Matt Prater Jersey White | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
elaine95
elaine95 Aug 18 '19

Green Bay Packers could be missing top 3 receivers vs. Lions Aaron Rodgers is the kind of quarterback that can be dangerous with just about any weapon at his disposal. He’s made careers out of guys like Jared Abbrederis Michael Roberts Jersey , Jarrett Boykin and James Jones. But this week against the Detroit Lions, it may an even bigger challenge for Rodgers. At Thursday’s practice, Rodgers was missing his top three receivers. Green Bay has already been practicing without Randall Cobb and Geronimo Allison. Cobb suffered a hamstring injury in prior to last week’s game against the Bills, and Allison has been in concussion protocol after suffering a brain injury last week. But during Wednesday’s practice, their No. 1 receiver, Davante Adams, suffered a calf injury and couldn’t finish the session, according to head coach Mike McCarthy. He didn’t practice Thursday.That leaves Green Bay’s receiving corps completely decimated. Their top three receivers? All rookies: fourth-rounder J’Mon Moore http://www.lionslockerroom.com/authentic-a_shawn-robinson-jersey , fifth-rounder Marquez Valdes-Scantling and sixth-rounder Equanimeous St. Brown. Together, the three have combined for a total of two catches for 41 yards—all of which came from Valdes-Scantling. To make matters even worse, tight end Jimmy Graham missed Wednesday’s practice. He did return on Thursday, but the Packers tight end has been dealing with a knee injury for a couple weeks now. Last week, hobbled by the knee injury, Graham managed just three catches for 21 yards and a score. Interestingly enough, Rodgers may be facing off against a beaten up secondary. Cornerback Quandre Diggs has been sporting a cast on his left hand at practice all week, Nevin Lawson was not at Thursday’s practice Teez Tabor Jersey White , and Tavon Wilson couldn’t finish last week’s game with a back injury.We’ve seen Rodgers work his devil magic before, and he’ll likely have to do it again if Green Bay wants to stay above .500. The Lions have shown interest in two running backs. Which do you prefer?"Tuesday night, the Detroit Lions signed Rams restricted free agent running back Malcolm Brown to an offer sheet, signaling that the team is serious—for the second year in a row—about improving their backfield. Brown is not yet a Lion, though, as the Rams have an opportunity to match their offer in the next five days. Should they do so, he’ll remain in Los Angeles. If the Rams decline, he’ll become the next Lions running back.But he isn’t Detroit’s only option. The Lions hosted former Chiefs running back Spencer Ware on Monday Jake Rudock Jersey , and his addition would make a lot of sense if Detroit doesn’t land Brown. So today’s Question of the day is:Which free agent running back would you prefer of the two: Malcolm Brown or Spencer Ware? My answer: I don’t have a huge preference at this point, but I’m leaning towards Ware, as I think he brings a little more to the table. Not only has Ware shown to be somewhat effective as a starter, when necessary, but he’s also a threat in the receiving game and can even run block a little bit. Brown has been a decent backup, can pass block and play special teams, but if the Lions add him, they will be hoping for some serious improvement. At just 25 years old Matt Prater Jersey White , Brown may have the higher ceiling, but he’s also the bigger unknown here. I’m not much of a gambler, so I that’s why I’m leaning towards the safer pick of Ware. However, if the Rams pass on Brown and he’s the Lions’ newest tailback, I’m not going to feel too bad about it.Your turn.

Share: