8 for 17 under and a fourth-place finish, which will secure his tour card for another season.The Dunhill Links is played over three Scottish links courses -- at S | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Sep 10 '19
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook had a simple response when asked about Kevin Durants recent comments lauding the Golden State Warriors for their selfless environment. Kyle Schwarber Jersey .Thats cute, Westbrook said. Cute.Durant was asked earlier this week why he chose the Warriors during free agency.I feel really grateful to play for a team like that and play with a bunch of players who are selfless and enjoy the game in its purest form, Durant said. They make it about the players, they make it about the environment, so it was really an easy choice.Westbrook, after being read Durants answer verbatim at shootaround on Thursday, was asked whether he felt like it was a shot at him or the Thunder organization.But my job is to worry about whats going on here, Westbrook said. Were going to worry about all the selfish guys we have over here apparently. So were going to figure that out.During the summer, Durant said he and Westbrook were cool. However, at media day, Westbrook disagreed, saying the two havent spoken since Durants departure.Durant has made a number of comments about his new team, many of which have been perceived to be underhanded shots at the Thunder, including saying the Warriors make basketball even more fun than it was.Durant, though, disagreed last week with the idea that hes slamming his former team.That book is closed. Im looking forward now, Durant said. All Im focused on is how we prepare here and how we have fun here every day. Its not a knock on Oklahoma City. Its not a knock on my past teammates. Im looking forward. Im not looking backward.Westbrook was asked Thursday whether its difficult not to take every comment Durant says as a jab at the Thunder.I dont care, Westbrook said. To me, it doesnt matter. My job is to worry about here. Honestly, Im really tired of talking about it. So, anytime anyone asks me another question, Im just not going to answer.The Thunder and Warriors play Nov. 3. Jose Quintana Cubs Jersey . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. Ron Santo Jersey . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. http://www.cubsauthentic.com/cubs-brandon-kintzler-jersey/ . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. ST. ANDREWS, Scotland -- Tyrrell Hatton won his first European Tour title after taking apart the Old Course at St. Andrews for the second straight day in an impressive display of front-running at the Dunhill Links Championship on Sunday.The 24-year-old Englishman, who had a three-shot lead overnight, followed up a course record-tying, bogey-free 62 at the home of golf on Saturday with a 6-under 66 in the final round. He finished on a total of 23 under par (265).Hatton won by four shots from Richard Sterne (66) and Ross Fisher (67) to earn about $800,000 -- easily the biggest pay check of his career.The win capped a strong second half of 2016 for Hatton, who was second at the Scottish Open, fifth at the British Open and 10th at the U.S. PGA Championship.Its a dream come true, and to do it at the home of golf is fantastic, said the 53rd-ranked Hatton, who had two second places and two third places on his resume until finally ending his drought.His performances in the Scottish and British Opens demonstrated his competence on links courses, and his weekend rounds at St. Andrews were clinics.Hatton had three straight birdies at Nos. 3-5 and rolled in a 20-foot birdie putt on No. 9 to open up a six-sshot advantage. Ben Zobrist Cubs Jersey. More birdies came at Nos. 12, 14 and 15, meaning a bogey on the 17th -- after finding the Road Hole bunker -- had little effect and he could play the famous 18th hole with no pressure.I was quite nervous for the majority of the round, Hatton said, but I played really solid and holed some good putts, and that kept the momentum going.Sterne chipped in for birdie at No. 17 and parred the last for a bogey-free 66 -- and a fourth straight round in the 60s this week. Fisher, the second-round leader, stiffed his approach on No. 18 and tapped in for birdie to secure a tie for second.Joakim Lagergren of Sweden shot 68 for 17 under and a fourth-place finish, which will secure his tour card for another season.The Dunhill Links is played over three Scottish links courses -- at St Andrews, Carnoustie and Kingsbarns -- across the first three days before culminating in a final round over the Old Course.It incorporates two separate competitions: An individual European Tour tournament and a team event in which professionals are paired with amateur golfers. ' ' '
Share: