect their all but finalized roster to compete next season. Nikita Kucherov Jersey . “For him to commit to us says a lot about him, it says a lot about our fans, it says a lot about the organization and where were trying to go,” Ujiri said of Lowrys new four-year, $48 million contract. Besides Lowry, the GM was also able to re-sign key reserves Greivis Vasquez and Patrick Patterson, and were reportedly in agreement to bring back former Raptor James Johnson. Asked about how the team will be able to build off their success last season, Ujiri said the focus is giving the roster time to fulfill its potential. “I think its patience and growth and you keep building slowly – were not going to make any crazy moves,” Ujiri said. “Were going to give these guys the opportunity to keep growing. “Well keep trying to grow as a team, thats where we are. Its not a time to make any crazy decisions. Our goal was to bring everybody back to build continuity and thats what were doing.” Ujiri: Lowry signing, building a contender Custom Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys . The 24-year-old Raley was 0-2 with a 9.00 ERA for Chicago in his first two career starts after being called up from Iowa on Aug. 7. He was optioned to Iowa on Monday after losing 3-0 to Cincinnati in Chicago on Sunday. Andrej Sustr Jersey .com) - Calgary Flames forward Johnny Gaudreau has been selected as the NHLs Rookie of the Month for December, the league announced Friday.IMATRA, Finland -- Canada is off to the semifinal round at the world under-18 hockey championship, thanks to Travis Konecny. Konecnys third-period goal earned Canada a 3-2 quarter-final victory over Switzerland on Thursday. He scored with 30 seconds remaining in regulation after Switzerland had tied it earlier in the period. Switzerland pulled goalie Gauthier Descloux for the extra attacker afterwards but couldnt beat Canadian netminder Mason McDonald to force overtime. "I think its the same old story, were finding a way," Canadian team coach Kevin Dineen said after the game. "But weve got to do a much better job of showing up the way we play. "Hockey Canada put together some good character players and some talented players. I think weve survived on our talent, now we have to start relying on a little more character." Canada, which finished the preliminary round atop Group A, faces the Czech Republic in the semifinals Saturday in Lapeenranta, Finland. The Czechs, who were second to the U.S. in Group B, advanced with 3-2 quarter-final win over Russia here. John Quenneville and Jake Virtanen had the other goals for Canada, the defending tournament champion. McDonald stopped 19 shots. Dominik Diem and Kevin Fiala replied for Switzerland, which outshot Canada 21-17 but was just 1-for-7 on the man advantage. "Our penalty kill really stood out and I give a lot of credit to our defence, they had a really solid game," Dineen said. "That group really made a difference for us, it was a really satisfying win from that perspective." However, Dineen felt his players didnt make things easy for themselves throughout the game. "Undisciplined penalties, I thought, were an issue for us," he said. "We put ourselves in a lot of disadvvantages, not just in terms of manpower but wearing out the body over and over. Martin St. Louis Jersey. . "Also, our puck decisions have to be better, both in our defensive zone and at the opponents blue-line. I think we were just a little bit too cute and it kept on coming back on us." Diem opened the scoring at 7:50 of the first before Virtanen tied it on the power play at 17:28. Quenneville, a second cousin to Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville, had the lone goal of the second, putting Canada ahead 2-1 with an even-strength marker at 11:58. But the Swiss tied it again on Fialas power-play goal at 15:43 of the third, setting the stage for Konecnys late-period heroics. "We got the right guys on the ice and fortunately ended up with the puck," Dineen said "Even though it wasnt overtime it was pretty dramatic nonetheless. "I thought the Swiss played a heck of a game, they were the better team for stretches. We mightve learned a pretty good lesson and survived this one. Were not going to be that fortunate against the Czechs. Were going to have to change the way we do our business to have that success." Dineen saw some of the Czech Republic-Russia game and was impressed with the Czechs resilience. "I thought in all honesty the Russians played very well but obviously they (Czechs) are a worthy opponent and found a way to stick around," Dineen said. "Theyre pesky and at the end of the night ended up with the win." The Americans take on Sweden in the other semifinal Saturday. The U.S. beat Slovakia 6-2 in its quarter-final game while the Swedes advanced with a lopsided 10-0 victory over Finland. The semifinal victors will meet Sunday in the tournament final after the losers square off in the bronze medal game. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: