hird quarter. The officials called a technical foul and imhird quarter. The officials called a technical foul and im | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Sep 21 '19
NASSAU, Bahamas -- The return of Tiger Woods was more about the big picture than any of his big numbers. Nike React Element 55 Kopen .And that started with the sight of that red shirt on Sunday.Woods grumbled about three more double bogeys in the final round of the Hero World Challenge. Considering how badly he has felt in the 15 months since he last played, he still was able to keep it in perspective.It feels good to be back out here playing again, competing and trying to beat the best players in the world, Woods said. I missed it. I love it.He even loved some of his golf at Albany.Woods made 24 birdies, the most of anyone this week. He also had six double bogeys, three of them in the final round. The last one on the final hole, his third of the week on the 18th, gave him a 4-over 76. It was the highest score of the tournament, and he finished 15th in the 17-man field.The other players were not about to measure him by his score -- not yet, anyway.The whole world is watching a couple of rounds of golf, said British Open champion Henrik Stenson, who finished second to Hideki Matsuyama . Its great to see him back and healthy and playing. I want to see him up in contention and try to beat him when it matters the most.Give him three or four tournaments, maybe six tournaments, maybe around the Masters, he said. Its easy to overanalyze a very limited amount of golf.Rarely has a December event attracted this much curiosity. Woods, the dominant player of his generation, had gone 466 days since his previous tournament because of two back surgeries. The recovery at times made it difficult for him to walk and led him to wonder if he would ever play.Getting back to this point is beyond anything that Ive ever experienced in my lifetime, said Woods, who turns 41 at the end of the month. The pain issues that I had, it was rough. Quite frankly, there some pretty dire times where I just couldnt move.Woods showed no stress in his swing or in walking five straight rounds, starting with the pro-am. He had plenty of length, at times going after his driver with a little more pop to clear a bunker. He holed a few long putts . He missed a few short ones. At times, he looked like he had never been away for that long. And at times it did.Its kind of new to me again, the feel of playing, the feel of adrenaline in my system, hitting shots, Woods said.One day after he briefly pulled within two shots of the lead, it was clear early on this day would be a struggle.Woods was scrambling for pars instead of being in a position to attack pins. He twice made double bogey on a par 5, starting at No. 6 when he blasted out of the sandy area to the back side of a double green, forcing him to chip off the putting surface. Still, he rallied with three straight birdies to play the front nine in even par.He was never going to win the tournament -- Matsuyama was too far ahead -- but it was a chance to post a decent number and take more positives into what figures to be a two-month offseason. Instead, Woods added two more double bogeys and shot 40 on the back nine.He made his third double bogey of the week on the 18th hole without even going into the water. His tee shot landed in a thick palmetto bush, and he had to take a penalty drop to take it out. Just his luck, his drop in the sandy waste area settled right in front of the nub of another bush. He got that back to the fairway, went just over the green and took two putts from there for his 6.What he did here showed that hes certainly up for the task and his game is there. Hes ready to go, Jordan Spieth said. Even with Tiger, every time we set expectations, he exceeds them.Woods at least starts his climb from No. 898 in the world, the product of not playing since Aug. 23, 2015.He said he wants to play a full schedule in 2017 -- that typically means no more than about 20 a year -- and will look at his options over the next few weeks.I need to play more tournaments. Zero in 15 months is not a lot, so this is one, Woods said. I thought I made some good, positive things happen this week. Made a lot of birdies, also made a lot of mistakes. Thats something I know I can clean up.His caddie, Joe LaCava, offered the best perspective.I wasnt going to compare him to the rest of the field. Theyve been playing all year and theyve been playing great, LaCava said. Honestly, my goal was to get him through five rounds on his feet. That was big. Nike Epic React Flyknit Dames . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. Nike Vapormax Sale Nederland . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. http:///...oop-kopen/dames.html .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. BASEBALLARLINGTON, Texas -- Proponents of Arlington taxpayer funding for a $1 billion retractable-roof Texas Rangers stadium have won approval.With 98 percent of the vote counted, voters approved by a 60-to-40-percent margin the extension of a half-cent sales tax, 2 percent hotel-occupancy tax and 5 percent car-rental tax for a new home for the Major League Baseball team. That revenue now goes to defraying Arlingtons $155 million debt on its share of the cost of the NFL Dallas Cowboys AT&T Stadium, which opened in 2009.The vote also allows a 10 percent admission tax and a $3 parking tax for the Rangers use, the same deal reached for the Cowboys.Although the Rangers hadnt publicly threatened to leave, a team representative held preliminary talks with Dallas officials about a covered stadium there.NEW YORK -- First baseman Anthony Rizzo and right fielder Jason Heyward from the World Series champion Chicago Cubs have won Gold Glove awards.San Francisco star Buster Posey was picked at catcher in the National League, ending Yadier Molinas eight-year reign with St. Louis. Posey was joined by a pair of Giants teammates, the double-play combination of shortstop Brandon Crawford and second baseman Joe Panik.Colorado third baseman Nolan Arenado won for the fourth consecutive year, and Arizona pitcher Zack Greinke took his third straight Gold Glove. Other winners in the NL were Atlanta center fielder Ender Inciarte and Pittsburgh left fielder Starling Marte.Young shortstop Francisco Lindor from AL champion Cleveland was a first-time winner, along with Texas first baseman Mitch Moreland, Detroit second baseman Ian Kinsler, New York Yankees left fielder Brett Gardner and Boston right fielder Mookie Betts.Kansas City catcher Salvador Perez won his fourth Gold Glove in a row, Houston pitcher Dallas Keuchel took his third straight and Tampa Bay center fielder Kevin Kiermaier repeated from last year.Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre was rewarded for the fifth time overall.COLLEGE FOOTBALLWashington moved into fourth in the College Football Playoff rankings, putting the four remaining unbeaten teams from the Power Five conferences at the top of the selection committees second top 25.Alabama, Clemson and Michigan still hold the top three spots.The committees first ranking of the season caused a bit of a stir because the unbeaten Huskies were behind Texas A&M last week. The Aggies then went out and lost at Mississippi State to clear up the mini-controversy.Ohio State is behind Washington at fifth.COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M quarterback Trevor Knight will miss the rest of the reggular season with a right shoulder injury. Vapormax Plus Kopen. Knight was injured on Saturday in the 10th-ranked Aggies loss to Mississippi State. Coach Kevin Sumlin announced that he wouldnt return for the regular season, but says they expect him to return for Texas A&Ms bowl game. Sumlin added that Knight does not need surgery, but did not provide further details on his injury.With Knight out the Aggies will go with Jake Hubenak, a junior who has appeared in three games this season. Hubenak was 11 of 17 for 222 yards with two touchdowns and an interception in Texas A&Ms 35-28 loss to Mississippi State on Saturday.Knight is in his first season with the Aggies after transferring as a graduate student from Oklahoma. He threw for 1,911 yards and 13 touchdowns and ran for 583 yards and 10 more scores.The Aggies host Mississippi on Saturday.SOCCERNike and Cristiano Ronaldo have extended their long-term sponsorship deal.The Portuguese soccer star has had a contract with Nike since 2003 and wears its Mercurial cleats. In a video released by the Beaverton, Oregon-based apparel maker, he suggested the deal was for life, although terms werent released.Ronaldo said in a statement released Tuesday by the company: I have a great relationship with this brand, I have great friends here in the company. We work as a family, too. This is my brand.Ronaldo, a three-time world player of the year, is captain of the Portuguese national team that won the European Championship this year.On Monday, the 31-year old signed a new five-year contract with Real Madrid that runs through June 2021. Ronaldo has scored 372 goals in 360 matches for Real Madrid, helping the team to two Champions League titles and the La Liga crown since joining it in 2009.BASKETBALLNEW YORK -- Indiana Pacers forward Paul George has been fined $15,000 for inadvertently kicking the ball into the stands during a victory over Chicago.The NBA announced the fine.George appeared to be upset Saturday night when no foul was called after he took a shot. He kicked the ball after drawing a foul on the Bulls ensuing possession. The ball went into the stands with 1:42 left in the third quarter. The officials called a technical foul and immediately ejected the three-time All-Star.After the game, George said he intended to kick the ball into the basketball stanchion and joked that his soccer skills were not as good as he thought. George also said he apologized to the fan who was hit by the ball. The fan was not injured. ' ' ' 
Share: