th said. ?There appeared to be a rules issue because Spieth played the shot with his foot on the edge of the water - meaning he had n | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Aug 17 '19
BELGRADE, Serbia -- Titleholder Britain won the doubles to lead Serbia 2-1 in their Davis Cup quarterfinal on Saturday. Marvin Harrison Youth Jersey .With Wimbledon champion Andy Murray watching from the team box at the downtown outdoor Tasmajdan Stadium, his older brother Jamie teamed with Dom Inglot to beat Nenad Zimonjic and Filip Krajinovic 6-1, 6-7 (2), 6-3, 6-4.In the decisive reverse singles on Sunday, Dusan Lajovic is scheduled to play Kyle Edmund, and Janko Tipsarevic to face James Ward.It definitely helps to be 2-1 up, Britain captain Leon Smith said. It gives you two shots to win.Earlier, Lajovic breezed past Ward 6-1, 6-3, 6-2 to bring Serbia level.Zimonjic, the 40-year-old veteran, dropped his serve twice with double-faults for key breaks in the first and third sets. The second was more damaging as it gave Britain a 5-3 lead and Inglot served out the third set with two consecutive aces.Zimonjics partner, Krajinovic, playing his first Davis Cup doubles, then dropped his serve at the start of the fourth and the Britons never let the advantage slip.Its a pity, said Krajinovic, who played through an injured wrist and a viral infection. I was very tight in the first set but then I relaxed.The Drina March, a popular Serbian World War I marching tune, was played between every game and the Serbs had a break point with Inglot serving for the match.But the Britons saved it, then the Serbs saved one match point when Krajinovic played a great lob. The Britons then got to replay a point because a fan in the stands shouted Out on Inglots serve, and he hit two service winners to clinch the match.I just focused on my thing, Inglot said after his first doubles win in Davis Cup.Serbia captain Bogdan Obradovic said Zimonjic was playing on an ankle injury, and he was resting the experienced Tipsarevic for the reverse singles.The idea was to keep him fresh for tomorrow, Obradovic said.The second singles could not be played on the opening day because of rain and was postponed until Saturday, when it also began an hour later than scheduled.But the weather cleared and Lajovic put Serbia back in the tie. He won 10 straight points in breaking Ward at love and holding at love for a decisive 3-1 lead in the third set.In the opening singles, Edmund beat Tipsarevic 6-3, 6-4, 6-0 on Friday.Serbia is without top-ranked Novak Djokovic, while Britain is missing No. 2 Andy Murray.The younger Murray, however, came to Belgrade to support the team from the sidelines, while Djokovic stayed away.Lajovic broke serve in the opening game and that set the tone for the match.A tough start, he didnt do much wrong, Ward said. Its one of the heaviest clay courts Ive ever played on, it doesnt suit my game at all.Its not my ideal surface in slow and heavy conditions. He was just too good today.Lajovic agreed about the condition of the clay court after heavy rains overnight.As soon as you put pressure on your foot, it falls apart, Lajovic said.I was a a little under pressure as we were down 1-0, but he was a little less comfortable. I played a good tactical match. Johnny Unitas Youth Jersey . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. Rock Ya-Sin Womens Jersey .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. http:///...kereke-colts-jersey/ .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. SPRINGFIELD, N.J. - Jordan Spieth avoided a potentially contentious rules situation during the second round of the PGA Championship on Friday by repeatedly asking a rules official what he could do and making sure he signed off before hitting the shot.Spieth hit a wayward drive at the par-4 seventh hole - his 16th of the day after starting on the back nine - that came to rest in casual water on a cart path at Baltusrol Golf Club.The course was saturated after heavy rains early in the morning, the rules of golf allow a free drop in such a situation. But those rules also stipulate that if you get relief, you must take full relief - hence it took Spieth several tries to drop the ball in the correct spot. And yet, even when he did, television replays still showed him with a toe on the edge of casual water - a circumstance from which Spieth said PGA of America rules official Brad Gregory allowed him to proceed.It was really weird, Spieth said after signing for a 3-under-par 67 which put him at 137, 3-under-par through two rounds and four strokes back of Emilian Grillo.It was as complicated as Ive ever really had it. Took about as much time as Ive ever taken on a free drop.Several aspects of the Rules of Golf and the Decisions on the Rules of Golf came into play, complicating the scenario. His ball came to rest in casual water on an artificially surfaced path.Spieth showed Gregory that type of swing he would take if there had been no casual water on the path. (Decision 24-2b/1). Spieths stroke and direction were toward the hole. After going through the relief procedure, his ball was in play on the path and clear from his stance. When he dropped, Spieth had the option to select another type of stroke or anotherr club to play the shot and chose to play a different angle. Quenton Nelson Womens Jersey. Because he elected to play in a different direction, based on Decision 20-2c/0.8, Spieth was entitled to either play the ball as it lay, even if his stance was still in the casual water, or he could have elected to take relief again from the casual water under this different stroke he elected to play, according to a PGA of America rules release.I just tried to find out exactly all the options I had and ultimately taking relief from casual water gave me the best opportunity to still drop it on the cart path, play it on the cart path, Spieth said. It took a while because of different drops. We werent sure where my stance would still be and it wasnt full relief.?Ultimately I still ended up playing with a toe in the water. Because the angle had changed from the angle of my stance looking at the pin, he (Gregory) said he was very happy with it, that it was relief and I was altering my stance to play a different shot, which is true, from where the other drop would have been - which is going right at it, Spieth said. ?There appeared to be a rules issue because Spieth played the shot with his foot on the edge of the water - meaning he had not taken full relief, an issue absolved by Gregory.I would have never hit if I was not told it was okay by a rules official, Spieth said. He told me it was fine. ... I never thought twice about it whatsoever. I dont think there was any problem with it. If there happens to be, then thats not on me. I asked every question I could ask and I got every answer I could to be content. ' ' ' 
Share: