maintained visual focus on the two players in the | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 22 '17
The Winnipeg Jets host the Tampa Bay Lightning in a 7pm ct start at MTS Centre. Bruce Matthews Jersey . Its the second and final meeting between these teams.  Mark Scheifele scored the overtime winner for Winnipeg in Tampa December 7th.  The Jets are 7-2-2 against the Lightning in their last nine games. The (19-21-5) Jets are sixth in the Central Division with 43 points.  They are six points behind Phoenix who currently hold the Central Division Wild Card. Ondrej Pavelec (11-17-4, 3.06, .901) starts in goal. Anthony Peluso and Keaton Ellerby are expected to be the healthy scratches. Winnipeg is on a 3 game winning streak at MTS Centre. Evander Kane has three goals and an assist in his last three games. The (25-13-4) Lightning are third in the Atlantic Division with 54 points.  They trail second place Montreal by one point and are four back of division leading Boston. Tampa has won five of their last six road games. Anders Lindback (3-8-1, 3.21, .883) will start in goal.  Ben Bishop is currently injured, so the Tampa recalled Cedrick Desjardins from the AHLs Syracuse Crunch to be tonights back up. Ondrej Palat is on a six game point streak that includes two goals and five assists. Teddy Purcell has five assists in his last four games. Nikita Kucherov has scored one goal in three consecutive games. Tampa has a 5-0-1 record against the Central Division this season. Following tonights game, the Jets are off until Saturday when they host the Columbus Blue Jackets.   Brian Orakpo Jersey . Granada defender Diego Mainz barged into the back of Villa to send the Spain striker to the ground inside the area and Costa stepped up to the spot to score his 12th league goal in the 38th minute. Costa showed no effects of the news that his Brazilian citizenship may be revoked after he elected to play for Spains national team, as the forward was a constant threat for Atletico and forced several saves from goalkeeper Roberto. Marcus Mariota Jersey .J. Ellis hit an RBI single in the ninth inning, Hanley Ramirez hit a tape-measure, three-run homer in the first against Cliff Lee and the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the Philadelphia Phillies 4-3 on Saturday night.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hi Kerry, I looked for a comment online from you on the Nazem Kadri hit on Cody Ceci on Saturday night from the Sens/Leafs game, but didnt find one! I have always respected your on-ice decision skills, so I would like your opinion regarding this hit. Was this a case of the player turning his back when he was going to be hit or did Kadri hit a player in a vulnerable position? Thanks,Randy Eades Hi Randy: I did post a late comment @kfraserthecall on Twitter that you must have missed. Sorry it was late but I was engaged in Twitter combat (and being duly vilified) by Canadiens fans over the Brendan Gallagher episode against the Jets! With regard to your question, Cody Ceci was positioned facing the end boards in order to retrieve the puck after it was turned back from the corner by teammate Jared Cowen and as he was being pressured on the forecheck by Nikolai Kulemin of the Leafs.  Ceci didnt intentionally turn his body at the last second to set himself up for a hit by Nazem Kadri. That had no bearing on why a penalty call did not result. Instead, Ceci was facing square to the end boards waiting for the puck to arrive on his stick just as Kadri angled from the front of the net and delivered a body check that should have resulted in a boarding minor penalty. The initial point of contact delivered by Kadri was to the left hip of Ceci and not on the numbers.  The finishing upward push exerted by Nazem Kadri caused the Ottawa player to tumble forward into the boards. Let me explain for Senators coach Paul McLean and the Ottawa fans why the call was missed by the referees. When you re-examine the video clossely, you will see that referee Paul Devorski, working past his 1,500th game, pivoted out from the corner toward the end faceoff circle in order to vacate the space that Jared Cowen and Nikolai Kulemin would occupy in pursuit of the puck. Avery Williamson Jersey. The referee then rotated his body 360 degrees in a drift back below the goal line but retained visual focus on both Cowen and Kulemin with a fixed glance over his shoulder well after Cowen dished the puck back toward Ceci.  It is clearly evident from the footage that referee Devorski did not turn his head and visual focus toward the action near the net until after Kadri had delivered the illegal hit on Ceci. All the referee witnessed at this point was Ceci down on the ice and Kadri in possession of the puck just prior to a tape-to-tape pass out front to Joffrey Lupul for the Leafs goal. I am positive that referee Devorski would have deemed the hit by Kadri to be worthy of a boarding minor infraction if he had been focused on and witnessed the contact. Since the hit happened directly behind the net the back referee would have at best, an obstructed view if he was looking in that direction. His primary responsibility and area of coverage however was on the action away from the puck; which at that point would have included Cowen and Kulemin in the corner. While we do not see the back referee in the footage, it is conceivable that both refs failed to transition their area of focus once the puck was thrown back behind the net by Cowen. If that were the case, both refs maintained visual focus on the two players in the corner and did not observe the Kadri boarding on Ceci. I hate to be bearer of bad news coach Paul, but that is how the boarding penalty to Kadri was missed and resulted in the Leafs goal that tied the game at two! Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: