s are not easy, Webb said. It got rough in that second moto. We all had good starts, so I figured it was going to be a battle, and it was. Everyone was riding well | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Sep 22 '19
Devin Duvernay was the prized jewel of Baylors 2016 recruiting class, an elite wide receiver whom former coach Art Briles called the fastest football player weve ever signed in February. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys . In the highest-rated recruiting class in Bears history, he was supposed to be their No. 1 recruit.Which makes for an uncomfortable reunion Saturday afternoon when No. 8 Baylor takes on Texas, and Duvernay is right in the middle of it.I havent talked to anyone there, Duvernay said last week. I just expect to go out there and play and do our best to win.Along with Duvernay, an ESPN 300 receiver, the two other highest-rated ESPN 300 members of the Bears once-top-10 rated class -- Patrick Hudson and J.P. Urquidez -- enrolled at Texas in the fallout of Baylors handling of sexual assault allegations made against students, including football players.Undoubtedly, Texas was the biggest beneficiary when Baylor released eight Class of 2016 signees from their national letters of intent. But Duvernays case was the most complicated of them all, and hes the only one who will play for the Longhorns on Saturday.The Duvernay brothers -- Devin and twin Donovan, a three-star defensive back -- were three days away from enrolling at Baylor this summer when Briles lost his job.Before Baylors freshmen were scheduled to arrive, Baylors board of regents released the scathing summary of the findings of the Pepper Hamilton law firms investigation into the schools handling of sexual assault complaints. Since then, four federal Title IX lawsuits have been filed against Baylor. Further, the U.S. Department of Education has opened its own investigation into the universitys handling of Title IX cases after receiving a complaint from Patty Crawford, Baylors former Title IX coordinator.Briles was removed as head coach on May 26. That week, the Duvernay family -- from Sachse, Texas -- was packed and ready to go to Waco, said Henry Duvernay (Devin and Donovans father). The family was planning to move the twins into their dorms on May 29. They canceled that trip and filed requests to be released from the Baylor national letters of intent soon after learning Briles was out. But on June 1, they learned Devin was not actually bound to an NLI.Baylor had failed to fax Devins NLI paperwork to the Big 12 office. Henry Duvernay said he still doesnt know how that error was made. But once compliance officials made the revelation, Devin became a free agent.When word got out on June 2, the Duvernays got calls or messages from more than 40 schools.The phone was ringing off the hook, Henry said. I put it down by about 7 p.m. and I stopped answering it.Devin had his heart set on playing for Briles and the Bears. And despite the paperwork mistake, Baylor stilled hoped he would honor his commitment.Baylor interim coach Jim Grobe tried to persuade Devin and the rest of the recruits to stick with Baylor. But Grobe knew what he was up against from rival recruiters.As the process played out, we wanted kids that wanted to be at Baylor at Baylor, Grobe said. We didnt care if the kids moved on to other schools. Wed be disappointed, because we need them here. But in the long run, I want the kids to be happy.Duvernay said his concerns were related to losing the coaches he had relationships with and also living with the fallout from the scandal.Hearing theyd be all gone and not knowing what would happen and if there would be any bowl sanctions or penalties and stuff, I just wanted to be safe and get out, Duvernay said.The brothers narrowed their focus to Texas and TCU. Theyd grown up fans of the Longhorns thanks to their uncle, former MLB player and Texas alum Calvin Murray. When Devin restarted his recruitment in June, he said Texas assistant coach Jeff Traylor was on me hard -- and so were Texas freshmen Shane Buechele, Brandon Jones and Reggie Hemphill-Mapps. So Devin made a visit to Texas on June 11.New offensive coordinator Sterlin Gilbert sold Devin on a familiar vision of rebuilding Texas offense. Gilbert hails from the Briles coaching tree and said he leaned on Briles very heavily when deciding whether to take the Texas job last December. During Devins visit, Gilbert explained his plans to utilize his version of Briles offense, one of the many factors that won Devin over.I felt comfortable with Coach [Charlie] Strong and just felt like they have a ton of talent and the futures bright here, Devin said. I felt like I could come join and help out.Two and a half weeks after he was supposed to move into his Baylor dorm, Devin committed to Texas. Donovans release and commitment followed shortly. Along with Hudson and Urquidez, they enrolled in July.Devins speed and athleticism have already made a difference for Texas offense. The other three have some catching up to do. Donovan is redshirting this season, as are Hudson and Urquidez. Of the eight recruits who bailed on Baylor, five have ended up playing right away: Devin, Kameron Martin (Auburn), DeQuinton Osborne (Oklahoma State), Parrish Cobb (Oklahoma) and Brandon Bowen (TCU).Despite losing the bulk of its historic recruiting class, Baylor is 6-0 and ranked No. 8 in the AP poll. Grobe said he feels no animosity about Devins decision, and he praised the receiver this week.Speed, speed and more speed, Grobe said. We didnt miss on that guy. We thought he was really, really special and hes proved that to us. When you watch him run by people, it makes your heart skip a little bit because you know youve got to go defend that guy.And as Devin prepares for the team he was supposed to join, he is finding his fit in Texas offense. He is the guy who can outrun everybody. He has flashed his 10.27 100-meter dash speed with touchdowns of 63, 75 and 80 yards on long bombs from Buechele and leads the team in receiving yards.In practice, its always fun seeing if I can throw it as far as I can, to see if I do overthrow him, Buechele said. It hasnt happened yet.Henry Duvernay thinks his son will experience some jitters on Saturday afternoon when he lines up against the Baylor players he knows well and sees the assistant coaches hed signed to play for (who stayed after Grobe was fired). But Devin wont be lacking any confidence.I dont think anyone can cover me, he said. Cheap Jerseys From China . Just not the game. Kyle Palmieri scored two straight goals in the third period to rally the Anaheim Ducks past the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Tuesday night. Authentic College Football Jerseys .ca. Kerry,  Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count?  All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. http://www.cheapcollegejerseys.net/ . Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. BUCHANAN, Mich. -- Ken Roczen won the RedBud National on Saturday for his fifth victory in the first six Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship events of the season, sweeping the 450 Class motos.The RCH Suzuki rider from Germany has won 11 of the first 12 motos this season, and likely would have won all 12 had he not had bike issues while leading at Glen Helen. He has 11 career 450 victories.Weve been doing good work over the whole year, Roczen said. I have to give it up to my team because I went from riding maybe the worst bike Ive had all year, we made some changes (going into the moto), to the best bike Ive had all year (in the second moto). We crushed it in that second moto, and I couldnt be happier right now.Kawasakis Eli Tomac was second in both motos. Suzukis Broc Tickle, from Holly, Michigan, was third overall, finishing fourth in the first moto and third in the second. Red Bull KTM factory star Ryan Dungey missed his third event after cracking a vertebra at Thunder Valley.Roczen leads second--place Tomac by 53 points in the season standings with six events left. Stitched NCAA Jerseys. Yamahas Cooper Webb raced to his second straight 250 Class victory, sweeping the motos to take the points lead. Fellow Yamaha rider Alex Martin was second overall, finishing third in each moto. Husqvarnas Zach Osborne was third, finishing fifth in the first moto and second in the second.Its definitely not easy (to win). The Nationals are not easy, Webb said. It got rough in that second moto. We all had good starts, so I figured it was going to be a battle, and it was. Everyone was riding well and I knew theyd be right there. Were all going fast and everyone wants to win, so its not like youre going to dominate. Luckily, I was able to get it done today.Webb leads Kawasakis Joey Savatgy by 11 points. Savatgy was seventh overall Saturday. He was second in the first moto and 16th in the second. ' ' '
Share: