Gregory in the fourth quarter led to a 1-yard touchdo | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Sep 16 '19
                                      MINNEAPOLIS -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell encouraged players to speak their minds on social issues Sunday in the wake of Colin Kaepernicks decision not to stand for the national anthem. Nike Air Force 1 Salg .While Goodell said he has not reached out to the San Francisco 49ers quarterback, he praised the shift of players activism from protests to progress.As Ive said before, I truly respect our players wanting to speak out and change the community, Goodell said at U.S. Bank Stadium before Sunday nights game between the Minnesota Vikings and Green Bay Packers. We dont live in a perfect society. We want them to use that voice. Theyre moving from protests to progress and trying to make things happen in the communities, and I admire that about our players [being] willing to do that.Kaepernick, who initially said he was sitting during the anthem to raise awareness about the treatment of African-Americans in the U.S., knelt again before the 49ers game Sunday against the Carolina Panthers. Players around the league have followed the quarterbacks lead in a number of different forms, whether kneeling during the anthem or locking arms as a team, like the Seattle Seahawks did before their season opener Sept. 11.Obviously, we want to respect people, Goodell said. We want to respect our differences. We want to reflect our flag and our country, and our players understand that. So I think where theyre moving and how theyre moving there is very productive, and were going to encourage that. Nike Blazer Norge .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. Nike Juvenate Norge .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. http://www.airforce1norge.com/nike-sf-air-force-1.html . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Jerod Evans said that he needed to clean up some things during Virginia Techs upcoming off week.The Hokies fan base may be wondering what exactly that is. His play so far has been sparkling.Evans, the Hokies starting quarterback, threw three touchdown passes and rushed for one to lift Virginia Tech over East Carolina 54-17 on Saturday.The Hokies (3-1) scored on their final five possessions of the first half, including all four of their second-quarter possessions, to overwhelm East Carolina (2-2) and snap a two-game losing streak to the Pirates.Evans completed 13 of 20 passes for a career-best 282 yards and rushed for a career-best 97 more. He has thrown at least three touchdown passes in three of the Hokies first four games and is completing 67 percent of his passes.I missed a couple of things here and there, Evans said. I have a lot of things that I can get better at for sure.Evans entered the game with an ACC-best 10 touchdown passes this season. Of more importance to Virginia Tech coach Justin Fuente, he has thrown just one interception.I think hes pretty good, Virginia Tech coach Justin Fuente said of Evans. Hes been judicious with the ball and hes going to the right place most of the time. Hes been pretty efficient.Following a punt return for a touchdown by Greg Stroman and a touchdown run by Marshawn Williams that gave the Hokies a 14-0 lead in the first quarter, Evans threw touchdown passes of 24 yards to Isaiah Ford, 13 yards to Travon McMillian and 55 yards to Cam Phillips. That final score gave the Hokies a 38-0 halftime lead.ECU quarterback Philip Nelson had 362 yards passing and two touchdown tosses to Jimmy Williams. The Pirates had 443 yards of offense, but committed three special teams mistakes, fumbled once and were sacked six times.We studied the film well and they had a lot of keys when they were sliding the protection, said Ken Ekanem, who had two of the Hokies six sacks. Air Force 1 Svart Norge. We had a lot of indicators and we knew when someone was going to be left one-on-one. We look forward to one-on-one matchups and pride ourselves on winning those. We did a good job of that today.THE TAKEAWAYEAST CAROLINA: Coming off a 20-15 loss at South Carolina and playing its third consecutive game against a Power 5 opponent, the Pirates looked a step slow and out of sorts from the opening kick. They went three-and-out on five first-half possessions. The Pirates hope to regroup now that they have finished the non-conference portion of their schedule.That was clearly the best football team that we have played, ECU coach Scottie Montgomery said. The most physical. The biggest. The fastest. The strongest. The smartest. I thought they competed well in their scheme. They played great emotional football. They leaned on their crowd. They played a complete football game -- as complete as it gets.VIRGINIA TECH: The Hokies dominated on special teams, scoring four touchdowns as a result of those units. Greg Stroman scored on an 87-yard punt return, and a blocked field goal attempt led to an Evans touchdown pass to Isaiah Ford. Cam Phillips blocked a punt that led to an Evans touchdown pass to Travon McMillian, and a sack of ECU punter Worth Gregory in the fourth quarter led to a 1-yard touchdown run by backup quarterback Brenden Motley.UP NEXTEAST CAROLINA: The Pirates open AAC play next Saturday with a home game against UCF. ECU blasted the Golden Knights 44-7 last season for their first win in Orlando since 2008.VIRGINIA TECH: The Hokies are off next week before taking on North Carolina on Oct. 8 and will be looking to avenge last years 30-27 overtime loss. The Hokies have won nine of the 12 meetings with the Tar Heels since joining the ACC. ' ' ' 
Share: