game after Jordan Staal, said he was surprised and excited to be taken by Toronto. H | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Sep 23 '19
MADRID -- Gerard Pique says the 2018 World Cup in Russia will be his final tournament with Spain because he feels he is not wanted in the national team. Gene Garber Jersey .The Barcelona defender made the announcement after Spains 2-0 win at Albania on Sunday in European qualifying for the World Cup. Spain currently tops Group G, with only first place giving automatic qualification.I always give everything I have on the field, but there are people who think its better if Im not here, Pique said. After Russia, a stage will have ended for me.The player is often jeered by many Spaniards because of his pro-Catalonia stance. He recently appeared to support a pro-independence move by the Catalan region, upsetting those who opposed it.Pique stirred a social media controversy during Sundays match by cutting the sleeves of his soccer jersey instead of changing into the short sleeves which have the colors of the Spanish flag. He said the long sleeves were bothering him.Pique said his decision to retire had already been made before this latest controversy.Its not a `heat of the moment decision, Ive given a lot of thought to this. the 29-year-old Pique said. Its not because of what happened today, its because I always give my best on the field and, although there are some people who have thanked me, some dont think its OK for me to be here.The defender said he also wants to give way for younger players.You need to give them some space, Pique said. Ill be 31, Ive won everything with the national team. Ill try to play my 100th game with the team, and I want to win the World Cup again, which is the most important thing.Pique, who has two children with his long-term partner, Colombian singer Shakira, helped Spain win the 2010 World Cup and the 2012 European Championship.With Barcelona, he won six Spanish league titles, as well as three club World Cups and three Champions Leagues.Life goes on, he said. I still want to be with Barcelona for several years.The Spanish football federation released a statement supporting the player. Freddie Freeman Braves Jersey .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. Grant Dayton Jersey . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. https://www.cheapbraves.com/813o-peter-moylan-jersey-braves.html . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. NEWARK, N.J. -- The Toronto Maple Leafs picked up size and depth in Sundays NHL draft in the former of Rimouski centre Frederik Gauthier. But they will likely have to wait for their 21st overall pick to make his presence felt in the NHL. "Hes big," Toronto GM Dave Nonis said when asked about his first-round pick. "Hes a big man." Gauthier is one for the future and, at six foot four and 215 pounds, the 18-year-old from Laval, Que., is a load. Hes billed as a strong two-way player who led first-year Quebec Major Junior Hockey League players in faceoff percentage. He ranked eighth among North American skaters, according to NHL Central Scouting. "Ive never seen a kid get back and play defence like he does in 20 years," said Chris Bordeleau of NHL Central Scouting. "In his own end, hes always around the puck. A kid that can play defence like he does at his age, with that kind of maturity, is very rare." Gauthier had 22 goals and 28 assists in his first season with the Oceanic, to rank fourth among rookies. He also helped Canada earn a gold medal at the 2013 Under-18 World Championship in Russia with a goal and three assists in seven games. Nonis said the Leafs had four or five players in mind with their first ppick and had looked into moving up. Ender Inciarte Jersey. But they abandoned the effort after deducing that Gauthier would still be there when their turn came around. "He fills a need long-term for us," said Nonis. "I dont expect that well see him shortly but hes come a long way in a short amount of time. He was playing midget hockey not too long ago." Gauthier will come to rookie camp with the Leafs. "Someone asked me earlier how long is it going to take for him. Its going to take as long as it takes," said Nonis. "Theres not going to be any rushing of any of these players. We want to do a better job of being as deep as we can be so we can keep the players where they should be playing until theyre developed and ready to come and play for us." Gauthier, who says he models his game after Jordan Staal, said he was surprised and excited to be taken by Toronto. He had spoken to the team at the recent NHL Combine. "Ill try and make the NHL next year for sure," he said. "And if I dont, Ill go back to Rimouski and play junior and continue at school." Nonis said he looked at moving higher in the draft but the price was too steep. "The assets to move up didnt make any sense." ' ' '
Share: