Ricky Wagner Jersey White | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
elaine95
elaine95 Sep 17 '19

Which NFL prospect has flipped your opinion this offseason?"There’s nothing inherently wrong about admitting a mistake. In fact Womens Theo Riddick Jersey , it’s a sign of humility and honesty. Too often people form and opinion and stand pat on it despite evidence to the contrary.This seems especially true of the NFL Draft. People convince themselves that there are only a couple ways a team should go with their pick and never open up to the possibility of another route. But, personally, sometimes a player I had previously thought of as a non-starter as a prospect suddenly appears to be more favorable as an option as I learn more information about the player. So today’s Question of the Day is:Which NFL Draft prospects has grown on you as a good option for the Detroit Lions with the eighth overall?My answer: T.J. Hockenson. I was never as adamantly against this pick as a lot of Lions fans were/are, but I’ll just say it now: I’m fully on board if the Lions decide to go with the Iowa tight end in the first round.Though I think the Lions have bigger plans for Jesse James than most people assume, the Lions’ depth behind him is absolutely terrifying. As Hamza pointed out this week, if James goes down, the Lions may be better off just playing without the tight end position—something they’d never actually do considering their commitment to the running game. While Hockenson isn’t superb at any individual aspect of his game Womens Matthew Stafford Jersey , he’s very good at just about everything. He comes from a pro-style offense at Iowa, meaning his transition to the pros should take much shorter than the average tight end prospect—something Bob Quinn has specifically talked about this offseason. And if we’re being completely honest, the Lions offense could really use another offensive weapon. While the Lions defense is undeniably better than it was at this point last year, the offense is actually a little worse. Give me Hockenson, and I won’t put up a stink.Your turn.Tweets from https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/lists/lions-coverage The Miami Dolphins are a sneaky team. They don’t dominate in any particular phase of the game, but at the same time, they don’t have any true glaring weaknesses Danny Amendola Jersey , either. They’re a team that looks mediocre across the board but has the capability of blindsiding a team any week of the season. As a result, they’re 4-2 through six weeks and share a hold of the lead in the AFC East. Part of the reason they’re able to shock teams—like the Chicago Bears last week—is the handful of playmakers they have on both sides of the ball. We’ve seen the Lions give up a lot of big plays both offensively and defensively, so there’s no doubt that Detroit could be vulnerable this Sunday. The question is, who should they be worried about? Today’s Question of the Day is:Which Dolphins player poses the biggest threat to a Lions victory?My answer: I’m tempted to say Frank Gore, both considering the Lions’ inability to stop the run and the fact that Gore is somehow still extremely effective despite crossing over he dreaded 30-years-old hill five years ago. However, he’s not exactly the type of shifty, quicky running back the Lions have really struggled against thus far.Instead Christian Jones Jersey White , I’ll go with the somewhat obvious answer in wide receiver Albert Wilson. Thus far, so goes Wilson, as does the Dolphins offense. Wilson has a catch of at least 20 yards in four different games this season—all wins. When Wilson is held in check, like he was against the Bengals (5 catches, 43 yards) and the Patriots (4 catches, 19 yards), the Dolphins offense was completely stifled. They averaged just 10 points in those two games and lost them both. But Wilson’s talent is undeniable. That acceleration after the catch is likely only matched by the likes of Tyreek Hill. So the Lions will have to account for that speed Ricky Wagner Jersey White , and it won’t be easy without speedster Jamal Agnew in the secondary. Sound tackling and proper angles will be key, which means they’ll need big games out of guys like Tavon Wilson and Glover Quin, who typically defend that sort of thing well.Your turn.Tweets from https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/lists/lions-coverage

Share: