roud to represent their country. Its a very close-knit group; they love being from here, theyre very proud to be Australian and h | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Sep 20 '19
It brought a smile to North Queensland CEO Greg Tonners face - but Cowboys coach Paul Green had a major complaint with the 2017 NRL season draw. Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys .A delighted Tonner praised the NRL for granting the Cowboys a dream season start with six home games in the first nine weeks.However, Green had a problem with the way the regular season ended - a round 26 blockbuster against arch rivals Brisbane in Townsville.The last four derbies have been decided by one point or in extra-time and Green expected more of the same in the regular season finale - much to his frustration.Green said having another hard fought derby leading into the finals was the last thing he wanted.To be honest I am a bit disappointed (about round 26 clash), he said.From our point of view we dont need another blockbuster like that leading into finals.It just adds another week of finals if we are lucky enough to qualify.Green said there was no need to pump up the finals by having a Queensland derby in round 26.The finals get their own momentum, he said.They (Queensland derbies) are always big clashes and I dont expect next year to be any different.That is such a big game for the club and from a footy point of view, when we play it through the mid-part of the year it generates interest for everyone. Ted Simmons Cardinals Jersey . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans.  The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. Jose Martinez Jersey . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. https:///...ersey-cardinals.html . PETERSBURG, Fla. As the Australian Boomers step into the international departure terminal on Wednesday ahead of the long trip to Brazil, the coach of the American Pac-12 All Stars has poured cold water on their dream of a groundbreaking gold medal at Rio.Since converging in Australia for a pre-Olympics training camp and then two matches against the All-Stars, the Boomers have been united in their belief they can claim a podium finish and even perhaps shock the world by winning gold.The Aussies have never won a medal at the Olympics, their best results fourth-placed finishes in 1988, 1996 and 2000.Speaking in Melbourne ahead of the two exhibition matches, star point guard Patty Mills said the entire squad believed a gold medal was within reach.Our goal is gold - weve dreamt about it from when we were little kids, laying in bed dreaming about it, getting that gold medal put around our necks on the podium. To put that into reality [would be amazing], he said. Were going to the Olympics not to just participate, but to try to win a gold medal. We all believe in it.It was a view shared by fellow NBA star Matthew Dellavedova, and Australian coach Andrej Lemanis, who said: Its something weve spoken about as a team and we believe we have enough talent and enough chemistry to go to Rio and be successful. I dont think its any secret that as a team weve set our sights on the gold medal.However, Pac-12 coach Mike Montgomery said while he respected a lot about the Boomers, he didnt see them taking home the ultimate prize at Rio.Its going to be difficult for them, realistically, he said. I dont know whos playing for all the various countries ... but its going to be difficult.They [the Boomers] do play very well together, they understand their strengths and weaknnesses. St. Louis Cardinals Gear. . If they continue to move the ball well, and be physical, theyll have a chance. But the U.S team is awfully strong; theyre a little bit weakened after some guys elected not to play but theyre still awfully good.[But], why would you go into any tournament not thinking youre going to win it? That certainly has to be your goal. Itll be fun to watch them.Montgomerys squad, made up of some of the best college talent in the U.S, pushed the Boomers hard in their first clash before the Boomers lifted several gears to secure a dominant 30-point win in the second game.Montgomery said Australias physicality, team spirit and high-pressure defence would give them the best chances against the premier teams in the world, adding the availability of hobbled big man Andrew Bogut could prove crucial.Theyre not as athletic as they need to be, I think they know that. We were able to create some opportunities with our kids and our quickness and they have to work so hard in team defence to disrupt things, the former NBA and Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame coach said.[But] theyre strong, theyre physical. The thing about the Australians that I really like is they are very, very proud to represent their country. Its a very close-knit group; they love being from here, theyre very proud to be Australian and have done well as a result of that.I doubt Bogut will play, maybe he will, and he gives them such great inside presence, and they shoot the ball well and execute well. Theyre going to have to play very very hard to have a chance with the level of competition at the Olympics but I think they will do that. ' ' ' 
Share: