Color Rush Jace Sternberger Jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
elaine95
elaine95 Aug 4 '19

The QB later was flipped for a pair of draft picks Justin McCray Jersey , one of whom became a beloved player in Green Bay." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteAcme Packing Companya Green Bay Packers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsPackersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections The APC PodcastPackers Film RoomFantasy Football Advicebecame a beloved player in Green Bay.CDTShareTweetShareSharePackers Draft Pick History: Green Bay made Mark Brunell the 118th pick in 1993The Green Bay Packers hold ten draft picks in the 2019 NFL Draft, and for a team that has a storied, 100-year history, they have predictably made selections in the past at every one of these draft slots. Over the next few days leading up to this year’s draft, Acme Packing Company will examine the Packers’ history at each current slot for 2019, as well as run down the names of recent picks around the league at the position.Believe it or not, the Green Bay Packers drafted the most successful NFL player ever selected with the 118th overall pick in the NFL Draft. It was back in 1993, and Ron Wolf was drafting as the Packers’ general manager for the second time. In those days, Wolf was a proponent of drafting a quarterback each and every season. Wolf believed that was the best way to develop backups; he often traded them away after letting them learn the NFL game in Green Bay for a time.In 1993 Preston Smith Jersey , the Packers picked a relatively unknown quarterback from the University of Washington, one who had more success as a mobile player than as a passer and who had never completed more than 60 percent of his passes in a season in college. Although he did not have his success in Green Bay, that player went on to have an 18-year NFL career, eventually earning a Super Bowl ring as a backup late in his career.Packers’ History at #1181943: Tom Brock, C1993: Mark Brunell, QBWe know virtually nothing about Brock, but Brunell should be a household name for anyone who followed the NFL in the 1990s and early 2000s.After not taking the field in his rookie season while sitting behind Brett Favre and Ty Detmer, Brunell did see brief action in 1994 as the backup. Wolf then traded him to the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars, getting draft picks in the third and fifth rounds in return. Wolf used those picks on fullback William Henderson and running back Travis Jervey respectively Ty Summers Jersey 2019 , while Brunell started ten games for the struggling new franchise.Ultimately, the deal worked out for both sides. Brunell started for the Jaguars for nine seasons, making three Pro Bowls in that span and leading the Jaguars to the AFC Championship Game on two occasions (including in their second season in 1996). After that successful run, the Jaguars traded him to Washington for a third-round draft pick in 2004, and he spent four seasons with the team. He then signed a two-year deal to be Drew Brees’ backup in New Orleans in 2008, and he won a Super Bowl ring as a Saint in 2009.All told, that was a great pick for the Packers, who eventually a fifth-round backup QB into a stellar, All-Pro caliber fullback and a decent backup running back/special teams player. Recent History at #1182018: Anthony Averett Jace Sternberger Green Bay Packer , CB, Alabama (Ravens)2017: Mack Hollins, WR, North Carolina (Eagles)2016: Juston Burris, CB, North Carolina State (Jets)2015: Ramik Wilson, LB, Georgia (Chiefs)2014: Martavis Bryant, WR Jace Sternberger Jersey 2019 , Clemson (Steelers)2013: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M (Chiefs)2012: Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas (Vikings)2011: Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado (Chiefs) After the Packers hired Matt LaFleur as their new head coach in January, team CEO Mark Murphy said that a group of players on the team complained that “a complacency had set in” while Mike McCarthy was still coaching the team.Murphy also said that players wanted a coach who would hold people accountable, which echoed comments that left tackle David Bakhtiari made about a change he wanted to see with the team.The former Packers coach responded to both of those comments in an interview with Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com and he took issue with the characterization of how he ran the team.“When you throw out words like complacency and accountability Color Rush Jace Sternberger Jersey , that bothered me,” McCarthy said. “That’s not accurate. I’ll be first to say that coaches are in the business of being criticized. We deal with it on a daily basis. But when you throw out a statement like that, you better have it right. A big part of the success I’ve had in this league is due to a tireless work ethic. All coaches work hard, but the accountability comment was totally inaccurate. I held my coaches and players accountable every year. Our internal fine process would support that. All I know is I did my job every day and was accountable to winning in line with the standards and the values of the Green Bay Packers that were established by the likes of Ted Thompson and clearly Bob Harlan a long time ago.”While McCarthy may have issues with the way Murphy framed the decision and may be unhappy with the way it was handled, he added that it is “clear to me now that both sides needed a change” and that suggests everyone in the Packers may have been overly settled into a way of doing business that was no longer bringing the desired results.

Share: