Hamilton admitted he was lucky to be in a good position for Sundays race.I | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Sep 18 '19
Irish fans will be familiar with the script that unfolded at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday evening. Vapormax Herre Til Salg .Their team worked tirelessly for 80 minutes, but just as it looked as though they would find a way through the All Blacks defence, a hammer blow was struck at the other end. Normal service was resumed.New Zealand were made to graft themselves for this win. Faced by a vociferous crowd, and a determined opponent, this victory will be remembered as much for the 144 tackles made by those wearing black as for the finesse added by fly-half Beauden Barrett.It was Barrett who picked off Ireland when the opportunity arose, with the timing of a champion boxer. He set up his teams first try and scored the second - naturally, he also had a hand in the third.But this was a performance built on resilience and character. The All Blacks lost a wealth of experience following the 2015 Rugby World Cup, but the current incarnation are proving just as daunting an opponent in only their first year together.This could well become an important result in the evolution of a record-breaking side.Two weeks ago this team suffered their first loss, that created a bit of adversity, Coach Steve Hansen admitted after their Dublin win.Today was all about seeing how theyd stand up to that. So, to come out on top 21-9, three tries to none and defend for long periods of the game, I think they answered a lot of questions re their character.While it wasnt always pretty I think theres plenty for us to learn and get better on. To be at this point of the year, after losing 818 caps, youve got to be reasonably happy. Pretty good year so far.A pretty good year is obviously a sizeable understatement for a team who prior to stepping on the pitch in Chicago had set a new benchmark for consecutive Test wins.But it is telling that Hansen believes they can still get better.The All Blacks performance in Dublin was far from perfect. They conceded 66 percent possession and 69 percent territory, and the pressure that Ireland were able to exert was highlighted by the fact that they had to play a quarter of this match with 14 men as Aaron Smith and Malakai Fekitoa saw yellow.But it is in adversity that the size of someones heart can be measured. We had to defend, All Blacks captain Kieran Read said.As Steve said the character of the men really showed up. The way we defended, we had to work bloody hard.After 15 minutes it had seemed that they wouldnt have to work all that hard. In defence anyway.The determination of those wearing green in the stands of the Aviva Stadium to witness yet more history was palpable. We are now used to seeing players running out amid the crescendo of fireworks, of course, but this seemed a little different.There was a collective will to ensure that the result in Chicago would not prove a one-off.?Unfortunately, for the majority of the 51,000 fans in attendance, there was an equally powerful assertion from the All Blacks that Ireland would not become only the second team in 10 years to secure back to back wins against them.After an early Irish surge, the crowd fell silent as Barrett drilled a cross-field kick into the grateful arms of Fekitoa to score the games opening try. Just over 10 minutes later, he had added a second himself following consultation with the TMO.There was consternation from the home support, but while Barretts try was still being debated as they departed into the night, the All Blacks first score was the beautiful result of some hard work on the training pitch.Our kicking game was better, Hansen said. Although it wasnt as great as wed like it to be.To win big Test matches, particularly against sides who are good defending sides, youve got to be able to kick the ball to space, youve got to be able to pass it there or run it there. Its as simple as that.?Simple it definitely wasnt but New Zealand have proven that any talk of their demise was greatly exaggerated. France will find out next weekend exactly how much they learned from this bruising Test match. Vapormax Hvid Dame Danmark . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU. Nike Vapormax Outlet . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. http://www.vapormaxdanmark.com/vapormax-dame-sko-danmark.html . Once again, DeLaet finished tied for second at a PGA Tour stop on the weekend, this time at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. The pride of Weyburn, Sask. Lewis Hamilton said he is not too disappointed with losing pole to Nico Rosberg in Hungary after narrowly avoiding elimination in Q2.After a dramatic session elongated by a deluge, Hamilton was on provisional pole in the closing moments of Q3 before having to abort for double yellows when Fernando Alonso spun ahead of him. Mercedes teammate Rosberg arrived at that part of the circuit later and, after what the German called a big lift, went on to claim pole by just over a tenth.Previously Hamilton had come within 0.11s of being eliminated from Q2 and seemed unfazed by missing out on pole position.Asked if he felt the yellow flags cost him pole, Hamilton replied: I dont know how much Nico was up but as you said I got the fastest first sector, I was four tenths up so I felt good on the lap, bit unfortunate with Fernando but these things happen.Im not really too disappointed, it was a tricky session and I did the best thhat I could do and yeah, we still have a long race ahead of us there so I will give it everything Ive got from there. Vapormax Hvid Herre Danmark. A mistake from Hamilton at Turn 1 led to his Q2 scare, with the Mercedes driver dropping down the order in the closing seconds as other drivers improved on a drying track. Hamilton admitted he was lucky to be in a good position for Sundays race.I wouldnt say my heart was in my mouth but when I came in and saw how close it was, that wasnt great. I went wide at Turn 1. The rest of the lap I pushed as hard as I could, I was up on my previous time but I knew everyone would be quicker.I lost too much time there but very fortunate to get through and thats why, even though Im second, Im just grateful Im here and this puts me in a position to fight for the win tomorrow. ' ' '
Share: