e aggressive.Thats kind of my ment | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Dec 25 '17
VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- The Chicago Blackhawks got to celebrate twice Saturday night. Bart Starr Jersey .Not bad for a team down three goals after 40 minutes.Marian Hossa scored late in overtime, capping a rally to overcome a three-goal deficit that gave the Blackhawks a 4-3 victory over the Vancouver Canucks.Hossa scored after Jonathan Toews apparent winner 31 seconds into OT was overturned on a video review that showed Chicago to be offside.Its tough, Chicago goalie Scott Darling said. You get that sigh of relief and all of a sudden its taken back from you.Hossa then beat Jacob Markstrom low blocker side 4:04 into OT for his 11th goal of the season.That came after Ryan Hartman tied it with 4:14 left in regulation following goals from Artemi Panarin and Vinnie Hinostroza earlier in the third. The 22-year-old Hinostroza got his first NHL points with a goal and two assists.We didnt panic, Hossa said. We knew there was still 20 minutes left and this team is able to score three goals in a period.Loui Eriksson, Bo Horvat and Brandon Sutter scored for Vancouver, which got 28 stops from Markstrom.Tough one, Canucks captain Henrik Sedin said. Getting a point against the Blackhawks should be a good thing for us, but tonight we should have had two.After Toews score was overruled, an end-to-end extra period continued. Darling stopped one chance by Vancouvers Markus Granlund, and then Sedin sent a shot off the post. The Blackhawks Patrick Kane was stopped on a breakaway before Darling came up with huge stops on Eriksson and Sutter, and then Horvat ripped another chance just wide.Thats probably the most exciting overtime Ive been a part of, Horvat said.Vancouver led 3-0 after two periods behind strong defensive play, but the Blackhawks got on the board 2:53 into the third when Panarin one-timed a cross-ice pass from Kane for his seventh of the season a few seconds after a Vancouver penalty expired. Hossa also came close to scoring on the power play on a shot that hit the post.Chicago cut the deficit 1:13 later when Hinostroza, playing the 17th game of his career, stepped around defenseman Alexander Edler before scoring on his own rebound.Bryan Campbell also hit the post while the Blackhawks outshot the Canucks 17-3 in the third period, but Chicago didnt tie it until Hinostroza set up Hartman for his fourth of the season.Its a tremendous comeback, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said. We didnt have anything going for two periods, we didnt generate much, didnt have any traffic.We got one and got a little excited.Eriksson scored on a power play in the first period, and Horvat made it 2-0 with 2:57 left in the second while killing a penalty. Alexandre Burrows stripped Toews at the Canucks blue line and chipped the puck ahead to Horvat, who beat Darling on a breakaway for his sixth goal.Sutter made it 3-0 later in the second off a feed from Sedin following a dump that eluded Chicago defenseman Michal Kempny. It was Sutters fifth goal and fourth in four games.Game notes Darling stopped 24 shots. ... Canucks G Ryan Miller, who sat Thursday against the Coyotes with the flu, was well enough to dress as the backup. ... Vancouvers Derek Dorsett sat out after injuring his shoulder in the first period Thursday. He joined fellow F Jannik Hansen (fractured rib) and S Christopher Tanev (lower body) on the shelf.UP NEXTBlackhawks: Continue their season-high seven-game road trip Monday night against Edmonton.Canucks: Open a three-game trip Wednesday night at Arizona. Richard Rodgers Jersey . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. Nick Perry Jersey . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. http:///...Jersey.html?cat=1296 .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Just count it as another page in the storybook career of Tim Tebow.Tebow, on the first pitch of his first organized game since a state semifinal during his junior year of high school, hit a 91 mph fastball over the left-center wall for a home run on Wednesday. After circling the bases, Tebow was greeted at the plate by his New York Mets instructional league teammates, who had poured out of the dugout.Tebow, a former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL quarterback, had quietly taken those teenagers out to dinner Monday and to a movie Tuesday after intrasquad games.Its fun to be back out there playing a game, playing a game I love and havent played in a while, and getting to go compete at it too, Tebow said. Its really fun.The crowd, announced by the Mets at 269, also erupted as Tebow connected and circled the bases.Tebow finished 1-for-6. He logged five innings in left field and cut off the lone ball hit in his direction to hold the batter to a single.I liked a lot of my at-bats today, Tebow said. I felt like I hit the ball really hard four of the six times. Two of the times -- one to short, where we were doubled up, and then one I got jammed on -- those were the two Ive got to get the bat around a little faster.Four of the at-bats I felt really, really good about. I didnt swing at any breaking balls. I didnt feel like I really got fooled seeing it. I felt good seeing it out on the hand. I was just late on a couple of the fastballs.The long ball came off 6-foot-5 left-hander John Kilichowski, who was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in the 11th round out of Vanderbilt University in June.In the first inning a lot of guys will take the first pitch, and you just like to get ahead in the count, Kilichowski said. And I had some things I wanted to work on because its instructs and thats what you do. So I just went right in with a fastball and he just hit it out.Asked if he was at all excited about being on the wrong end of Tebows attention-grabbing first professional homer, Kilichowski said, Not really. Theres worse things. The guy works hard. He hit the ball hard. You cant be mad at him for that. ... The ability to hit the ball hard, he has to have that. Andd he did that. Ray Nitschke Jersey. Its a step in the right direction for him.There are five games remaining in the instructional league, although Tebow will be away for the one on Saturday because of his ESPN duties as a college football broadcaster.Mets officials have suggested that Tebows performance in the instructional league will determine whether he is ready to be sent to the Arizona Fall League or a winter league, or will just receive individual instruction this offseason. Tebow indicated its too early to know which path he will take.I have no idea, he said. For me, this is the third day getting to see live pitching. I feel better every day. Im just enjoying the coaching, enjoying being here. Well figure that out after next week.Tebow acknowledged differences between his former career as a quarterback and his baseball pursuit. He noted a pedal-to-the-metal approach doesnt precisely translate from football to baseball.Being on your feet for six hours, staying warm and stretched in between innings, thats different, Tebow said. When youre used to going four to six seconds of relentless effort, and now its something where youre getting longer breaks, thats a little different.Still, there are some similarities to his first training camp with the Denver Broncos.Having to adjust to a new locker room, new teammates, everything is brand-new for you -- even more so now than Denver for my first training camp there, Tebow said. But you learn from everything -- the good and the bad. There are so many different things from all of my experiences that I take and bring to this that I think help.As for why he swung at the first pitch Wednesday, Tebow said, I just wanted to have the approach that I was going to be aggressive. Thats something weve been talking about here every day and practicing it -- and really trying to go gap to gap, and trying to sit on off-speed stuff. But if you get a fastball, drive it, and be aggressive.Thats kind of my mentality anyway. I like it. It was probably a little high, but I tried to get good barrel on it, and luckily it went out. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: